- Usually at the end of each book, Ms. Frizzle's dress foreshadows what kind of subject (And field trip) will be the focus of the next book. When the kids see a Dinosaur pattern...Student: Uh oh, look at her dress...
Other student: Don't worry, dinosaurs aren't around anymore.
- Near the end of Explores the Solar System, Arnold is telling his parents about his field trip. A headline in his dad's newspaper mentions a pilot spotting a "Schoolbus-shaped UFO".
Arnold: (Thinking) Boy, Ms. Frizzle thinks of everything!
- Also, when Ms. Frizzle gets separated from the class, the kids go through her teacher's notes in hopes of finding a way to control the Bus. One note says, "Arnold, are you listening?"
- Pretty much any time Carlos makes an Incredibly Lame Pun, followed by everybody else yelling "CARLOS!".
- Ralphie's robot misinterpreting the term "Cool it" in "Flexes Its Muscles".
- When Ralphie tells his first build of the robot to "Make me a sandwich!"
- Arnold dinging in "Makes a Rainbow". It Makes Sense in Context, we promise.
- From Inside Ralphie, Liz tries the standard shake him, and "use an alarm clock" tactics to wake up Ralphie to no avail. Her next method: using a GONG!
- In "Plays Ball," Arnold randomly suggesting that Napoleon be the person who pushes the big sled in his Imagine Spot when Doorthy Ann is describing forces, pushes and pulls. Because in order to complete his mental picture, it has to be somebody.
Dorothy: Fine. If Napoleon comes along and gives it a push...
- Dorothy Ann's clearly exasperated compliance.
Carlos: If you're going to force us to listen to this...
- The Brick Joke of Carlos saying that the only force that'll stop the sled is the entire British army.
- Before that, Carlos and Tim poking fun as D.A. for interrupting their game to give a physics lesson.
Tim: You're being kinda pushy, don't you think?
- From "The Busasaurus":Ms. Frizzle: You know, this would be the perfect opportunity to study the digestive system of a T. Rex!
Class: Ms. Frizzle! Do something!
- Before that, the T.Rex tries to tip the bus (which looks like a dinosaur) over to eat it. The kids panic, but Ms. Frizzle just casually looks over her insurance manual without a care in the world.
- Arnold Stating the Simple Solution to Dorothy Ann losing her books in Blows Its Top.Arnold: Wouldn't it be easier to go to a book store?
- Pretty much any time the baker (voiced by Dom De Luise) appears onscreen in "Gets Ready, Set, Dough."Baker: NO!! NO, I'M NOT CRAZY!! Perhaps my establishment just happens to attract a higher breed of moth, that's all.
- Want to sum up the show in two lines?Arnold: As long as we don't get blasted, roasted, toasted, or eaten, I'm happy.
Ms. Frizzle: Oh don't worry Arnold. That's not until next week.
- When the class think the monster in Walker Lake ate Wanda.Phoebe: But I wanted to feed it.
- While Arnold is in disbelief over the fact that he just went on a completely, normal, mundane, commonplace field trip to the zoo, Tim agrees and theorizes that seeing wild animals would have been much weirder if they, oh, saw them wandering around the city or something...Tim: Can you picture that?
Ms. Frizzle: Absolutely, Tim! We can all feature wild creatures!
Arnold: What?! Tim, quick — take it back!
- The animal transformations that follow lead to some great gags. When fox-transformed Arnold, Tim and Phoebe end up in a shed and Arnold is hissed away from the earthworms that suddenly smell FANTASTIC by a normal raccoon, he locks up so thoroughly Phoebe has to take him by the tail and drag him out. Meanwhile, in the city skyline, Carlos, equally hungry and equally deep in his falcon nature decides to catch himself a night hawk; when DA interferes and scolds him, he outright whines at her about how hungry he is.
- In "Cracks a Yolk":Arnold: Why oh why do we always wind up in long, dark, slippery tubes?
Ms. Frizzle: Oh, we're just lucky I guess, Arnold.
- "Goes to Seed" where the class goes to Phoebe's old school to fetch her plant for the magazine photo. The building is actually called Phoebe's Old School!
Arnold: Maybe you should've stayed home today, Phoebe.
- How Phoebe, fearing embarrassment, is desperate to keep the class hidden from her old teacher Mr. Seedplot.
- "In the Haunted House": The "ploopy" sound effects from Carlos' instrument.
Classmates: Forget it, Carlos!
- When the class gets fed up with his attempts to get it to work:
- "Gets Lost in Space" gives us a funny little Funny Background Event with the skeleton covering his 'ears' from Janet's bragging. Clearly he finds her annoying like the rest of us...
- "Gets Ants in Its Pants": Keesha leads an ant into the classroom, which Liz naturally tries to eat. While the ant is climbing around on the camera, towards Liz, Liz holds her mouth open and her tongue out, to try and get the ant to crawl inside. The ant just crawls onto her tongue, up her cheek, and over her head.
- "All Dried Up": Phoebe realises she's wrong about the tortoise in the desert.Phoebe:I might have made a mistake about that lizard. And I might have made a mistake about that jackrabbit. And I might have even made a mistake about that tortoise, but there's one thing I know I'm not wrong about.
Arnold: How much you wish you'd stayed home today?
Phoebe: Students Assisting Sleepy Heads. (shows Carlos still fast asleep on The Magic School Bus)
- When the entire class returns to school, Phoebe starts "S.A.S.H."
- "Getting Energized": While the rest of the class goes to try to work out a way to power their ferris wheel, Carlos stays behind with Liz to deal with the impatient crowd of carnival-goers. As the kids work on their solution, Keesha at one point remarks that they had better hurry - not because of the possibility of not earning any money for their charity, but because "Carlos is probably doing his impressions by now!" Cut immediately to Carlos wearing a muscle suit and addressing the crowd in a Schwarzenegger accent.Carlos: Listen up, people! You will ride de Wheel of Wonder when I say it is time!
The Crowd: (throwing produce) We wanna ride! We wanna ride! We wanna ride!
Carlos: Ah'll be back! (flees)
- Later, when Carlos tells the ground to stay back or else he'll do said Arnold Schwarzenegger impression again, they throw ice cream cones at him.