- At some point in Hell, Goku goes back, only to find out the Ginyu Force, Frieza, and Cell are trying to break out. After getting their asses kicked, again...
Cell: This stinks.
King Cold: They could at least let us take showers...
Recoome: ...Does anybody wanna arm wrestle?
Everyone: SHUT UP!
- Then the screaming starts.
- Although the Afterlife Tournament was a filler arc, it took advantage of the downtime between the Cell and Great Saiyaman/Majin Buu arcs to get back to the action comedy that was Dragon Ball's original appeal. This peaked at the (extremely short) tournament battle between fighters Tapikar and Torbie:
Tapikar: "Haah... haah... I'm tired... I give up."
- MEXICAN FACEFAULT!
- Its also worth noting that the only two people who were still standing were West and North Kai.
- Goku's first match in the Otherworld Tournament literally involves him being tickle tortured in front of millions of flabbergasted people and fighters, Olibu's line sums up the fight. "South Quadrant must be a VERY peaceful place..."
- Gohan Goes to High School is incredibly hilarious, from the fact that Gohan doesn't KNOW how to be normal to him FLYING up in the air in baseball to catch the ball and realizing everyone's looking at him to the fact that Videl is stalking him like crazy and how much like his father he is. The whole episode is a huge Crowning Moment of Funny. Special mention goes to the scene where Gohan flips out on people who misinterpret the Great Saiyaman and call it Great Singing man. "IT'S GREAT SAIYAMAN!"
Erasa: So, where do you live, anyway?
Gohan: The 439 Mountain Area. It's kind of remote...
Erasa: THE 439 MOUNTAIN AREA!? How in the world do you get here? That's got to be a four or five hour drive!
Gohan: Uhhh... that's just how dedicated I am to my education! (in thought) I can't believe I just said that!
- When Gohan becomes the Great Saiyaman and fails to realize how ridiculous his costume is.
Piccolo: What is the meaning of those ridiculous clothes?
Gohan: Ah, you just don't know style!
- And later, Goku mocks it.
- Later, as Gohan is on his way toward Roshi's island, he wonders to himself "Of all people, Piccolo. I mean, who is he to talk, he wears a turban for heaven's sake! And then there's those pointy little booties and who knows what thing is on his shoulders... Huh, come to think of it, I used to dress just like him."
- Gohan doing his Saiyaman intro to a pair of random criminals, who promptly mock him saying his intro is stupid. Gohan gets pissed off and stomps a hole in the street telling them he worked really hard on that, so they both agree that it was really cool.
- Goten, the Super Saiyan who can't fly.
- Gohan tries teaching Videl the concept of ki. When she doesn't get it, Goten helps clarify things.
- Chichi meets Videl. It goes about as well as you'd expect, with Chichi acusing Videl of being a hussy trying to steal her son and Videl trying to defend herself. It eventually regreeses into Chichi sticking her tounge out while Videl bares her teeth at her. But it speaks for itself really.
- Then she finds out her family's rich, and suddenly she's a Shipper on Deck.
- When (kid) Trunks reveals to Vegeta that he can turn Super Saiyan.
Vegeta: (stunned, watching Trunks zoom around) Did... I miss something? When was it that the pride of the Saiyan race was reduced to a child's plaything!? *orders Trunks to stop* Tell me, can the youngest child of Kakarot do this as well?
Trunks: Yeah, we do it all the time!
Vegeta: (in thought) Yes, naturally, it's a Super Saiyan bargain sale!
- Another notable moment occurs after Vegeta learns that (kid) Trunks can go Super Saiyan.
Vegeta: If you can land a punch on my face, then I'll take you to the park for an hour.
Trunks: Wow! You mean it? Okay!
* Trunks attacks Vegeta and manages to land a hit on his face, then Vegeta reacts by punching Trunks in the face by accident*
Trunks: *crying* You didn't say you were gonna hit back, Daaad...
Vegeta: Well I never said I wouldn't hit you now did I, Trunks?
Trunks: Noooo... but...
Vegeta: Dry your tears! We're going to the park now!
Trunks: *Trunks brightens up instantly" Yeah!
- 18's first time participating in a tournament:
Announcer: Number Eighteen. Uhh, is that your real name?
