The original manga:
open/close all folders
Pilaf / Goku Saga
- There are a lot of CMOF in the first story arc, which makes sense since Dragon Ball was originally a gag manga. To name a few:
Goku: I don't want to feel your dirty butt.
- Goku and Bulma's first meeting. Bulma hits Goku with a car, sending him flying several feet into a tree. Goku gets up unharm and bench lifts her car and throws it. Bulma gets out of the car and Goku thinks she's a monster and Bulma shots him several times. That's right, in their first meeting Bulma kills Goku twice.
- Later at Goku's house Bulma tries to convince Goku to part with his 4-star ball by allowing him to feel on her. Keep in mind, Goku is 12.
Bulma: They're called Dragon Balls!Goku: You mean some poor dragon-Bulma: No! Not that kind!
- Also from the very first episode.
Pterodactyl: Hey, don't be such a downer, baby! I'm in the mood for a Happy Meal!
- This line from the dub, when a Pterodactyl makes off with Bulma with the intent of making her dinner.
- Just before that, he tells Goku that they have dinner reservations and then ties him up. Goku's first musing?
Goku: Oh, no! That guy is trapped, and he's trying to break the glass by playing that horrible music!
- Goku discovering television for the first time.
Oolong: What are you, brain dead!?
- Add the time when child Goku tries to have a bath with Bulma. Even funnier, Goku didn't even know what a bath was at that point.
- Bulma's earlier freakout about Goku's tail being real. She thought it was fake up to that point.
- And later that episode when Goku takes off Bulma's panties and discovers that her "balls" are missing.
- And that's just the set-up for a gag later on. When they meet Roshi and discover he has a Dragon Ball, he says he'll only give it up if Bulma shows him her panties. Bulma reluctantly agrees and lifts her gown, not realizing she's not wearing anything underneath. It's not until later when they get back to the capsule house that Bulma finds her panties on the floor and has an epic meltdown.
- The eternal phoenix....dies from food poisoning.
- Bulma trying to ride the Flying Nimbus after Goku warned her that only a good person could ride it. She fell right through.
- Goku getting hit on the head with a hatchet causing a giant bump to form. Then, Bulma plan to lure Oolong out by dressing Goku as a girl. Yes, she got Goku into a dress and he's not happy.
- Oolong hitting on a disguise Goku and him turning into a handsome young man (he was originally a ogre), which immediately gets Bulma to come out of hiding so she could flirt with him. While Oolong is distracted by Bulma, Goku sneaks away to pee. Oolong sees him and freaks out that Goku's a boy. Goku is bewilder by how Oolong finds this out. He thinks his tail gave him away.
- Oolong trying to get Bulma to wear him after turning into panties. She reacted the way you expect.
- Goku asking Oolong, a pig, does he like bacon when he was about to hunt for food.
Yamcha: Not-Dragon-Balls — Definitely-Not-Dragon-Balls...
- Goku poking Yamcha in the eyes and then slapping him across the screen. Made funnier in the manga since Yamcha literally broke the forth wall.
- And when Yamcha, who was in the worst stage of his fear of women, sees Bulma naked. His face is priceless.
- "M-m-m-Mounds... Mounds... M-Mounds..."
- The Blue Water dub (the one that aired in Canada) had a very funny version too:
- In their rematch, Goku knocks Yamcha's tooth out, much to his horror.
- Chi Chi pushing Goku off the Flying Nimbus after he kicked her in the crotch to confirm her sex.
- When Chi Chi first meets Master Roshi, she can't believe such a pervy geezer could possibly be the Master Roshi, so she decides to test him by throwing her helmet blade at him. He fails, but convinces her by showing his drivers license. For the rest of the mini-arc, Roshi wears a giant band-aid on his head.
- In order to fly from his "Far Side" Island to Frypan Mountain, Master Roshi rides a spinning creature called Baby Gamera. In the manga, when he finally arrives, he starts throwing up from all of that spinning!
Goku: Hey, you better change her back or I'm going to whack you again.Boss Rabbit: Whack me again?Goku: Yeah, whack you again.
- Roshi blows up the mountain he was supposed to save with his Kamehameha. Everyone have to point out to him that the mountain is gone.
- Oolong allowing Master Roshi to put his face into his breasts as a transformed Bulma.
- Boss Rabbit's car.
