Characters: What the Fuck Is Wrong with You?
open/close all folders
The host of WTFIWWY.
"Ladies and gentlemen, my co-host: the Devil."
Nash's co-host during the live shows. She is also intending to start her own series based on the "Be a Better Criminal" running gag - details here
The star of Nash's introductory cartoons.
- Cargo Ship: In-universe. See Second Love below.
- The Chew Toy: Gets hurt quite a bit during the opening segments.
- So much that the TGWTG showrunner might veto many things, but catapulting Stick Boy is acceptable.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: During the opening segment, Stick Boy's eyes will sometimes have white rings in them rather than being fully black the way they usually are. This has been used to demonstrate drunkenness, drug use, or even just straight insanity, but it has never meant anything good.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: He has been shown to be Nash's employee, rather than his creation.
- Second Love: Found one after Lupa rejected him.... with a stop sign. And they had a son.
- Talking with Signs
- The Voiceless: Except for screams of fear and pain.
- A rare few times, he's also been heard giggling.
The leader of an unspecified extraterrestrial race's spaceship.
Arlo P. Arlo
A southern guy who apparently likes DIY and guns.
Best described by Nash: "Pants are aliens, and they are angry. Angry alien pants."
The leader of the Galactic Empire, whom Nash pesters once in a while.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently when he met Nash, Palpatine dropped his lightsaber through his foot.
Bridget the Cat
Tara's nephew's kitten, who started appearing in the background in June 2014.
- Cuteness Proximity: The channel regularly loses its mind when she's on-camera.
- Funny Background Event: Ever since she came into Tara's house, she's been regularly appearing in the background or just making noise off-camera.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Bridget has immediately captured the viewers' hearts (and attention), even upstaging Tara in her first appearance on camera, and leading Nash to joke bitterly about renaming the show "Radio Cat Hair."
Tara's leg hole
Leghole has become almost a character on this show in and on itself.
Live WTFIWWY, 11/3/2014 (Corpse Surfin')
In Fall 2014, Tara was hospitalized with MRSA and ended up having a necrotized chunk of fat
removed from her leg. The ongoing saga of her sickness, the fat removal and the resulting wound—the aforementioned Leghole—was recounted at the start of every WTFIWWY Live episode for weeks.
The Goddamn Cup
Nash: Goddamn cup!
Live Radio Dead Air, 12/8/14
One evening, Nash was drinking from a mug between sets, and kept forgetting to move it out of the shot. It was beloved by the chat.
Other Real People
Fellow TGWTG producer, former member of the now-defunct DesuDesBrigade
and Nash's former real-life girlfriend. Appeared on the live WTFIWWY and RDA whenever the show was broadcasted from her house, and had regularly appeared on the show when she was still living with Nash. For her tropes, see her page
Nash's main researcher for the show.
Mike the Producer
Nash's very strange producer, famous for his trolling requests on Radio Dead Air.
- Guest Host: Made a rare on-camera appearence to sub in for Tara on "Bare Breasted Brouhaha"
- Troll: He sent Nash a fucking gimp suit, for the love of God.
- Which Nash did use at least once for a gag.