Android 18: My father was a little dull.
- During DBZ's World Tournament arc when Vegeta not only says his 8-year-old son will easily beat Hercule, but he then procededs to really rip into him. Right in front of Videl. So Gohan attempts the most awkward cover up of all time. See for yourself.
- The eating scene during the tournament saga:
Piccolo: You know, I... don't think I'll ever get used to this...
- From the DBZ World tournament arc, there is the re-enactment of the Cell Games, from the spoof Toei Video Ident ("*Waves and rocks!* This show is brought to you by waves and rocks...") to the speed racer speech that everyone was assigned.
- During the 25th Budokai, Videl has been keeping her ability to fly from her father. When he finally does witness her flying, he completely freaks out. A nearby Tournament official merely looks at him and says "So she can fly. What's the big deal?"
- Another one from the tournament is the the Goten and Trunks' response to their ruse being revealed.
: Hey! The two of you can't fight together! You're disqualified! Do you hear me? Goten
: Uh-uh. I think we're in trouble. Trunks
: Me too. Should we go? Goten
: Uh-huh. Trunks
: Your tournament was stupid!
- While the Supreme Kai is giving his exposition dump on Majin Buu, this happens:
Vegeta (in thought): Sounds like this Majin Buu would have made a decent Saiyan!
Supreme Kai (out loud): No, you're wrong, Vegeta.
Supreme Kai: He would have wiped out your entire Saiyan race with a breath, just as he had so many others.
Vegeta (in thought): Why didn't someone tell me he could read minds!
- During the grand entrance of the Super Saiyan 3, Goku starts playing paddle-ball with Buu's head tentacle.
- During SSJ3 Goku's fight with Kid Buu, Buu bites Goku's arm, and Goku retaliates by biting his head tentacle. It's their expressions that really clinch it.
- The scene where Babidi gets blown to pieces. "Buu no help you, Buu no help!"
- When the Old Supreme Kai shows up, Goku doesn't believe his power and tries to test it with a small ki blast. The results were the same when Krillin and Chi-Chi tried testing someone's powers.
- Goku's attempts to pimp out Bulma. And Vegeta's reaction.
Vegeta: You idiot! How could you!? Don't you have any sense at all!? Let him kiss your woman!
- "Gotenks Is Born", the whole damn episode. But it's these particularly hilarious gems from the episode that stick out the most:
- Goten and Trunk performing the Fusion Dance incorrectly in their first attempt and the result is Gotenks becoming obese. The Z-Fighters facial reactions to the botched fusion are priceless.
- Fat Gotenks then tries a "speed run" and only to move a few small steps forward before simply running in place and eventually running out of breath.
- The Z-Figters reaction to Goten and Trunks performing the Fusion Dance incorrectly, again, and as s result produce a very skinny and bony form:
Chi Chi: Oh no! I can't love that!
- Gotenks fight with Majin Buu gives us this beauty:
Majin Buu: Mean boy called Buu "fat". Buu blow steam!
Piccolo: From now on, we do things my way! Tomorrow, you are going to fight Buu as a Super Saiyan and until then, we train! Understood, Trunkten!?
Mister Popo: Actually, it's Gotenks...
Mister Popo: His name. It's...uh...Gotenks...
: His name is mud
as far as I'm concerned!
- In the Close Captioning for that episode it was spelled as Mudd. Which makes it doubly funny as it brings to mind a certain Loony Tunes Bugs Bunny Episode ending joke...
- Chi Chi spanks Goten for recklessly rushing into battle with Buu (while fused with Trunks as Gotenks). Hilarity Ensues.
- Goten and Trunks peeing behind a rock.
- The Fusion Dance is pretty ridiculous. What makes it hilarious is how cool and awesome Goku thinks it looks. Everyone else is just dumbfounded and Piccolo is horrified that he has to do it
Piccolo: There's no way you'd have gotten Vegeta to do this...
- During the fight between Gotenks and Super Buu, Gotenks is being awesome and showy and taking four hours to power up and call his attacks... until Piccolo, sweatdropping hard, points to Buu, who is obliviously reading a magazine and drinking a fruity soda. Gotenks is pissed and yells at him to get up and fight. Buu replies "Why should I?" and reluctantly does so, still enjoying his drink.