- Bulma being turned into a carrot and Goku monologs about not liking carrots.
- Even more hilarious once Goku is revealed as a Saiyan as Goku's real name Kakarrot is a pun on Carrot.
- This exchange between Goku and Boss Rabbit after Goku hit him with his Power Pole:
*Beat**Pilaf and Shu look at Mai, then Pilaf looks away*Pilaf: "We do not appreciate that sort of humor."Mai: I'm sorry, sir. (Holds up some poop on a stick)Pilaf: Or Dr. Slump references! After all, some manga artists strive to make their work dignified! If you think we're going to pander to our audience's love of pee-pee kaka humor simply to boost the sales of this Dragon Ball comic, you are sorely mistaken!
- The group being lured into a trap by following arrows painted on the floor. Even Pilaf's group is surprised that they were so dumb.
- When Pilaf's group realizes that one of our heroes has the last Dragon Ball, Pilaf wonders where it is.
Bulma: What do we do...?!! I didn't bring any sun block! Oh, my complexion!!Oolong: You're not gonna die quietly, are ya.
- Pilaf's 'torture' of a captured Bulma: he threw a kiss to her, and then blushed. While his gang and Yamcha treated it as a rape attempt.
- After realizing they were serious, Bulma explains what she expected him to do, promptly horrifying Pilaf and his assistants for even thinking about such things.
- When Pilaf has captured the heroes in the first Dragon Ball hunt, he has their cell gassed to knock them out. He then comes in to gloat... and passes out himself.
- When Pilaf has Goku and company imprisoned, he reveals that their cell's glass roof is to slowly roast them in the hot sun.
"You slept through your house being destroyed? What are you made of?"
- When Goku is telling Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong, and Puar about the monster that killed his grandfather, along with destroying the surrounding landscape, he's asked what kind of monster it was. Goku replies that he didn't see it, as he was asleep at the time. Oolong's response is hilarious.
- This is more of a Hilarious in Hindsight sort of thing, but after Goku transforms back to normal...we have this:
Oolong: "So what's the deal? Is Goku some kind of alien?"
- Goku eating all the food in Roshi's refrigerator when he made the mistake of telling Goku to help himself since he was busy watching one of his videos.
- Goku's efforts to find Master Roshi a girl and Krillin grand entrance.
- When Krillin tries to ride on the Flying Nimbus and falls through, Roshi figures his new pupil was holding out on him. As it turns out, Krillin came to the island with a veritable collection of smutty magazines (plus one gay magazine).
- Goku telling Krillin how he figures out who's a boy and girl. Krillin quickly tells Goku that he's a boy.
- The first time Launch transformed into her bad side in front of the group she pumped Goku, Krillin, and Master Roshi full of lead.
- After a while of seeing Launch tranforming into a gun-toting blonde psychopath at every sneeze, Roshi and Krillin start reacting with terror to any sneeze. Them having this reaction to Goku becomes much funnier after he first becomes a Super Saiyan.
- Goku and Krillin trying to dodge a swarm of bees and out-swim sharks during their training. Not to mention the milk run from hell and all the rest.
- Special mention to the time when Goku protests over this kind of training and asks Roshi why won't he train them in fighting techniques. Roshi counters that he'll teach them when they have enough strength to move a large boulder, and to prove his point, he pushes it a bit, with a huge effort. Goku then goes off to move a similar one, and when Roshi tells him to stop or he'll get hurt, he easily pushes it a few good feet. Krillin even comments "He's definitely NOT human!" which makes it even more Hilarious in Hindsight because years later he turns out to be right.
- The sorting:
Ranfan: "I don't have those."*The announcer has a Face Fault*
- Everyone's waiting for the announcer when Bacterian and his horrible stench show up, forcing everyone to block their noses.
- Jackie Chun demanding to fight with Ranfan, and the announcer's annoyance.
- The contestant draw without much trouble... Then it comes Bacterian's turn, and after it the announcer's trying not to puke while shielding his nose with a napkin.
- Everyone's pitying faces when Krillin draws the number 2, as it means he'll have to face Bacterian, and his orrified reaction when he realizes it.
- The announcer calling for a Mago Gosora, who doesn't come to draw. Turns out he read Goku's name wrong. Cue Luminescent Blush.
- After the matches have been decided, the announcer reminds everyone the rules, and is forced to explain Goku that the 'vital areas' that is forbidden to strike is, in his own words, the balls.
