- Jack O'Connor, managing to crash the terrorists' computer systems entirely with his virus, taking out all the cameras and the V1 ending off the air. Unfortunately this happened, how shall we say? Somewhat late...
- He also gets another posthumous crowning moment of awesome when his virus is reintroduced to the terrorists' systems, poleaxing them again, this happening in version 3 - more than two years after Jack's death.
- Fred Hughes fighting Cody Jenson with a wrench to keep the rest of his group safe, despite knowing he's outmatched.
- Jeremy Torres and Lucinda Garret having a car chase across the island, complete with music blaring out their radio's as they take shots at each other. It even ends in a spectacular car crash between the two that leaves Lucinda burning as Jeremy takes his own life in defiance of the game.
- Adam Dodd's fights with Cody Jenson and Jacob Starr could count, particularly since they were among Adam's biggest rivals in the game (in the second and first half respectively).
- Specially Adam's last action against Cody:
- Huy Tran taking out Sam Sorenson after he attacks him and his girlfriend Anna.
- Bryan Calvert dropkicking Felix Travertil off a roof, causing him to smash through the skylight of the adjoining antebuilding. Badass? Why yes, yes he is. The incident is famous enough that his handler (the real life Bryan) has a picture of himself dropkicking a tree.
- Darnell Butler laying out 'Boxer' Carvalho, who was more than seven foot tall, and built like a brick wall, in what amounted to one punch. This coming after Darnell just killed three people who attacked him. Beware the Nice Ones indeed...
- For reference, Darnell is a foot shorter and almost one hundred pounds lighter than Boxer.
- Sean O'Cann's very Deadpan Snarker -esque sarcastic comments when cornered inside a room between two of the island's resident murderers: Gabriel Theobaldt and Dominica Sharpiro, are his Moment of Awesome.Sean: You see why I call the guy a lunatic? * he frowns, having been called a ''young virgin metrosexual'* Hey, enough about my sex life: just concede that I have a far higher chance at getting laid than either of you and be done with it. Hell, it would be a minor miracle if Gabriel could meet any woman and spend more than a minute without disembowling her. * He looks at Dominica* And rest assured, I would come up with a suitably witty remark concerning you, however, I have no fucking clue who you are.
- Character Derailment notwithstanding, the SADD vs. Blood Boy (one of the bigger villains of the first half of version 3) fight was one of the most action packed and all-around awesome moments of the third game so far. Read it here (the action starts at around page 4).
- Speaking of SADD, Bobby Jacks' encounter with the group is definitely one of his best moments. Keeping his cool in the face of a giant Mexican Standoff (Bobby vs. Everyone else) Bobby manages to calm down the situation, and when things finally go to hell, both walk out of the fight completely unscathed and kill three people, granting him the distinction of being the only guy to pick a fight with SADD (the largest group in Survival of the Fittest v1-3) and come out on top. The Thread.
- When you finally learn about what happened to the students in V3 that disappeared... Especially Bill's Heroic Sacrifice (along with Darnell Butler, John Sheppard, Jessica Jones and Derrick Taggart). The explosion? That was him destroying the armoury and taking an entire fucking platoon of Danya's soldiers with him. Then comes the final battle on the beach, which ends on a cliffhanger. EPIC.
- The entire fight between Edward Sullivan and J.R. Rizollo.
- Maxie Dasai's murder of Rizzolo in the epilogue.
- It's still early in the game yet, but the entirety of Ethan Kent's Self-Sacrifice Scheme in The House of the Rising Sun definitely sets a solid precedent.Ethan: "If Im going to die, I want to be taken out by the final boss, not by some kid from the chess club. I dont want any of your circuitous bullshit about a classmate killing me. In the end, its you. If you hadnt done this to us, they wouldnt be killing. Even if they kill, its still you in the end. I dont want you to be able to hide behind a scared kid. I want my blood on YOUR hands. I deserve to be killed by you."
- Not to be outdone, his partner Feo Smith gets the rest of the escape group together and manages to send a message out to STAR, and when the area is turned into a dangerzone by the terrorists stays behind to destroy evidence of their work while urging the group to run. Because of this she doesn't make it out.
- Eve Walker-Luther also earned one at the hands of Sarah Atwell. This is when she's being tortured.
