Super Pretty Cure Time is a collaboration between Cure_Shabon and Kalle, a Pretty Cure Elsewhere/Next-Gen Fic that crosses over the two series of Super Hero Time's 2008 line-up, Engine Sentai Go-onger and Kamen Rider Kiva. It can be read in its own Dreamwidth community.
Sometime in the future following the events of both series, our heroes have finally managed to kick back and settle down after everything had passed — and a few of them have even been able to happily marry and start families on top of that, in the hopes of giving their children normal lives free from battling monsters from other worlds. And for the most part, this was largely successful.
It all starts when Hibari Esumi (the daughter of Sousuke and Miu) has a dream of Machine World being destroyed by the Shin-Gaiark, and Machalcon watching his parents die. Meanwhile, Kaori Kurenai (the daughter of Wataru and Saki) has her own dream, where a clan called the Neo-Fangires slowly turns her family and friends to glass and leaves them to die, all while a familiar song plays...
Thankfully the girls are able to brush them off as being All Just a Dream, but things start getting more real than they imagined when two monsters from those very same groups attack them. And that's when they're approached by their new partners, and find themselves caught up in their own heroic adventure!
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first time Yuko Oshima has portrayed a redheaded character with mommy issues.
- Alternate Continuity: While the Go-onger canon is pretty much as it was, the Kiva canon diverges hard after the ending — instead of the television ending, the ending of the S.I.C. Hero Saga story Masked Rider Kiva: King of Vampire is used.note
- For Want of a Nail: Because of the divergence, the Neo-Fangires turned out much differently here than they did in the television series, as well as other major and minor changes to the characters' lives.
- Character Blog: A Tumblr Ask blog for the Cures was created after the premiere, and will be active soon.
- Dancing Theme: The first Ending Theme, a remix of "Get You! Love Love?!"
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: The beginning of episode 1.
- Edible Bludgeon: In episode 2, Kaori attempts to fend off the Neo-Unicorn Fangire with a grocery bag filled with vegetables, but ultimately fails.
- Elsewhere Fic
- Expy: Hibari and Kaori were once said to be "Hibiki and Kanade with less infighting".
- Late for School: Hibari, at the start of the first two episodes. When asked about it by Kaori...Hibari: Dont blame me, blame that action movie marathon from last night!
- Unlike most examples, though, she isn't exactly frantic about it.
- Legacy Character: Subverted to hell and back.
- Mythology Gag: The first episode's beginning dream sequence is similar to the first scene of Go-onger's first episode, but this time it doesn't end well.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Any supporting characters with no family ties to Hibari or Kaori are named after actors who worked in Go-onger and Kiva, with odd names out in Masahiro and Yuiko. This even extends to the school: Takei Middle School, named after the head writers of both series (Junki Takegami and Toshiki Inoue).
- New Transfer Student: A minor character in the first episode.
- Next-Gen Fic
- Nightmare Sequence: The beginning of episode 2, in contrast to Hibari's dream in the previous episode.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Takei Middle School's standard female uniforms feature this. Hibari replaces them with Modesty Shorts.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The opening theme is "Ready Go!" by May'n, which is already the opening of Ōkami-san.
- Aimi's catchphrase is meant to be one to Kamen Rider Fourze.
- #1: While introducing the readers to the junkyard where the members of Shin-Gaiark establish themselves, there is a mention of "little girls forcefully taken away by their evil stepmothers". This is a reference to the Brazilian soap opera Avenida Brasil.
- #3: At the beginning of the mention we get a passing mention of a British Boy Band named Only Exception.
- The Smurfette Principle: Played straight with the Neo-Fangires, averted everywhere else.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Hibari and Kaori, unsurprisingly.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: The series takes place in 2027, but things don't seem to have changed that much from now.