"This is the story of a genetically altered oyster who was adopted by his human family along with his shell brother. Now, he must hide his oyster powers. He is 'snot' your average boy, he is BOYSTER!"Boyster is a 2014 French-American animated comedy for Disney XD. The series follows the Slice of Life adventures of mutant mollusk-human hybrid, Boyster, his brother, Shelby, and best friend, Rafik. Like the plot of Sanjay and Craig, Johnny Test, or any other Totally Radical dude bro series, the main lead must hide his oyster DNA from mankind in order to live a normal life, but often uses his powers to solve daily challenges, most of which he starts.The list of characters and episodes list can be found on Wikipedia.
- Abusive Parents: Alicia's. In "Sneezy Art" they bail on their promise to show up for her art exhibition claiming they're busy with important matters when in actuality her mother is sunbathing and her father is playing golf. They only start paying attention to her when her art starts making money.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Since Boyster is part-oyster, he possesses all abilities of the creature. Mostly fabricated, oysters can stretch out to grab food, and do make pearls in their shells.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In "Supermollusc", During a fantasy sequence, Boyster imagines himself being sent to a judge and accused of being totally gross for sweating a fowl stench and sentenced to be banished from town.
- Bad Ass Teacher: Mr. Pluss (AKA: Teachinator).
- Body Horror: Boyster can turn his stomach inside out and push it out of his mouth.
- A Boy and His X: Averted, due to Boyster and Shelby actually being brothers.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Though at first he doesn't seem like a threat, Boyster's abilities do make things a lot easier and could ward off most bullies, if he did not have to hide them.
- Flying Brick: Boyster is this whenever he's flying on Shelby.
- Gotta Have It, Gonna Steal It: When Shelby takes the painting from the museum in "Shelby, the Art Lover".
- Jerkass: Ozzy.
- Making a Splash: Boyster can control streams of water.
- Parental Abandonment: Even though we can clearly see them in the title sequence, Boyster and Shelby's adopted parents have yet to be seen in an episode, leaving one to wonder where they are.
- Rich Bitch: Alicia, though she's not much of it in the first place.
- Sadist Teacher
- Secret Keeper: Rafik.
- Slice of Life
- íThree Amigos!:
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Aside from the ability to stretch and control water, Boyster's ability to make pearls somewhat stands out being the least normal for a superbeing to have. But usually it has its uses.