- And to conclude... Goku demanding a lunch and terrifying the cooking monks.
- Before the tournament starts, the chief priest of the martial arts temple, a dog, gives a few words to the public:
Chief priest: "Woff!"Announcer: "Thank you."*general Face Fault in the public*
- Krillin is able to fight the legendarily stinky Bacterian opponent unhindered because he was drawn without a nose. What makes it even better is that Krillin was losing before Goku pointed this out to him.
Oolong: Smells like we got here just in time.
- And then defeats him by farting in his face.
- The announcer and several monks wearing gas masks throughout the entire fight and people cheering Krillin on so they could get that guy off the stage. And when Bacterian's defeated, the monks waste no time cleaning everything an spraying perfumes.
Paur: It smells like we should have been late!
- Yamcha's attempts at exposing Jackie Chun as Muten Roshi.
- Before Namu's fight with Ranfan, Goku finds a giant plate of meat that Giran is eating from and decides to help himself. Giran starts eating more quickly, and he and Goku basically race to see who can eat the meat more quickly before Goku swipes it to offer some to a hungry Namu.
- Namu's fight with Ranfan. Buddhist monk versus fan-service.
- And at the end, Jackie Chun takes the chance and feels up the fainted Ranfan.
- When Goku and Giran are about to start their match a downpour starts coming down, resulting in a rain break... And Goku and Giran facing each other in fighting poses for a while.
- From the dub: Giran storms into a bar, giving everyone present pause, and marches up to the bartender and asks: "Got Milk?"
- After the rain break ended and Goku doesn't show up, the other contestants start looking for him. He was... Taking a nap under a tree, causing Krillin and Yamcha to fall down, while Chun flying, with Ranfan looking. Then at the tournament stage, the reason why he wasn't there immediately:
Goku: (happily) I was taking a nap.*The audience Face Fault when they find out he was serious.*
- In the anime, when the match officially begins, the audience goes from Face Faulting back to cheering on the fighters in an instant.
- Giran calling foul on Goku when the latter avoids a ring out with the Nimbus... And being in the right.
- The reaction of those who have seen the Great Ape when Goku's tail regrows, and Giran's face when he sees Goku hanging from his arm with said tail.
- After freeing himself of the Merry-Go-Round Gum and seeing he was back at full strength by kicking down a wall, Goku prepares to fight Giran... Who produces a white flag and forfeits.
- Right before Krillin match against Jackie Chun, the announcer interviews both Turtle School kids. Afterwards, Chun wants an interview too, but the announcer refuses. So Chun takes his microphone and sings, with Goku dancing along. Watch here.
- Also, the interview itself due Goku's naivety. When asked if his tail is real, he pulls down his pants and moons the audience to show, yes, he does have a monkey-tail growing out of his butt!
- Krillin and Jackie Chun going over step-by-step what happened during a fight sequence that was too fast for the announcer to see.
- While fighting Nam, Goku improvises a new technique that works by spinning so fast that Nam couldn't see the punches coming. Nam is forced on the edge on the ring, Goku comes close... Then stops and falls down due the dizzyness from spinning so fast. And Nam's nearly loses due the Face Fault nearly making him fall out of the ring.
- Namu's face when Goku recovers from his strongest attack, and his reactions in general.
- Before the finals, the announcer tries to interview both Goku and Jackie Chun. Goku gives him a pragmatic answer, and Jackie... Is sleeping while standing..
- Every time Jackie slips hints that he's actually Muten Roshi, and his justifications for what he just blurted out.
- Finally, Goku figures it out: he's one of Roshi's relatives... And Jackie Chun produces a genealogic tree to prove it.
- "I'll have to think a strategy during the commercial!"
- Jackie Chun's version of the Drunken Fist.
- The hypnotic lullaby, the announcer taking exception to it, and Bulma awakening Goku by telling him it was dinner time.
- After Jackie Chun blows up the Moon, the announcer calls him out... Because now they won't be able to eat dumpling while watching it anymore and other lesser things.
- One of the problems the announcer calls Jackie Chun out for is that werewolves won't be able to transform anymore. In the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai, Man-Wolf the reverse werewolf is out for Jackie Chun's blood because without the Moon he can't transform in a man anymore.
- Some of the reactions at Goku being naked.
