- Played by: Mila Kunis
Amy Mitchell is the mother of two - Jane and Dylan. She is very much involved with her kids and works as a sales rep for a high end coffee business. As a result her two roles often come into conflict with each other. She befriends Carla and Kiki and ends up runs for PTA president with Carla and Kiki as her running mates and wins. At the end, she finds balance between her family life and career life.
- Family Versus Career: Averted. In the beginning, Amy's family life often interfered with her career and vice versa. Instead of choosing one or the other, she creates a balance between the two, coming off as a much happier person.
- Mama Bear: Very much so for her two kids, especially for her daughter Jane. Amy begins her entire campaign because the current PTA Gwendolyn unfairly terminated Jane from the soccer team. After a series of personal blows, Amy was willing to concede the entire election to Gwendolyn until she decided to frame Jane as a drug addict, getting her kicked off all extracurricular activities. Then Any pulls her entire self together to beat Gwendolyn.
- Sexless Marriage: The marriage of her and Mike qualifies as this.
- Played by: Kathryn Hahn
Carla is the single mother of one son. She is very hands off to the point not of neglect and spends her time getting laid and getting high. She befriends Amy after she took a stand against Gwendolyn and later becomes friends with Kiki. At the end, she resolves to become a more involved mother.
- All Women Are Lustful: Every cast member shows a healthy sexual appetite, but her brazen hussiness is a sight to behold.
- Bi the Way: She makes out with several women at the party.
- Mama Bear: Despite her constant neglect and put downs to her son, she will do anything to protect him. She also invokes this trope to motivate Amy into not concealing to Gwendolyn after she framed Jane as a drug addict, resulting her in getting kicked out of all extracurricular activities.
- Parental Neglect: Doesn't even remember her son's birthday, often forgets or chooses not to pick him up from school, and spends most of her time smoking weed than attending to her son. At the end of the movie, she tries to become a better parent.
- Really Gets Around: Her promiscuity is the source of several jokes.
- Played by: Kristen Bell
Kiki is the stay-at-home mother of four. Because her husband expects her to do all the work without any help, she dedicates all her time to taking care of her kids. The lack of a social life makes her seem socially awkward and depressed shunning her from the other moms. She eventually begins to branch out and take a stand for herself.
- Extreme Doormat: In the beginning, she was at the mercy of her very domineering husband and Gwendolyn, and her kids walked all over her. By the end, she grew a backbone.
- Friendless Background: Has no social life because she has to look after her kids all day. Amy and Carla change that later.
- House Wife: She stayed at home to take care of the kids and the house while her husband works. At the end of the film, she remains a housewife but receives help from her husband.
- Mama Bear: She would die for her kids any day.
- Took a Level in Badass: She stands up to her demeaning husband and becomes more assertive and confident in herself.
- Played by: Christina Applegate
Gwendolyn is the domineering and overzealous PTA president of 6 years and the mother of two little girls.
- Alpha Bitch: Blonde, rich, president of the PTA, bullies those she considers to be bad moms, and treats her two friends as minions.
- Functional Addict: She admits that she's addicted to Vicodin. Somehow, until she confesses it to Amy, she kept it a complete secret from everybody she knew and has a seemingly perfect life.