- Tao Pai Pai, the most evil villain in Dragon Ball, certainly is Nightmare Fuel. Especially considering he is the most feared man on the planet Earth. In addition, he is a sadistic mercenary who is even willing to kill children.
- The scene where he kills General Blue is somewhat disturbing, too. He boasts that he can kill the general with his tongue... and then he lives up to it. He just sticks out his tongue out and uses it to puncture Blue's skull, killing him almost immediately. It's over so quickly that it almost doesn't even qualify as a fight.
- So you're watching the last few moments of Goku's fight with Piccolo, all is right, Goku gives a thumbs up to all his friends as they shout the countdown. Right when they get to nine, Piccolo gets up and fires a mouth beam straight into Goku's right shoulder. And this isn't Z where a direct hit from a beam causes some external wounds, and maybe torn clothes or something like that. No. This is Dragon Ball and Goku now has a hole he can stick his hand into under his shoulder. After writhing in pain for a while, Piccolo gets up and begins stomping on the wound over and over as Goku grabs the ground in pain. All the while, Piccolo is grinning ear to ear, and even laughing. Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Krillin try to help but Piccolo stops them before they can enter the ring. Goku, the badass, still manages to get up and get in an attack before a swift kick from Junior reminds him he has a giant hole in his body. Junior, the prick, then elbows Goku, right in the wound, followed by more blood curdling screams. And just to add injury to injury, Piccolo breaks Goku's leg.
- Speaking of Piccolo, the original Demon King manages to give a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to Goku so badly that it stopped his heart.
- Goku becoming an Oozaru right before Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong and Puar's eyes.
- King Demon Piccolo's Ax-Crazy behaviour.
- Lunch's transformations. One moment she's sweet, innocent, good enough to ride the Kinto Un, then she sneezes and becomes a fearsome gun-toting psycho whose passage is said to leave not a blade of grass intact.
- Goku's Doll. Popo makes a sort of copy of Goku, and the look on it's face can be a touch unsettling. Then it starts to make sounds with it's mouth as it begins to charge a Kamehameha and it gets even creepier.
- Kinkaku and Ginkaku. At first they just look like two Fist of the North Star Mooks with a submachine gun... Then comes the roll call, and anyone among their victims who doesn't answer quickly gets sucked in a gourd that is said to melt their flesh and bone and turn them into sake. And, just for dog-kicking sake, the episode they appear in has them trying to do it to a two weeks-old toddler. Good thing Goku passes by and decides to stop them...
- When he initially confronts them, Goku is sucked in, and we see it actually does it. Had Goku not used the Power Pole to not fall all the way in, he'd have been melted and turned into sake... And when he got out, Goku stole the gourd and roll-called them them until they missed a call and got sucked in, after he had to pee while inside to boot and the gourd caught the smell. They are let out, but then they have to work for the villagers at gourd-point...
- Let's face it: Goku himself, for his enemies. He looks like a cute child but is super-strong, Nigh Invulnerable, and, as a child, has zero compulsions about killing his enemies. And if he looks at the full moon he turns into a gigantic ape-like berserker. There's a reason Pilaf was so terrified of him that he released Demon King Piccolo and Gero went completely insane and fixated on killing him with incredibly powerful robots (that are actually far more powerful than what he thought necessary), before finding out he's a member of a race of genocidal space pirates...
Nightmare Fuel / Dragon Ball