ZetaPlays has one mission: to Let's Play almost every NES, SNES, and Genesis game at random using the Wheel of Crap - A program he designed himself to randomly select games from a library of thousands of games.
Suffice to say he won't be done anytime soon. He was recently suspended, but thanks to PMs from several people, is no longer so. According to Zeta's official website, he has at least 1,833 games left and he is only about 57% done.
He doesn't necessarily finish each game he plays: games he doesn't finish are labeled "Let's Not Play" or "Let's Briefly Play". Let's Not Plays or Let's Briefly Plays which are short or not worth an individual video are compiled and placed into a "Fun Pack".
Tropes provided by Zeta include:
- Arch-Enemy: The Popcorn Organization. Zeta has fought many enemies that use popcorn as weapons leading him to the realization that there is an evil Popcorn Organization behind those attacks. However, the Organization's motives for this are unclear.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": Zeta tends to call bats "cave birds".
- Call-Back: In his LP of The Misadventures of Flink Zeta used the "Plok voice" upon seeing a flag pole.Zeta: (In Plok voice) Are we going to be looking for flags again? I sure hope not.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Zeta swears. Frequently. Though due to Memetic Mutation, he prefers "Hookers" over the traditional F Bomb.
- The old guy from Kid Niki, literally, and was promoted to mascot as a result.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Inverted in that emulators help Zeta make it through games by allowing him to use save states.
- Not to mention that buying every NES, SNES, and Genesis game in existence would cost a lot of money.
- Epic Fail: In great quantity. Zeta claims to have lost his childhood skill in video games.
- One fun pack was titled "Watch Me Herp So Hard I Derp"
- Forgot About His Powers: While Zeta is not afraid to use save states to progress, he tends to forget to make them... until after he's died and realized just how far back the last one was.
- Gag Dub: As Zeta cannot read Japanese, he will frequently make up his own story to Japanese games. This extends as far as even some Visual Novel-type games.
- Looks Like Jesus: Zeta's long hair has that impression on people.
- Mascot: Every time the Wheel is booted up a character will appear on it, it's different each time. Some of them are Kirby, Sonic, Blue Wizard Brax, Reaper, Overkill Dragon, and Robot Unicorn.
- Mood Whiplash: In Minecraft - Dock Supercave (3/3), after exploring a particularly crazy cave and heading back home, Zeta decided to crouch behind a tree and then peak out from behind the tree to create a dramatic ending. However, Zeta accidentally threw a piece of meat instead of crouching. This results in Zeta getting angry at the pork.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Color A Dinosaur. Bonus points for playing it during a livestream.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Meet the ASSRAPE Family
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction to Section Z being chosen by the Wheel. Why? He said the game is virtually impossible and some of the comments are saying that the game just keeps going on and on.
- Real Men Watch My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: It's to the point where a couple of times the Dungeons Of Dredmor shopkeep showed up on the wheel, one of the items in stock was Fluttershy.
- Running Gag: Virtually all of the Wheel of Crap mascots - Particularly, the Hooker Punch guy.
- Save Scumming: When Zeta isn't forgeting to make save states, he occassionally does this during tough boss battles and the like.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Zeta, frequently.
- Second Place Is for Winners: Zeta invokes this for his Christmas card contest, in that second place gets the monetary prize, while first receives his love and affection.
- Special Person, Normal Name: PETE, HERO OF LEGEND
- Tempting Fate: In Let's Play Minecraft Chapter 1 Part 1 Zeta says that he isn't going to be in danger anytime soon. It turns out that he spawned close to a skeleton dungeon.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Sometimes Zeta recognises a title before he plays it. Sometimes this is not a good thing.Zeta: Awesome Possum? Oh, son of a bitch.
- Very False Advertising: When he plays Richard Scarry's Busytown, the game makes a point of stating that it's the BEST GAME EVER! Zeta thinks otherwise.
- When Trees Attack: An unusual variation with completely normal trees appears in Otogirisou when scary music starts playing when a forest is in the background. Zeta states he is afraid that the trees will "grow" at him.
- Why Did It Have to Be Birds: Some of Zeta's worst enemies, some of them are the Goddamned Birds, others are Demonic Spiders.
- With Lyrics: One of the ways Zeta entertains himself is by singing along with the background music. CenturionBeta has been known to edit these into ZetaSings videos.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: According to the Infodump video on his website, Zeta was just offered partner status on YouTube by two different groups. The next day he was suspended from YouTube.
- Subverted since he is no longer suspended.