Written and drawn by Nick Daniel (author of 70-Seas
), Latchkey Kingdom
is a The Legend of Zelda
parody that quickly turns in unique directions. Once again, the cast is comprised completely of furries.
Can be found here
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Badass Grandpa: Willa's grandfather, Sir Dragonfly.
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: The king's assistant, who has to deal with a king who is willing to abdicate his throne to the first man who says he can do a better job.
- Has Two Mommies: Two women each claim the other stole their baby, and demand the king resolve the situation. The new king decides to marry them...to each other.
Baby gets two mommies! Twice as good! Woman 1:
My husband's not gonna like this. Woman 2: I'm afraid mine will
. The Rant:
Gay marriage comes to Hilla, and it's mandatory!
- Heroic Mime: Parodied. Willa got jinxed, and had to retrieve a potion from a dungeon before she could speak again. No, it wasn't a magical jinx, it was just two kids screwing around. But even in normal times, she doesn't talk much, see Terse Talker below.
- Judgment of Solomon: With an unorthodox solution (two if you count the abdication).
- Oh Crap: Yeah, the Capra Demon is exactly like this.
- Stop Helping Me!: In-Universe, Zander "helping" Willa has only led to disaster so far.
- Terse Talker: Willa, leading to some characters calling her mute, either seriously or in jest.