- Jackie avoiding a ring-out... By kicking his foot in the edge of the ring. He then almost tripped and fell out by his own while climbing back on the ring.
- Every time Jackie slips hints that he's actually Muten Roshi, and his justifications for what he just blurted out.
- After the tournament Roshi offered to treat everyone to dinner. Unfortunately for Roshi, Goku is hungrier than usual after his four hour fight and eats the entire restaurant out of food and he still wasn't full. By the end, Roshi spends almost his entire prize money feeding Goku.
Narrator: Looks like Goku got to spend the prize money after all.
Red Ribbon Army Saga
- Namu trying his Tenku Pekeji Ken on a flying opponent.
- In the same episode, Namu's face when dealing with Goku's antics. Especially his Luminescent Blush when Goku verifies he's the first man who can ride the Kinto Un.
- Pilaf PTSD every time he sees Goku.
- Pilaf opening a window in his flying fortress, while it's still in flight.
- Goku blackmailing Pilaf to give him the 4-Star Ball (which was fake) by not helping him when he was falling to his death.
- Chi-Chi and Goku's second reunion. Chi-Chi is happy to see Goku and Goku doesn't really care. Best part, when talking about getting married Goku asked what she's talking about only for Chi-Chi to say that he knows, but teasing and accidentally sends him flying into a tree when she slaps him.
- While Goku is going north searching for a Dragon Ball he starts complaining it's too cold, and the robot piloting the plane he's on declares his superiority to Humans as robot don't feel cold... Until he's too frozen to continue working.
- Suno's reaction when Goku tells her of the Dragon Balls, how they can summon a wish-granting dragon... And Oolong wished for lingerie.
- Goku 'hiding' from Red Ribbon Army soldiers in the bathroom. He gave himself away by flushing the toilet and the soldiers filled the bathroom with machine gun bullets. Goku is stun, but walks out and asked if one of the soldiers was Suno's dad.
- Goku leaves Suno's house to beat up White's army and rescue the village chief... Then runs back because it's too cold.
- Goku versus Metallic. Metallic, the first robotic warrior of the Red Ribbon, is somewhat stronger than Goku and just won't stop even after losing his head to a Kamehameha, Goku is in trouble... And then Metallic stops. Turns out they hadn't recharged it since last spring...
- During Ninja Murasaki's fight with Goku, he leaps into the air, but landed his ass on Goku's carefully positioned Nyoibo. His painful reaction: PRICELESS!!!
Goku: Now we both have a tail!
- The entire 'fight' with Murasaki was him being Goku's plaything for several episodes. Goku could have literally ended the fight at anytime, but he was having too much fun to bother.
- White's commentary. Including such things as pointing out that Murasaki may have formidable ninja skills (and he does have them) but is also an idiot.
- When he's dropped into Buyon's den, Goku does a backflip and lands on his feet... Then Eighter crashes on him.
- Anime only: after the fall of Muscle Tower, Murasaki is stalking Goku, using his tree camuflage (correctly, this time) to avoid detection. Goku falls for it... And takes a leak on him. This is only the start of his newest series of disgraces, that include:
- falling in a frozen lake due landing on a place where Eighter had damaged the ice. He nearly drowns to avoid detection;
- tripping and falling down a mountain, becoming a giant snowball in the process and continuing his descent until he hits a tree;
- he steals Goku's knapsack, and Goku, unable to reach him due the ninja's snowmobile, fires a Kamehameha. He misses, but causes an avalance that buries Murasaki, allowing Goku to recover his lunch (he had left the Dragon Balls at Suno's house);
- after coming out of the snow, Murasaki swears revenge... Then the bomb that used to be on Eighter's heart lands on his face, courtesy of Goku throwing it in a random direction, and explodes. At least it was the end of his suffering...
- Goku's city adventure:
"Dad takes in lots of abandoned cats, dogs and dinosaurs from all over."
- When Goku arrives, he proves he does not belong there: he gets lost, takes a cab but has no money to pay for it, doesn't understand that people don't know everyone despite living in the same place, gets a load of money by defeating a Bruce Lee Clone who was offering it to anyone who could defeat him (and ends up soiling himself), some losers try to rob him, and finally he gives a bunch a money to a random stranger for giving him information-namely, that he should ask a cop.
- Metro West has three persons named Bulma. That is, named after the bloomers.
