Trauma was an NBC medical drama about the unsung heroes, emergency first responders. Set in the San Francisco Bay Area, Trauma focused on a team of paramedics: Nancy Carnahan, Tyler Briggs, Cameron Boone, Dr. Joseph "Joe" Saviano and the resident badass, Reubert "Rabbit" Palchuk.
Not to be confused with the reality series Trauma: Life in the E.R..
This show provides examples of:
- Death Seeker: Rabbit has shades of this.
- Drives Like Crazy: Rabbit, in the Pilot, before he is called out on his recklessness.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Glen
- Really Gets Around: Nancy has a reputation at work. They were taking bets on when (not if) she would sleep with the new guy.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Several in the first eight minutes of the Pilot, before a Time Skip to the anniversary of their deaths exactly one year later.
- Sleep Cute: Nancy goes to Rabbit's apartment on the night of the anniversary of the accident in which they lost their colleagues. They share a bed, but it's completely platonic.
- Straight Gay: Tyler
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Very frequent, considering the show is about paramedics who rarely follow up on the patient once they have been delivered to the hospital. Sometimes the audience is never even told if the patient survived.
- This is entirely Truth in Television. Paramedics rarely if ever get patient follow-ups, and only if it's a truly significant case. Patient care in EMS is totally transitory.