- There's also JJ Sturn, who dies ruthlessly beating up his killer, Jimmy Brennan, going so far as to break Jimmy's nose. After being shot in the stomach.
- Anna Chase spends most of her game listening to all her friends dying each day (sometimes even watching them die herself). Come Day 9, she finally finds her only friend left, and said friend is almost about to be killed by new killer Kitty Gittschall. Chase decides she's not going to take it anymore, and finally stops her friend's death by hitting her over the head with a shovel and screaming at her to get out. May not sound as impressive as many other feats, but keep in mind that Chase is a 5-foot-tall girl against a known killer with a gun and a baseball bat.
- Also from the same scene, after hearing the commotion mentioned above? In comes Peter Siu. With a gun. And also bitching out Kitty. At this point Kitty acknowledges she's pretty much trapped if she doesn't leave.
- Kimberly Nguyen fulfilling her promise of taking revenge on Kris Hartmann and stabbing her to death in retaliation for having wounded her in the arm on their first day on the island.
- Somewhat more minor, but Aston Bennett finding Quincy Jones after declaring revenge due to him killing Joshua Krakowski and (with a bit of help from Joe Rios) annihilating him."And who better to null my own pain than the only person I truly hate on this island? You disgust me that much."Her hand strayed purposefully. She fired the gun at Quincy's downed arm, shooting through his elbow."Hand slipped." She said, her face cold and unreadable. "The next one won't miss."
- Dorian getting tired of all the shit that Mr. Danya has put him through and finally switching sides after shooting him in the chest and presumably killing him just as STAR stormed the island and managed to save around thirty kids from the final hundred... which happened to be a moment of awesome in itself.
- No matter how you feel about the mechanics behind it, let's face it; Liz Polanski deactivating her collar using melted aluminum is freaking awesome. To get an idea, it incited a Mass "Oh, Crap!" from the terrorists. Even with what comes after (Danya randomly killing characters and later sending a death squad to the island for both this and her destroying cameras afterwards) it still has that punch.
- Harry Hanley was one of a slew of characters to get inactive killed following the V5 crash. How does he get to go out? By taking out then-top killer Max Sawyer and another murderer in a Dying Moment of Awesome. Not bad for a character with less than ten posts total.
- Sawyer wasn't exactly a slouch himself, coming off killing three people in the space of about five minutes and having it in him to take out both his ambushers before he finally keeled over.
- Hansel Williams's fight with the man who had inadvertently set him on his path to becoming the most prolific killer in V5, Theodore Fletcher. What ensues is a brutal back and forth before Hansel takes out Theo's eyes and smashes his head to pieces with a pipe wrench.
- His later fight with his rival from school, Garret Wilde. Garret had become a player hunter at this point, having taken the life of Jaquilyn Locke earlier. After a brutal fight between the two that callbacks to their pregame together and Garret seeming to be on the cusp of killing him, Andi Victorino comes in for the save.
- His last fight before entering endgame is with Katarina Konipaski, the other highest killer and fresh off her fight with Matt Vartoogian.
- Cass Prince just witnessed the death of Travis Lynch, who kept them company since they first woke up on the island, and is now faced with an utterly remorseless Jerry Fury and his accomplice, who both threaten Cass to give up Trav's belongings or get killed also. They Take a Third Option by punching Jerry right in the face and running off with the supplies, taking a minor injury but otherwise getting away free.
- Isabel Ramirez is not only one of the island's biggest killers, but a Sadist prone to Cold-Blooded Torture. So it's satisfying to see her attacked by at least four different people who want to see her dead, all at once. Cue Isabel going through about as much pain as she inflicted on her victims, until she's left screaming for mercy in her last moments. Might also count as an OOC example for the handlers involved due to a total of 7 people in the thread at once, all posting quickly.
- Kaitlyn Greene decides to play a deadly game within a Deadly Game when her friend Alba Reyes stumbles into the cove to find her. Kaitlyn coerces Alba into trading weapons with her before forcing Alba into a standoff/game of chicken with her while high tide threatens to flood the cove that they are in. What follows is an incredibly tense scene as Alba tries to talk sense into Kaitlyn and Kaitlyn pushes on, the rush of danger and a misguided attempt at coaching Alba into being stronger keeping her going, eventually ending in Alba finding the fortitude to "win" Kaitlyn's game like she wanted her to.