- That poor cop and Goku being exposed to Bulma's house. Especially the pets.
"R-Rich people make no sense at all..."
- Bulma's mom stepping on Bulma when she was showing Goku her shrink watch. By the Dull Surprise reaction from everyone, except Goku, this isn't unusual.
- The cop's reaction to the Kinto Un and Bulma shrinking herself before they both fly away riding a cloud:
- The cop then rides away on the scooter that has just been fixed by Bulma's father... Except it had been fixed too well, and is now incredibly fast. Hilarity and Crash Ensue.
Park worker: "Tickets, please."Goku: "Oh, so you are Tickets? I'm Goku! Nice to meet you!"
- At the amusement park:
- Master Thief Husky was hired by the Red Ribbon to steal Goku's two Dragon Balls. Posing as a fortune teller, she mentions he has two balls inside his clothes, and asks to see them. Come on, guess what balls Goku shows her...
- Vs. Blue:
Goku: This is weird... they're all naked, even though they aren't taking baths...Bulma: KIDS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT THESE!!!
- When Goku goes underwater to search for a Dragon Ball, Bulma pulls out the capsule case and notices there's only one capsule in there, and Bulma realizes she took her dad's case. She decides to have a little faith in her dad and throws the capsule… but out pops a ton of porn. Goku thinks its weird how all these people have their clothes off even though they're not taking baths, and she yells that kids aren't supposed to look at that. She then tears up all the magazines.
Captain Dark: Tear the house apart! I want those Dragon Balls!Master Roshi: And I can see why. You're obviously lacking in the ball department.
- When Bulma has a run-in with a couple mooks, they propose her to do something fun. Realizing what they mean, Bulma tries to gain time for Goku to return by listing a few things that could be fun, such as hide-and-seek, video games, and then, when she has nothing else to list: "Something really perverted that you can't do in a gag anime meant for good boys and girls... ?!"
- Bulma tricking the two mooks down a cliff... And them accidentally climbing on the other side.
- Master Roshi using Bulma's shrinking watch to spy on the girls:
- First time it's on Bulma herself, who's on the toilet. He arrives when she had finished and on top of that, falling into the toilet as Bulma flushed it. Needless to say, he stank very strongly after that.
- Second attempt is on Lunch, who he tells to take a shower before preceeding her in the bathroom. She instead decides to vacuum it, catching him as well as the dust.
- The third time he prepares Lunch a hot bath, and goes to convince her. Except she's cooking and has pepper in her hand, and his attempt at convincing her leads to her getting a nose-full of pepper. A sneeze later, he has to cook up a ridiculous story that finally gets him on the Blonde Lunch's less evil side and even to massage her shoulders... Then he tries to massage her front. After that he has to cook for her, but he's a Cordon Bleugh Chef, and by the time Lunch sneezes again and he can try again to get her to take that bath the Red Ribbon attacks.
- When some mooks are sent to Kame House to get the Dragon Balls...
- In general, the confront between Roshi and Lunch not taking the Red Ribbon seriously and Dark growing more pissed off at every word. Right up until Roshi decides he has enough and beats them up.
- The last soldier standing was keeping Lunch hostage, and seemed about to force Roshi to surrender... Then Kame holds some leaves near her nose, and she uses them to sneeze. And he insults her for sneezing at such a moment. Roshi had to save him from Bad Launch's No-Holds-Barred Beatdown...
- And the final punchline: Roshi forcing the first recovering soldier to take away his companions.
Goku: "This isn't bad. It taste a little like chicken."
- While the group is walking in a dark cave, Bulma tells Krilin to go first and light the way with his bald head.
- The portrait of Red and Black, with their respective sizes swapped
- Goku frying a giant octopus with his Kamehameha and then casually eating it.
Commander Red: "Do you have any idea who I am?!"
- Bulma seeing Blue for the first time, falling for him... And then dry-humping him. No wonder Blue was grossed out...
- Later, after Krillin was defeated, she tried to seduce him. After that obviously failed due conflicting sexual preferences, she claimed she was a guy.
- Blue's freakout at Krillin kicking him in the face.
- The terrified soldier who decided to disguise himself as supplies to not get beat up by Goku, Krillin and Bulma when they came for food at Blue's base. Then Commander Red called... And Goku answered while believing it was the radio that was talking (he didn't know about radios yet).
