Spidey is a 12-issue Lighter and Softer modern reimagining of Spider-Man. It features a teen Peter Parker trying to do his best as a superhero and balancing it with going to school and having friends.
Really Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Spidey and Spidey: School's out! contain examples of:
- And the Adventure Continues: How the series concludes.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In issue #4 Dr Doom makes off with a painting by a Latverian artist, to be hung in a museum in his country.
- Chekhov's Classroom: At the beginning of issue #2, the history teacher Mr. Maxwell explains how Leonidas used the environment to get the advantage. Later in the story, Spidey uses the environment to defeat Sandman.
- Grand Finale: Issue #12, where Peter & Gwen finally get together and several previous villains return as The Sinister Six.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In issue #4, Electro had a cameo where he was Ambiguously Brown and had a different costume. After that, he's got back to his original look.
- Heroic Bystander: Owen, a little boy who gives Spidey the idea of shutting down Doctor Doom's power source in issue four.
- Kid Hero: Peter is only 15 when the series takes place.
- Race Lift: Both Harry and his father Norman are Ambiguously Brown here.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Spidey spends almost all issue eleven to try to defeat Scorpion to get into the "ultimate team-up" (the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange fighting Galactus). When he finishes, they are already done and he is left there to clean up the mess.
- Shout-Out: Both Peter and Gwen are fans of Lord of the Rings.
- Villain Team-Up: As usual, the Sinister Six.