After accidentally killing a bear cub while celebrating graduation in the woods, four teenagers Ritch, Wes (Tyler Hoechlin), Sean and Lauren, become the target of a seemingly unstoppable grizzly bear.
The film is also known as Off Road.
The film features the following tropes:
- Accidental Murder: The teens accidentally hit a grizzly bear cub. The mother doesn't take it well at all.
- Are You Sure You Want to Do That?: Lauren objects to the group's desire to deviate from the main destination and go into the woods which would be trespassing. They don't quite listen and it of course doesn't turn out well.
- Bears Are Bad News: Especially if you kill their offspring.
- Cell Phones Are Useless: Forget calling 911! None of their cellphones work!
- Developing Doomed Characters: Averted all around; the 2D characters get attacked by the bear quite early on.
- Downer Ending: The Bear lives, everybody else DIES.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Averted, in that the group's car (more or less) survives numerous mishaps, including a roll-over down a hill.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The movie is about a Grizzly Bear's rage!
- Grimy Water: Complete with rusted barrels marked with biohazard symbols.
- Horror: A terrifying bear movie, that's what it is!
- Horror Films: It's an angry bear against 4 teens who are in for the fight of their lives!
- Kill 'Em All!: Everyone dies.
- Made-for-TV Movie: As stated above this premiered on the Syfy Channel, not in theaters.
- Mama Bear: Literally in this case. They killed her cub, now she wants to kill them.
- Minimalist Cast: Four characters. Five if you count the bear.
- Mutants: It's implied that the bear was mutated by the toxic waste the characters stumble onto.
- Pun: On the cover above it says "Ripped apart at the screams!" instead of "Ripped apart at the seams!"
- Spoiler Cover: As seen in the poster above it says "Ripped apart at the screams!" and considering all of the teens get killed by the bear, this most definitely qualifies!
- Super-Persistent Predator: When it comes to killing the teens that killed her cub (albeit accidentally) this bear just won't quit!
- The Smurfette Principle: Lauren is the only girl of the group, not that it matters though considering everyone dies all the same.
- Too Dumb to Live: Everyone. Instead of just going back to where they came from they roam aimlessly around the woods.
- Travel Montage: A couple of these happen, before the movie really begins.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Wes remove his clothes, leaving him in just boxer shorts and and sneakers.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The teens come across a river full of improperly (and probably illegally) disposed of toxic waste. Could this be responsible for how persistent the bear is? Well, we never find out.