Rush Hour 3 is a buddy-cop/comedy film and the third installment of the Rush Hour series.
Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) and Detective Carter (Chris Tucker) are back in action in Paris. After Ambassador Han is almost assassinated, they need to protect Genevieve (Noémie Lenoir), a French woman who has a list of the Triads' leaders. Lee also has personal struggles with a Chinese-Japanese criminal mastermind named Kenji (Hiroyuki Sanada), who is also Lee's long-lost blood brother.
Their race will take them across the city, from the depths of the Paris underground to the breathtaking heights of the Eiffel Tower, as they fight to outrun the world's most deadly criminals and save the day. Of the three, this is the least well-received.
This film provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Soo-Yung seems to have Taken a Level in Badass after fighting the chinese hitman and kicking Jasmine in the elevator tower.
- All Part of the Show: The Triads attempt to kill Genevieve in her cover as a headliner/musician. When they shoot at her, the audience applaud at the gunplay and Lee and Carter escaping with Genevieve as it was revealed that Genevieve was put on a mafia inspired performance.
- Big Bad: Kenji, who is Lee's brother.
- Big Damn Heroes: George saves Lee, Carter, and Genevieve from Reynard by shooting him in the back.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Lee and Carter battle a very tall Chinese man, but they easily get beaten by him.
- Damsel in Distress: Soo-Yung gets kidnapped again, this time by Kenji tied to a rope and in the air. Also doubles as Badass in Distress after she Took a Level in Badass.
- Dragon Lady: Jasmine who is literally credited as "Dragon Lady".
- French Jerk: Commissaire Revi is very unpleasant towards Lee and Carter, such as giving them a cavity search, and trying to take credit for their heroism in the end.
- Ms. Fanservice: Genevieve wears a very beautiful dress, and also her attempted sex scene with Carter.
- Pronoun Trouble / Who's on First?: This was done in a dojo when Carter was speaking with Master Yu and Sifu Mi.Carter: Who are you?
Carter: No, not me, you!
Yu: Yes, I am Yu.
Carter: Just answer the damn question! Who are you?
Yu: I have told you!
Carter: Are you deaf?
Yu: No, Yu is blind.
Carter: I'm not blind, you blind.
Yu: That is what I just said.
Carter: You just said what?Yu: I did not say "what", I said "Yu"!Carter: That's what I'm asking you!Yu: And Yu is answering!Carter: Shut up! (to Mi) You!Yu: Yes?Carter: Not you, him! What's your name, man?Mi: Mi.Carter: Yes, you!Mi: I am Mi.Yu: He's Mi, and I'm Yu.