Charlie Thomas Cox (born 15 December 1982) is an English actor best known for his roles as Tristan Thorn in Stardust, Owen Sleater in Boardwalk Empire, and Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Judge John Deed (2002) as Young Vicar
- The Merchant of Venice (2004) as Lorenzo
- Casanova (2005) as Giovanni Bruni
- A for Andromeda (2006) as Dennis Bridger
- Stardust (2007) as Tristan Thorn
- Glorious 39 (2009) as Lawrence
- Downton Abbey (2010) as The Duke of Crowborough
- Moby-Dick (2011) as Ishmael
- Boardwalk Empire (2011–12) as Owen Sleater
- The Theory of Everything (2014) as Jonathan Hellyer Jones
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 — present) as Matt Murdock / Daredevil
- King of Thieves (2018) as Basil
- Relics & Rarities (2019) as Seamus O'Flanagan
Tropes associated with him:
- Carpet of Virility: He's become so associated with his hairy chest that fans were disappointed to learn he'd shaved it off for Daredevil (this is mostly so that the makeup for Matt's many chest injuries is easier to apply).
- Converted Fanboy: Before playing Matt Murdock, he knew very little about the character. In fact, until the day before the audition, he didn't even know that he was going to be playing a blind man. Over time, he began to read comics to prepare for the role. Now, he's not only a fan of Daredevil, but comics in general. It should be noted that he was a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and was positively delighted to learn their origin is directly connected to Daredevil's.
- Fake American: For Matt Murdock.
- Fake Irish: For Owen Sleater.
- Limey Goes to Hollywood: He temporarily settled down in the United States during the filming of Boardwalk Empire. After being cast in Daredevil, he has settled down in New York City for the time being, though this may be coupled with the fact that he became a father with his wife Samantha Thomas, a producer on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the other Marvel Netflix shows.
- Method Acting: He learned several different Irish accents when auditioning for Owen Sleater because he had no idea where Owen's origins were supposed to be.
- Mr. Fanservice: In keeping with the tradition of Marvel's leading men taking off their shirts within their universe, Matt Murdock's body is on display in many episodes of Daredevil. Except when it's because of Matt getting badly injured. Though for some people, that's still Fanservice!
- One of Us: He's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, to the point that he knows of the secret link between the Turtles' origin and Daredevil's.
- Role Reprise: He returned as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home, a few years after Netflix cancelled his show.