Tyler Lee Hoechlin (born September 11, 1987 in Corona, California) is an American actor.
He's best known for his role as Derek Hale on MTV's Teen Wolf, as well as for his parts in Road to Perdition, 7th Heaven, and Everybody Wants Some!!. Currently, he plays Superman in The CW's Arrowverse, beginning with guest appearances in Supergirl and crossovers before taking a starring role in Superman & Lois.
- Disney Sing-Along Songs: Happy Haunting Party at Disneyland (1998) as Zach
- Road to Perdition (2002) as Michael Sullivan Jr.
- 7th Heaven (2003-07) as Martin Brewer
- Grizzly Rage (2007) as Wes Harding
- CSI: Miami (2007) as Shawn Hodges
- My Boys (2009) as Owen Scott
- Castle (2009) as Dylan Fulton
- Lincoln Heights (2009) as Tad
- Hall Pass (2011) as Gerry
- Teen Wolf (2011-17) as Derek Hale
- Everybody Wants Some!! (2016) as Glen McReynolds
- Undrafted (2016) as Jonathan Dellamonica
- Arrowverse as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman:
- Fifty Shades Freed (2018) as Boyce Fox
- Another Life (2019) as Ian Yerxa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020) as Sephiroth (voice)
- Palm Springs (2020) as Abe Schlieffen
Tyler Hoechlin provides examples of the following tropes:
- The Cast Show Off: Before acting full-time, Tyler also played baseball for many years; he's acted as three baseball players to date. (In Hall Pass, Everybody Wants Some, and Undrafted.)
- Former Child Star: Most notably in Road to Perdition, which was one of his first major acting gigs. His first acting role was in a 1998 Disney Sing-Along Songs tape called Happy Haunting Party at Disneyland. He was 10 at that time.
- Full Circle Portraying: He followed George Newbern as both Superman and Sephiroth.
- Mr. Fanservice: Many of his roles make a point of exploiting his chiseled good looks.
- Perma-Stubble: He's rarely seen without some facial hair.