Get some Tropes up IN YO BEAK!Breadwinners
is an animated series on Nickelodeon
that stars two ducks named Sway Sway and Buhdeuce as they deliver bread in their jet-powered Rocket Van
on their home planet of Pondgea, created by former MAD
writers Gary "Doodles" DiRaffale and Steve Borst.
Yeah, it's that kind of show.
It was originally shown as a YouTube
short before Nickelodeon picked it up for a 20-episode first season premiering on February 22nd, 2014.Needs Wiki Magic Love
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Sway Sway and Buhdeuce's robot doubles in "Rocket Trouble".
- All Animals Are Dogs: Jelly, the Breadwinners' pet frog, acts just like a dog.
- Art Evolution: A remake of the original YouTube short was shown on Nick.com, which features an 8-bit effect, more detail to the backgrounds, and improved voice acting.
- Ass Kicks You: "Buh-buh-buh Booty kick!"
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Buhdeuce becomes leader of the biker duck gang by defeating their previous leader.
- Ate the Spoon: In "Brocrastination" when Sway Sway is trying to clean the duo's toxic pile of dirty dishes he tries to clean it with a loofah, which the mass of bacteria around the dishes eats.
- Cool Car: The Rocket Van.
- Dubstep: Features a lot of this.
- Eye Scream: In "Thug Loaf" when Sway Sway is fighting the leader of the biker ducks he kicks himself in the eye.
- In "Rocket Trouble" when Sway Sway asks Buhdeuce what the #1 rule of being a Breadwinner is the latter responds "Never eat your eyeballs?" as he's inexplicably eating his left eye, complete with a visible brain through the socket.
- Food Eats You: The emerald loaf in "The Brave and the Mold", which Sway Sway and Buhdeuce free to eat all the mold on the mine, turns on them and tries to eat them because they're green like mold.
- Funny Animal: The two main characters are ducks.
- Which is strange considering that the other ducks in Pondgea are photorealistic ducks.
- Gasshole: Buhdeuce.
"Once the seal is broken, the fart gates cannot be closed."
- Genre Throwback: Stated to be a return to 90's Nicktoons like The Ren & Stimpy Show and Rocko's Modern Life.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When The Breadmaker expands his chest to prove that "They are bigger or shorter than coconuts" they expand into a size and shape that looks suspiciously like a pair of boobs. It doesn't help that his nipples are showing, too.
- Gone Horribly Right: Ketta's robot doubles of Sway Sway and Buhdeuce eventually try to replace them.
- Here We Go Again: At the end of "Stank Breath" the duo have cured Buhdeuce's breath only for him to eat another bread that gives him horrible gas, which proceeds to form into a fist and punch Sway Sway.
- After learning their lesson about not putting off cleaning the dishes in "Brocrastination", Buhdeuce and Sway Sway put off picking up the dishes after Jelly breaks them all.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Sway Sway and Buhdeuce.
- Idiot Heroes: Though Buhdeuce fits the trope better.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: The boys put off washing the dishes by playing a video game about cleaning dishes. Later, when they have to deal with the bacteria monster, they use the same skills they learned from the video game.
- I Taste Delicious: To get rid of the Emerald Loaf that tries to eat them in "The Brave and the Mold", Sway Sway and Buhdeuce trick it into eating itself, as it seems to feed on anything green.
- It Came from the Fridge: In "Brocrastination" the guys haven't cleaned the dishes in one, two years tops, so long that the bacteria growing on them form a giant Blob Monster.
- Just Whistle: The Breadmaker gives Sway Sway and Buhdeuce a magic toaster that they can use to summon him in an emergency.
- Level Ate: The entire of Pondgea is made of bread. Sway Sway and Buhdeuce mine it from inside the planet like mineral ore.
- Never Say "Die": The most notable change between the original short and the Nick.com remake are some lines Buhdeuce says:
(Original): Does this mean we're gonna crash and burn and die a fiery death?
(Remake): Does this mean we're gonna crash and burn and end up roast meat?
(Original): Yeah! And we didn't even die once!
: Yeah! And we're even still alive still
- Nobody Poops: Averted, according to The Breadmaker after Buhdeuce asks him if he poops.
- Robot Me: In "Rocket Trouble" Ketta makes robots of Sway Sway and Buhdeuce to help them. Naturally, they go HAL 9000 on them.
- Shout-Out: At the beginning of "Stank Breath" there's one to Team Fortress 2 when you can see the skull of an Engineer with a Towering Pillar of Hats, a Mining Light, and a Texas Ten-Gallon and his goggles still on in the dirt above during the first few seconds ◊. Later on there's one to The Lazer Collection when Buhdeuce uses his breath as a weapon against the monsters in the cave.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bread to the citizens of Pondgea.
- Unusual Euphemism: Lots.
Buhdeuce: Oh, bubblenuggets!
- Verbal Tic: Yep! Yep!
- Your Head A Splode: Happens to Buhdeuce after he attempts to comprehend Sway Sway's instructions on how to drive the Rocket Van.
- Also happens when Buhdeuce hears about the Employee of the Month award. Several times, in fact.