*Beat. Red and Black have priceless looks*
Commander Red: "RED! COMMANDER RED!"
Goku: "You yell too much! Jerk!"
*Goku 'punches out' the radio*
- The Dr. Slump crossover. For Goku and General Blue it is like they entered Cloudcuckooland with all the bizarre stuff happening around them. By the end Goku had taken a 'abandon all logic' kind of mentality from the whole thing.
- Blue taking Arale hostage... And wondering why her family isn't taking him seriously, with Senbei being worried for him. Then he tries to kill Goku... And Senbei tells Arale to play a rough game of pro-wrestling with him. He got knocked all the way to Egypt...
- And while the above happened... The local police, freaking out about the Red Ribbon being in town, stumbles on Nikochan and mistake his spaceship for the Red Ribbon.
- Vs. Tao Pai Pai:
- Tao's shirt, with the kanji for "kill" on the front and the writing "Kill You" on the back.
- Tao offering discounts to celebrate 25 years of being an assassin... And Red's WTF face when he's told that.
- Japanese only: when Tao goes to town to replace the clothes destroyed by Goku, most are terrified by him… Except the two drunkards who haven't recognized him and try and pick a fight with him, and, when told it's Tao Pai Pai, reply he's a man and doesn't have breasts (oppai).
- Goku meeting Karin and trying to get the Super Spirit Water.
- "This isn't Rock-Paper-Scissors! I want a cigar!"
- After finding himself wanting in the second battle with Goku, Tao decides to climb Karin's Tower and drink the Super Spirit Water. Karin gives him some water... In which he put a booger and spit. Then he gives him a ride down with a Dark Nimbus... And makes the cloud drop him when he's almost down.
- The contrast between Upa, who's worried of what could happen if Tao gets to drink the Sacred Spirit Water, and Goku, who cares so little of the possibility that he initially forgot to tell Upa that it's actually faucet water.
- Tao's face when Goku shrugs off his beating, and the even better one when Goku kicks his bomb back in his face.
- Vs. Red Ribbon's main base:
- Roshi is using Bulma's Goku-searching drone to spy on a girl who's undressing on a beach... Then Bulma deactivates the receiving antenna to augment the signal. After the image returns, Roshi can still see the end, she takes off the panties... And that's when Roshi finds out the girl was gone and he was now spying a man.
- After picking up Roshi and the others to try and help Goku against the Red Ribbon, Yamcha asks where is Krillin... And has a priceless face when Roshi replies he's swimming to go shopping.
- The Reveal of Red's real motivation for assembling the world's most powerful, feared and evil army and search for the Dragon Balls no matter what it cost him: increase his height and thus have success with girls. Black is not amused, and proceeds to kill him and take over. The public at home is.
- Black tries to tempt Goku into joining him by promising him money, the ability to treat everyone on the planet as a slave, and a harem. To Goku.
- Goku's friends planning for his rescue... And then their reaction when Goku told them that he already beat the Red Ribbon Army.
- Baba/Pilaf segment:
Mummy: (laughs evilly) Pain and suffering are all you have to look forward to now!Yamcha: Whatever! Anyone ever tell you your mummy dresses you funny? *Twinkle Smile*
- When Bulma suggests that something may have swallowed the missing Dragon Ball, Oolong quips that nobody would be that stupid. Becomes rather funny when King Piccolo (who is rather smart) does just that.
- Yamcha and Krillin getting new clothes for Goku. They dressed him up like a school boy that rivals the outfit that Chi-Chi makes Gohan wear to Namek. Goku is not amuse, but Yamcha, Krillin, Puar, and the audience are.
- Krillin thinking Upa is a girl and telling Goku how cute he is. This is somewhat understandable since Upa is a pretty boy, but Goku of all people corrects Krillin. This is the same person who couldn't tell a boy and a girl apart outside of touching them. Krillin is left very embarrass and for the record, Goku never checked Upa, he just knew he was a boy.
- After Goku makes fun of Krillin for mistaken Upa's gender, he strips in the middle of the street. Yamcha tells him to get a room and Upa just looks away. Goku then scratches himself, which really sets Yamcha and Krillin.
- Fortune Smeller Baba.
- Krillin fight against Dracula. Goku even asked Krillin how he lost so easily.