- Super Buu's first reaction to finding out that he, Gotenks and Piccolo are all trapped in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
: Huh?! But how do we eat candy?! Piccolo
: We don't. There's none here! Buu
: NONE?! NO ICE CREAM!? NO-NO CHOCOLATE!?!? Piccolo
: *grinning* "Nothing. All gone. Buu
- Vegito. Just... Vegito. He has wit that would rival Spider-Man. Then there's the entire jawbreaker scene, and when Buu uses the Ghost Kamikaze Attack...
Buu: It's not going to be the same as before!
Vegito: Ohhhh! Yeah, I see you have a bigger litter this time.
- This exchange after Vegeta and Goku escape from Super Buu's body, and everyone they rescued start popping back to regular size.
Goku: Look Vegeta, people popcorn!
Vegeta: ...What is he on...?
- "The Innards of Buu" in its entirety.
Vegeta: Use your instincts, Kakarot, left or right?
Goku: Hm. I'd have to say... left!
Vegeta: Good. Then I'm going right!
Goku: Open Sesame!
Vegeta: *looks at Goku and grunts in iritation*
- Dabura after he's dead is one of the most hilarious characters in the franchise: during his life he was the King of Demons, with all the evilness that implies. After dying, he's admitted into Heaven because "he would have enjoyed Hell". We later see him wandering around with Chichi, Videl, and Bulma acting like a complete Love Freak. Yes. The former King of Demons as a Love Freak!
- This scene during the Buu saga, in which Buu falls for a girl and decides to make himself look pretty to her. He looks into a nearby magazine and sees a picture of a "pretty boy" and changes his face into the one from the magazine, while saying "Baby!" in an Elvis-esque voice.
: Hello girl! You think Buu sexy? Girl
: (terrified) Wha?! Yes, I... think you're very, very sexy! Buu
: Yay, then give Buu smooch! *extends his lips* Girl
: *screams in horror* Buu
: Why you teasing Buu?! You play with Buu's feelings! *sees magazine* Hmm, what this? So Earth girls like boys look like this, huh? How Buu supposed to live up to body image in magazine!?
Oh, Buu know!
Buu rearranges his face to be pretty, girl reacts in horror. Buu
: (Elvis-like voice) You girls don't know what you want!
- The entirety of "Celebrations with Majin Buu" is pretty much an episode of True Life with Fat Buu. And it is hilarious.
- MTV Cribs: Majin Buu edition
- Mr Buu (Good Buu) after Earth's memories of Majin Buu are erased being able to freely walk around. He tries to get ice cream and doesn't realize he needs money and winds up in a street fight and is told that if he wins, he gets to keep the money. The guy he's fighting just punches his stomach like crazy while Buu just happily says "Money, ice cream!" repeatedly until he finally notices he's being punched and lightly taps the guy into a wall.
- Afterwards he goes back to the ice cream store and doesn't realize he gets change, but he insists they keep it because he wants ice cream.
- Gohan and Videl fighting crime together. They show up at a jewelry store robbery in those ridiculous Saiyaman outfits and strike a pose more appropriate to the Ginyu Force. It's made even funnier by the fact that the bad guys surrender immediately because Majin Buu had just demonstrated himself to be Immune to Bullets. Gohan and Videl have no idea why the criminals are surrendering before they beat anyone up.
- Goku looking after a dinosaur family whose about to have eggs. He ends up stopping two dinosaurs from fighting by picking them up and flying them to another part of the mountain and dropping them there and the dinosaurs' reactions are a Flat "What.".
- After defeating Majin Buu, Goku takes a relaxing bath with Goten and Trunks. Then this happens.
- During the final Tournament, a young man heckles Vegeta. It ends about as well as you'd expect.
- Goku making fun of Uub and taunting him to get him to fight without hesitation, since he was so nervous. It worked magnificently.
- Pan vs Wild Tiger. In short, Pan bitch-slapped Wild Tiger and kicked him out of the ring. It was hilarious to see Pan going around saying "number 1" again and again, and then taking down her opponent in two attacks.