Video Game: Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
After the successes of X-Men vs. Street Fighter
and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
, Capcom would bring out Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
in 1998. The game's setting is based on the Onslaught
storyline, with Professor Xavier calling for help from within the Capcom universe.MvC
was mostly the same as its predecessors, with the addition of an extra Duo Team Attack mode where teammates would join together to beat down their opponent at the same time. Aside from the normal roster, the game also featured several random assist partners
— characters from both Marvel and Capcom's stables who could be called on for supporting attacks.
Followed up in 2000 by Marvel vs. Capcom 2
In 2012, the game was re-released for PlayStation Network
and Xbox LIVE Arcade
with Marvel Super Heroes
in Marvel vs. Capcom Origins
- Returning from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter: Ryu, Chun-Li and Zangief.
- Newcomers: Mega Man, Morrigan, Strider Hiryu, Jin Saotome, and Captain Commando.
- Assist Characters: Anita, Arthur, Charlie, Devilotte, Lou, Michelle Heart, Pure & Fur, Saki, Ton Pooh and Unknown Soldier 1P.
- Returning from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter: Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk.
- Returning from X-Men vs. Street Fighter: Gambit
- Newcomers: War Machine and Venom.
- Assist Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Iceman, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Magneto, The Mighty Thor, Psylocke, Rogue, Sentinel, Storm, U.S. Agent.
- Final Boss: Onslaught.
This game shows examples of: