open/close all folders
- First and foremost, the absurd way that the storylines are set out. By about Season 3, sideplots like Thomas' struggle with his cigarette addiction and half of the railway getting drunk seem commonplace on Sodor.
- Carlin's constant swearing. Especially since nobody seems to bat an eye at his foul mouth.
- How whenever there's an Accidental Innuendo (which is usually Once an Episode), the narrator comments on it.
- A lot of the engines like to deliberately pronounce "rubbish" as "Rabbish!", mostly to piss James off.
- "Thomas and Gordon":
- Thomas' introduction, especially since he talks back at the narrator for calling him a "cheeky little sod".
- The description of Knapford Station, likening it to a youth club. In that it's busy, filled with yobs and smelling of wee.
- "Edward and Gordon":
- Edward tries to question the Tidmouth Shed hierarchy and gets immediately demoted to below Thomas.
- "The Sad Story of Henry":
Henry: Uh...uh...oh...I know, is it...uh...Jerome?James: HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
- James comes across Henry, stuck in the tunnel, and offers to help, on one condition: Henry gets his name right.
- Henry interrupting the narrator at the end, bemoaning that "THIS IS A TERRIBLE ENDING!"
- "Edward, Gordon and Henry":
- Hatt attacking David Mitton.
- Hatt's half-drunken shout of "SENNNNNNNNNNNND FOR ANOTHER ONE!" after Gordon breaks down.
- "Thomas' Train":
Thomas: OH BALLS ALIVE!
- Thomas accidentally running over his fireman. His driver's horrified reaction completes it.
- Thomas' Delayed Reaction when he realises he's left his train behind.
- "Thomas and the Trucks":
Thomas: DEATH?!The Fat Controller: Worse.
- After he nearly crashes, Thomas sees a foreboding shadow:
- "Thomas and the Breakdown Train":
- The Narrator briefing Thomas on what's going to happen when James comes through.
- A very dazed James telling a cow of all things that someone knew his name.
- "Thomas and Trevor":
Thomas: He's a what engine? IS HE RELATED TO TERRENCE?! BECAUSE I CAN'T DEAL WITH ANOTHER GRINNING DEMON FROM HELL!
- Thomas' reaction to meeting Trevor for the first time:
- "Duck Takes Charge":
- Gordon and Percy being utterly beffudled on what the hell a Rabbish is. Percy thinks it's a kind of red vegetable.
- "The Runaway"
Thomas: WHAT HO YOU LOT!Percy: Oh God, he's back.
- When Thomas returns from the works:
- "Percy Takes The Plunge":
- The moment Percy sees the danger board, he begins formulating a plan. Thomas, meanwhile, just rolls his eyes and wonders if they can get a crane ready for the inevitable.
- "Pop Goes the Diesel"
Duck: There are two ways of doing things; the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I'm Great Western and...The Others:Don't we bloody well know it!?
- When Duck makes one of his usual announcements:
- Gordon apparently hid Henry's tender in the same scene, resulting in him being left behind until a fitter took pity on him.
- Percy falling for Daisy the moment he sees her... then gives up a couple hours later once he realises how horrible she is.
- Daisy's terrible French-cum-Essex accent dying after she sees the state of the carriage shed.
- "Percy's Predicament":
Percy: Sir, with the greatest of respect... fuck you. FUCK YOU SIDEWAYS, IF I CAN BE SO BOLD!! GO TO HELL SIR, I HAVE HAD A CRAP DAY MYSELF! YOU THINK I LIKE BEING STUCK ON A STACK OF TRUCKS, YOU FAT FUCK SIR?! YOU THINK THAT I ENJOY THIS?! I WOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THIS STUPID GODDAMN MESS IF YOU HADN'T BROUGHT THAT SHIT WORKER OF A RAILCAR OVER HERE!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN DOING ALL THE WORK?! HER?! IT'S NOT!! IT'S BEEN ME!! ME ME ME ME ME ME! I HAVE LITERALLY STOOD BY AND TAKEN EVERYONE'S SHIT OVER THIS PAST YEAR, AND FOR WHAT?! SO I CAN HAVE INDIGNITY UPON INDIGNITY SHOVED ON ME?! IF YOU WANT TO RANT AT SOMEONE AND FORCE AN UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT ON THEM, THAT RAILCAR SHOULD BE FIRST IN LINE!! BUT NOOOOOOOO, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT, CAN WE, MR FAT ASS FUCK CONTROLLER?! GO!! TO!! HELL!! SIR!!!
- Percy's epic morphine-fueled rant at the Fat Controller after his accident.
- The fact that the Fat Controller is so taken aback by the rant that he almost immediately changes his mind about leaving Percy stranded on top of the wrecked truck as punishment.
- "Buzz, Buzz"
Narrator: Somewhere on Mars, the scream echoed across the red canyons, scaring any life that would have emerged back into its crater.
- This line of dialogue when James gets stung on the nose.
- James' failed attempt to fry the bees in his own steam leaves him with a hacking cough that persists for the next three days.
Narrator: From China, to India, to Belgium, to America, the sound of Edward's scream could be heard echoing.
- Edward's scream is apparently heard all around the world when the Fat Controller forces him to work with Bill & Ben.
- Duke teaching Falcon about mountains, which involved telling him that mountains existed, what the tallest mountain in the world is, what the shortest was (a molehill beside the sheds), that engines don't usually climb mountains unless they were from Shout Out/Culdee Fell and that pancakes taste really good with syrup.
- Also prior to this Falcons crew genuinely fearing that he would deliberately throw himself of the side of the mountain to spite Duke.
Season 5 and Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- "Duncan Gets Spooked"
Duncan: OH MY LORD IT'S THE GHOST IT'S THE GHOST TAKE ME BACK PLEASE OH GOD I HAVE LIVED A LIFE OF SIN THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I BREAK SIR HANDEL'S PAGER ISN'T IT I HAVE SO MANY REGRETS!
- Duncan's epic freakout after his 'ghost' sighting.
Tales From The Abridgement