Charlie Thomas Cox (born 15 December 1982 in London, England) is an English actor best known for his roles as Tristan Thorn in Stardust, Owen Sleater in Boardwalk Empire, and Matt Murdock in Daredevil (2015) and The Defenders (2017).
- Stardust (2007) as Tristan Thorn
- Downton Abbey (2010) as The Duke of Crowborough
- Boardwalk Empire (20112012) as Owen Sleater
- The Theory of Everything (2014) as Jonathan Hellyer Jones
- Marvel Cinematic Universe as Matt Murdock / Daredevil
- King of Thieves (2018) as Basil
Tropes associated with him:
- Badass Beard: Has one except when he's playing Matt, which is when he'll shave it
- Carpet of Virility: He's become so associated with his hairy chest that fans were disappointed to learn he'd shaved it off for Daredevil (this is mostly so that the makeup for Matt's many chest injuries is easier to apply).
- Fandom Nickname: And for some reason, most of them got to do with pastries. The most prominent example being, "Precious Cinnamon Roll".
- Limey Goes to Hollywood: He temporarily settled down in the United States during the filming of Boardwalk Empire. After being cast in Daredevil, he has settled down in New York City for the time being, though this may be coupled with the fact that he became a father with his girlfriend Samantha Thomas, a producer on Agents Of Shield and the other Marvel Netflix shows.
- Mr. Fanservice: In keeping with the tradition of Marvel's leading men taking off their shirts within their universe, Matt Murdock's body is on display in many episodes of Daredevil. Except when it's because of Matt getting badly injured.
- Shipper on Deck: He is very enthusiastic about shipping Matt Murdock and Karen Page.