Beware of unmarked spoilers.
Iridatsu Yuta/Yu (Pine)The protagonist of Punch Line, his soul was separated from his body in the first episode. Mastering his ghostly powers with the aim of returning to his body is Yuta's main goal.
Voiced by: Marina Inoue
- Body Surf: Yuta learns he can temporarily jump into Rabura's body and control her for a few minutes. He screws things up the first time around in episode 4, but is more successful when he uses her to warn Mikatan about not letting Ito go to the shrine at night in episode 5.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: The whole "get aroused too much and the world will end" thing kinda puts a kaboosh on Yuta's love life. Being a ghost doesn't help much either. Somewhat averted by the revelation that the arousal just kills his ghost form, meaning he fails to prevent the end of the world rather than actually causing it. Rather less averted due to his being stuck in a girl's body when alive.
- Deus Sex Machina: Yuta after seeing a Panty Shot gets superhuman power. However, if he ever sees another one, he dies, and the world dies soon after..
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: With Chiyoko and Guriko. Yuta (Pine) ended up in Chiyoko's body while Guriko ended up in his. Unlike many other examples of the trope, it seems to have stuck for years after the flip actually occurred.
- Gender Bender Angst: Is actually female, but identifies as male. This is because he's refused to fully accept the results of the three-way body swap which landed him (as Pine) in the body of Chiyoko.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Iridatsu Yuta - yuutai ridatsu. "Yuutai" means "ethereal body", "ridatsu" means "withdrawal", so his name refers to how his spirit and body are separated. In addition, "Yuta" sounds a bit like "U-turn", which shows up in the show as a message sent by himself to remind him to travel back in time and fix things.
- Reset Button: Yuta can travel back in time before he caused the destruction of Earth... again and again.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: What he ends up doing later on. 49 days after the meteor passes, Yuta's spirit decides to go back in time in order to create a brighter future.
- Poltergeist: Yuta learns that he can manipulate some objects around, and as he gains experience, can do more things. Cinnamon seems to enhance these powers.
- Super Mode: Seeing womens' underwear triggers his ability to Uberfy.
Daihatsu MeikaThe landlord of Korai House, and at the start of the series the only person who knows the secret identity of Strange Juice.
Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- In-Series Nickname: Mikatan refers to Meika as "Meikaemon", due to her status as an inventor. There's also the fact that Meika is a robot.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Daihatsu Meika - dai hatsumeika. "Dai" can mean "great" and "hatsumeika" means "inventor", put them together, you get "great inventor".
- Meganekko: Always wears glasses, which with her hairstyle makes her resemble Velma from Scooby-Doo.
- Robot Girl: In an odd case, while she's a genius, being a robot does not give her any special physical advantages.
- Robotic Reveal: We get this immediately after the attack on Korai House in episode three.
Hikiotani ItoA teenage shut-in who refuses to go to school for reasons she's hesitant to explain. She adopts a bear cub she names Muhi.
Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki
- Broken Bird: Her experiences at school after she was seen with a teacher late at night caused her to abandon school altogether.
- Gratuitous English: She responds to battle orders with, "Yes, my lord!"
- Hikkikomori: Ito is one as the result of bullying. She rarely leaves her room, instead preferring to play games on the computer. This doesn't stop the others from visiting her.
- I Know Madden Combat: Meika designed her Revol-Maker mecha to use the same UI as the game that Ito plays all the time, making her an Instant Expert and able to take on the US Army!
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Hikiotani Ito - hiki ota NEET. This one is pretty self-explanatory, as she's an hikikomori, a otaku and a NEET.
- Meganekko: Always seen wearing glasses.
- Parental Abandonment: Ito's father is a board member of the metropolitan assembly education committee. When she became a shut-in, he had send her to the Korai House out of fear of bad publicity at the suggestion of Rabura, her cousin.
- Traumatic Haircut: Ito suffers one in a Flash Back seen in episode 5, when some female bullies throw gum in her hair, then cut it off. As a result, she only has short hair on her head now.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: The video she made listing the names of the girls who bullied her caused the girls to become the victims of the Turtle Man.
Chichibu RaburaA woman who works as a spiritual medium but believes she actually lacks any spiritual abilities.
Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu
- Drowning My Sorrows: Rabura has a tendency to do this, Misato-style.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Chichibu Rabura - chichi burabura. "Chichi" is one way to say "boobs", and "burabura" is an Japanese onomatopoeia "walking aimlessly". This reflects how she has the largest breasts out of the cast and doesn't really know what to do with her life. Plus, "rabu" is the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "LOVE" which she wears a pendant, and relates to her being a Christmas Cake anxious to find a partner.
- Not-So-Phony Psychic: She doesn't believe she has spiritual powers like her mother and grandmother, but the fact that Yuta can body surf within her proves otherwise, as only the spiritually aware of those with a similarity to the ghost can be possessed.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is is Lovra or Rabura? Crunchyroll's subtitles use Rabura.
- Took a Level in Badass: Twice.
- First is when she volunteers to allow astral Yuta to possess her body and Uberfy it during the climax, taking on an entire squad of Ws single-handedly.
- Second is when she's finally able to break her own mental seal on her powers (as she previously didn't actually believe in spirits) and perform a legitimate exorcism in a Big Damn Hero moment after the above.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A sort of dark mint green.
Narugino Mikatan (Chiyoko)A resident of Korai House and also the real identity of the superhero Strange Juice.
Voiced by: Sora Amamiya
- Accent Slip Up: Mikatan flips back to her Tsugaru accent whenever she's surprised.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Narugino Mikatan is a bit more elaborate than other Punny Names. It's a play on "seigi no mikata", with translates to "ally of justice", based on the alternative reading of the character 成 (read as "Naru" in the name, while also having the reading "Sei").
- Super Mode: She can Uberfy at will.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Terrified of turtles.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bubblegum pink. It turns orange when she's Uberfying.
Voiced by: Yuri Yoshida