Characters introduced in and exclusive only to the comic book adaptations of God of War.
A monstrous, overgrown spider sent by someone (possibly the Olympians) in order to stop Kratos on his second trip to the secret Island where Ambrosia was kept. She's slain by the Spartan.
- Giant Spider: If the name didn't make it obvious enough.
- Kill It with Fire: How Kratos deals with her.
- Mama Bear: She gets pissed when Kratos burns her eggs.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Attempted and failed on Kratos.
The Champion of Poseidon, he's a brutal warlord from Thera island. Seeks the Ambrosia to cure his villagers.
- Ax-Crazy: He's even worse than Kratos in this regard.
- Badass Normal: Despite his status as Poseidon's champion, he has no otherwordly power whatsoever.
Artemis' Champion from Keros. She's looking for the Ambrosia in order to cure the sterility of the women of her tribe.
- Amazon Brigade: She leads one.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a long scar across her otherwise pretty face.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Kratos chops her in half.
- The Vamp: Tries to seduce Kratos when she becomes attracted to his strength. It doesn't end well.
- Warm-Up Boss: Compared to the other Champions.
The Spartan captain sent to help Kratos with his men. It won't end well.
- Badass Normal: He's a Spartan, after all, and not a demi-god like Kratos.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Burnt along with his soldiers by a fiery rain send by Hades.
- Came Back Wrong: He and his soldiers were reanimated as undead legionnaires.
- The Lancer: Briefly, to Kratos
Hermes' Champion, he needs Ambrosia to save the dying livestock of his village. He has power over animals. He is slain by Alrik.
- The Beastmaster: He can summon and control his Roc birds.
- Flunky Boss: He's followed by his villagers and a flock of Rocs.
- Knife Nut: Wields a large, falchion-like knife.
- Off with His Head!: And his head is used to control the Rocs.
The Champion of Helios.
- All There in the Manual: His name.
- Fireballs: Can cast them with ease.
- Infernal Retaliation: He can spontaneously combust without any harm to himself (as he states).
- Kill It with Water: Kratos kills him by drowning him in a river.
- Light 'em Up: Has powers of light, and is not particularly good.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: One of his many powers is a curious, deafening pitch.
- Pyromaniac: Uses his powers to burn down everything in his path.
One of the Hecatonchires and keeper of the Tree of Life from which Ambrosia is born.
- Achilles' Heel: The Tree of Life.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: He's one of the largest beings in the whole series.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He's literally covered in eyes.
- Genius Loci: He's the Island where Ambrosia is kept.
- Kill It with Fire: In order to keep Ambrosia away from Ares worshippers, Kratos burns the Tree of Life and Gyges with the Flame of Apollo.