James Patrick "Jamey" Sheridan (born July 12, 1951) is a prolific American character actor.
He appeared in (Selected Filmography Only)
- Spenser: For Hire
- The Stand
- Chicago Hope
- Now and Again
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Game Change
- Agent X
- Chronically Killed Actor: He frequently dies on-screen.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Usually, his characters either goes against them or are one themselves.
- Law Procedural: He is frequently cast in these type of works.
- Police Procedural: He is also frequently cast in these type of works, perhaps more so than the above.
- Realpolitik: His works frequently focus on this.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Commonly his heroic roles.
- Shakespearean Actors: He is a classically trained actor and is a veteran on Shakespearean plays.
- Written-In Infirmity: Was diagnosed with Bell's palsy (a partial paralysis of the face) during his penultimate season on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, which led to him wearing an eyepatch and his condition being written into the show.