- Puar and Upa (both non-fighters) beat said Dracula with a combination of garlic, a holy cross symbol, and Puar turning into a fly swatter and knocking him out-of-bounds. Goku promptly declares them being stronger than Krillin.
- When Baba brings out her second fighter, our heroes mistake a cockroach for him. At least until it's revealed it's an Invisible Man.
- After the initial problems, Yamcha managed to pinpoint his opponent's location by hearing him move. Cue Baba covering him by singing horribly.
- Krillin's counter to that? Cheering for thr Invisible Man... And then, as expected, he thanked him, even after Yamcha started beating him up. Baba couldn't believe that anyone would fall for such a trick, and had to tell him to shut up and finish the fight.
- Krillin final and decisive trick: having Master Roshi nosebleed on him after lifting Bulma's shirt up.
- Why are Roshi and Bulma there? Because Krillin sent Goku to bring them there, so he tracked them down and kidnapped them from a plane... Leaving Oolong and Good!Lunch on board, and none of them can fly it! Bonus point for Oolong having said that nothing good ever happens when Goku shows up.
- Goku being his kid self at Baba.
- How about this exchange of dialogue, just before Yamcha's fight with the Mummy?
- They ask Grandpa Gohan if he would like them to use the Dragon Balls to bring him back to life, but he declines because, "I've got a lot of friends, and most of them are brunettes!" Master Roshi excitedly exclaims, "Save some for me!"
- Pilaf and his gang setting Goku's pants on fire in an effort to grab his tail (which had been pulled by Gohan). Goku gets Shu to give him his clothes.
- Master Roshi gives a poetic and meaningful speech to Goku that moves the rest of the cast near tears. Goku completely misses its meaning, and ask Roshi to start over.
- Master Roshi makes everyone run back to his island so they can get a taste of what it's like to be Goku. This includes Bulma!
Second Tournament Arc / King Piccolo Saga
- Chiaotzu calling Krillin baldy. When Krillin points out that he's bald too, Chiaotzu takes off his hat and reveals one strand of hair. Tien is very embarrassed by this.
- Goku being surprised that the announcer knew what number he would pull (he was the last person to draw). He reached into the drawing box and called the man a genius. Tien is quick to tease Yamcha and Krillin about this. Chiaotzu doesn't understand what Goku did wrong, causing Tien to tell him to shut up.
- During Yamcha vs. Tien, Yamcha briefly gets the upper hand in the match.
- Tien: *on the ground writhing in pain*
Yamcha: What? What was that? I'm sorry, I can't understand you. I don't speak pain!
- Later in the fight, when Tien gets the upper hand:
Yamcha: *on the ground writhing in pain*
Tien: For someone who doesn't speak pain, you sound very fluent.
- Jackie Chun's "fight" against Man-Wolf. It can't even be called a Curb-Stomp Battle, Man-Wolf is so outclassed. Chun wins by making Man-Wolf fetch a bone he tossed out of the ring.
- Man-Wolf hates Chun because he's a reverse werewolf, and as Chun destroyed the moon he can't turn back into human anymore. How does the problem get solved? Jackie Chun hypnotizes him into believing that Krilin's head is the full moon. The announcer promptly nicknames Krilin as the "Full Moon-Headed Boy".
- Everyone's reactions when they see Man-Wolf's human form.
Jackie: I take it there are no mirrors where he comes from.Krillin: Maybe he should grow a beard.
- Back in the 21st Tournament, one of the lesser things the announcer had called Jackie out for was that werewolves wouldn't be able to transform anymore.
- Krillin beating Chiaotzu by forcing him to do some hard math problems. Namely, what's 4 plus 7 and 9 minus 1 (Chiaotzu needs both his hands open to use his psychic powers), and then punching him while's he's trying to solve them. Made better by Chiaotzu, after failing to do the first one and getting punched, demanded to know what's 16 plus 27, only for Krilin to answer instantly and make his second question.
- The reactions. Master Shen declares that he should have taught him math too, when Krilin's bragging of his superior intelligence Bulma asks him what's 130,000,000 plus 904,203,271 to take him down a peg (cue Luminescent Blush when he's forced to admit that Bulma's smarter), and then we're treated to Master Shen teaching Chiaotzu some basic math skill Training from Hell-style.
- This also becomes a Brick Joke when you remember that studying was part of Master Roshi's training program for Goku and Krillin.
