Final Cut is the first sequel to Urban Legend, released in the year 2000.
Once again young adults are being killed by a masked figure, this time in a film school setting.
This film has the examples of:
- Bad Bad Acting: Sandra. She was supposedly so bad that she couldn't make it in a porn film.
- The Cameo: Brenda, killer of the first film, appears in the ending to greet the killer who has been confined to the mental hospital.
- Chekhov's Gun: A literal gun. Reese tells Amy that she got her gun gold plated to match Pam Grier's in Coffy. At the end this information helps her find the real gun in a pile of props.
- Final Girl: Amy survives, and becomes an actress.
- Gun Struggle: At the climax, the Final Girl, her boyfriend, a friendly cop, and the Ax-Crazy bad guy are all vying for the gun, which happens to have been mixed in with a boxful of prop guns and nobody knows which is the real one.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Graham is a spoiled Alpha Brat, but he does risk his life to try and save Amy from Professor Solomon in the finale.
- Menacing Stroll: The killer does this while chasing Amy to the prop room.
- Needle in a Stack of Needles: During the final confrontation with the killer, two real guns are dropped and a prop rack knocked over, scattering dozens of realistic-looking fake pistols over the floor. Everybody snatches up what they can and hopes like mad that they got one of the functional weapons, but it's only Amy who does.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: Protagonists find footage of one of them being murdered. Being film students, they complain throughout it on how fake it looks.
- The Reveal: Professor Solomon wanted to frame Amy for the murders to get revenge on her late father whose deciding vote robbed him of the Hitchcock Award (and thus his Hollywood career) when he was a film student.
- Retired Monster: Brenda, presumably. She tells Solomon at the end that they have a lot in common, despite the fact she's working as a nurse now.
- Urban Legends: A major theme of the series and the major theme of the killings.
- Villain Team-Up: Teased at the end, when it's revealed Brenda is working at the facility Professor Solomon is placed in.