Webcomic: Latchkey Kingdom
Written and drawn by Nick Daniel, set in the world of his previous comic 70-Seas on one of the sailing islands, Latchkey Kingdom is a parody of The Legend of Zelda that quickly turns in unique directions. Once again, the cast is comprised completely of furries.Can be found here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Badass Grandpa: Willa's grandfather, Sir Dragonfly.
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: The king's assistant, who has to deal with a king who is willing to abdicate his throne to the first man who says he can do a better job.
- Evil Princess: Princess Rosaline attempted Inheritance Murder, poisoning her parents into a coma, for the crime of trying to conceive a male heir.
- Has Two Mommies: Two women each claim the other stole their baby, and demand the king resolve the situation. The new king decides to marry them...to each other.
- Heroic Mime: Parodied. Willa got jinxed, and had to retrieve a potion from a dungeon before she could speak again. No, it wasn't a magical jinx, it was just two kids screwing around. But even in normal times, she doesn't talk much, see Terse Talker below.
- Judgment of Solomon: With an unorthodox solution (two if you count the abdication).
- Oh, Crap: Yeah, the Capra Demon is exactly like this.
- Unwanted Assistance: Zander "helping" Willa has only led to disaster so far.
- Terse Talker: Willa, leading to some characters calling her mute, either seriously or in jest.