Hiroyuki Sanada, MBE (真田 広之 Sanada Hiroyuki, born Hiroyuki Shimosawa (下澤 廣之 Shimosawa Hiroyuki) on October 12, 1960) is a Japanese character-actor.
No matter the project, you can pretty much depend on Sanada to bring a certain gravitas and respectibility, likely due to his Shakespearian background. He's Big in Japan, not inaccurately described by Damon Lindelof as "Japan's Harrison Ford".
- 1983 Legend Of Eight Samurai as Inue Shinbei Masashi
- 1998 Ring as Ryûji Takayama
- 2003 The Last Samurai as Ujio
- 2005 The White Countess as Matsuda
- 2007 Rush Hour 3 as Kenji
- 2007 Sunshine as Captain Kaneda
- 2008 Speed Racer as Mr. Musha
- 2013 The Wolverine as Shingen Yashida
- 2013 47 Ronin as Ôishi
- 2013 The Railway Man as Takeshi Nagase
- 2017 Life as Sho Kendo
- 2019 Avengers: Endgame as Akihiko