After the Greens' mother/Bill's ex-wife Nancy is released from prison, Bill is afraid to let her take care of them, so Cricket attempts to show her he's cool by releasing the animals from the Big City Zoo with disastrous results.
- Adult Fear: Bill and Gramma are afraid Nancy would be a bad influence on the kids.
- An Aesop: You don't have to act like your parents to impress them. What's more important is that they love you just the way you are.
- Cold Open: The episode opens with one, showing how Nancy got arrested.
- Curse Cut Short: While Gramma is rambling at Nancy, at one point she says, "You can take your differences and shove 'em up your..." only to be stopped by Remy.
- Escaped Animal Rampage: What Cricket and Tilly accidentally cause.
- Free the Frogs: Nancy tried to free some cows from a dairy factory but got arrested for attempting to do so.
- Good-Times Montage: Between Cricket, Tilly and Nancy as they have fun throughout town.
- Gone Horribly Right: Cricket and Tilly's plan to release the orangutan from the zoo ends up going out of control when they unknowingly release all the other animals as well.
- The Lopsided Arm of the Law: The police immediately try to arrest Nancy for releasing the zoo animals, but neither they nor animal control do a think about the animals themselves.
- Immediate Sequel: This episode picks up where "Phoenix Rises" left off.
- The Reveal: Gramma reveals Bill and Nancy are divorced.
- Time Skip: The episode begins with a Cold Open showing Nancy trying to release cows from a dairy factory but gets arrested for such, then jumps forward to the present day following her release.