- Tien offering to treat everyone after Goku refused to take half of the prize money. Krillin laughs that Goku will get to spend his share after all.
- Goku and Yajirobe playing rock paper scissors to determine which of them gets to fight Cymbal.
Cymbal: Oh, come on! That's not how you play. Everyone knows that dynamite always wins!
- This bit of dialogue between Yamcha and Tambourine:
Yamcha: That must make you King Piccolo's yes-man.Tambourine: Yes- I-I mean, uh, well you don't- shut up!
- It's hilarious to watch the mighty and terrifying Demon King Piccolo cower every single time he sees an electric rice cooker. That situation is the perfect encapsulation of early Dragon Ball: a deathly serious, murderous, megalomaniacal ancient demon's only fear is something as incredibly mundane as a rice cooker.
- After getting his butt handed to him by Tambourine, Goku search for food to recharge himself. What follows is a Humiliation Conga where a piece of fruit tried to eat Goku, then spit him out in disgust, and Goku being beating up by a kangaroo and her baby.
- During Goku and Piccolo's first fight Goku is beating badly and held by Piccolo by his shirt. While Piccolo gloated, Goku bites his thumb, causing his only injury to him. Piccolo even sucks on the wound like a small child.
- Piccolo takes the throne as King of the World and makes a world-wide broadcast about how from now on all government and law enforcement are abolished and his army will kill anyone who tries to fight against crime. All Launch has to say is "That doesn't sound so bad."
- When all of the Dragon Ball gang are heading the city in King Piccolo is located to aid Goku and Ten in fighting him, Bad Launch for the first time shows eagerness and willingnes in fighting with the Dragon Ball gang against a major enemy, mostly due to the fact she wants to protect Ten as she loves him. Launch then suddenly sneezes, reverting her to her "Good" form, much to Dragon Ball's gang horror and disappointment and then asks: "Are we going on a picnic?"
Piccolo Jr Saga
- During Goku's training, he had to fight a doll of himself that was kicking his butt throughout the entire day. When he finally managed to land several decent hits and knock it out, Mr Popo casually revealed that the doll was out of energy and that's why he beat it. Goku's so stun by the news that he collapsed and fell asleep on the ground.
- Everyone seeing grown up Goku. None of them recognized him until he took off the turban and revealed his signature hair. Bulma quickly starts falling for him and looked quite disappointed that Chi-Chi claimed him first.
- How can we forget when Goku learns the identity of the Cute Bruiser he was fighting in the last Tenkaichi Budokai — Chichi, who has definitely grown into an attractive woman. And nearly everyone else goes WTF with him too, with the exception of Oolong (who figured who it was early). Then, after remembering her and his promise, and originally thinking a "bride" was something you ate, he asks her to marry him anyway. He spends the next several minutes of the episode having no clue why she's being so affectionate.
Goku: Live together!? With you!? When I said this was I conscious!?
Goku: *very casually* So, shall we go get married then?
- His proposal:
Krillin: Marriage! It's means your life is practically over!
- Of course, we all know he figures it out eventually. See: Gohan and Goten.
- Krillin's reaction to the whole thing:
- Bulma finding out that Yamcha claimed to be in love with Chi-Chi. He wasn't. He was just saying stuff because he hit her and learned later that she was the daughter of the feared Ox-King.
- During the 23rd World Tournament, after Yamcha is easily beaten in the first round for the THIRD time in a row, all Puar has to say in the dub is "Yay, Yamcha survived!"
- Not to mention cracking his nuts against Shen's head.
- Also from the 23rd World Tournament, Goku stealing Tien's belt, making his pants fall down revealing his undergarments to the world. One of the few times we see Tien blush.
- Piccolo's reaction when Goku flew into his mouth to save Kami.
- Goku getting into Piccolo's face with a huge grin on his face, before jumping away and letting Piccolo's own energy ball hit him.
- During Goku's fight with Piccolo, even as he's struggling to stand, Goku still manages to stun even his toughest opponent to date.
Goku: "It's a good thing you aim as badly as you fight...you missed my vital organs."Piccolo: "ALL OF THEM?!"
- Roshi in general. When he's not being the Old Master, he's nothing but a walking fountain of funny. Even in the Toonami dub, which censors most of his pervyness, it's hard not to laugh at the scenes he's in.
Movies / Specials