The character page for Total Drama Tokyo. Unmarked spoilers ahead, so beware.
Total Drama Tokyo features twenty-two original characters.
Anderson - The Prankster
'Dude, I pulled an epic prank on Shawn. I made him lose the game, and ate half of his candy bar. He's raging at me, and he should be here any second, so I gotta hide!"
Anderson is an extremely immature and perverted kid who is obsessed with pulling pranks on people. His sister is PJ
, the silent girl
from Total Drama Revolution.
Ari - The Awkward Girl
"No, I like a lot of guys. I mean, I think a lot of guys are cute, I mean... Whatever."
Ari is pretty and aspires to be popular and make friends, but is awkward as well. She develops a very good friendship with Roz
, and is based on
one of the author's friends.
Bennett - The Playa
" I'm just a kid who has extraoooordinary luck with th' laaadies."
Bennett likes girls, and they like him back, so much that he always has two random girls flanking him at all times, who do whatever he wants them to.
"Hmm... Popularity meter... Best part of a kid's life... Little kid over there... Crap, I forgot."
Casey is a strange girl who idolizes Chelsey
from Total Drama Revolution. However, she doesn't have a good read on Chelsey's personality, and attempts to be extremely mean like how she thinks Chelsey is.
Delia - The Violent Fanatic
"You all will regret that this ever happened..."
Delia has had a hard life, and is now very dangerous and deadly. She hides it all under a cool mask of calmness, but has many terrifying things going through her mind.
Estrella - The Goth
Tolkien: Do you think ANYTHING is cute, Estrella?
Blood. Centipedes crawling across people's skin. Knives flying out of nowhere and almost stabbing people's heads. Dead dogs in the highway. Vultures that eat human carcasses. Gory, grisly corpses hanging out to dry. Oh, and teddy bears
Estrella is, well, a goth
. She enjoys reading morbid novels, being sarcastic, and saying grisly things.
Flora - Some Girl
"Why am I so boring? I just want people to like me!"
She doesn't need a biography, she's just that one girl in every show, who always seems to stay in the background and not do anything of importance the whole time. She's not a Mary Sue
, or a villain, or anything. Just a boring girl.
Gail - The Animal LoverGail loves animals
. Yeah, that's about all we know.
Horatio - One Of Those Guys
"I know that times are tough, but I think we should just all try to... keep the faith."
Horatio is a jazz musician who wears a tux and frequents nightclubs.
- Cool Shades
- Expy: Of the character in the Catalina Wine Mixer scene of Step Brothers. He's named Horatio after the actor, Horatio Sanz.
- Nice Guy
- Younger Than They Look: This scene suggests this:
Tolkien: All right, Horatio, you play video games, right?
Horatio: Yeah, dog, totally. The SNES is what's big now, right?
Estrella: ...Horatio, how old ARE you?
"Oooh, I love Tokyo! I climbed the Eiffel Tower here when I was four."
Isabel is basically Lindsay
if she Took a Level in Dumbass
... if that was even possible.
Julian - The Rocker
"Well, first of all, donít wear cologne. Girls donít like cologne unless they like ugly, pompous jocks, and youíre not an ugly, pompous jock. So, yeah, no cologne. Let your pits develop a natural smell. Thatís what I do, and you know Estrella loves me."
Julian is a pretty chill dude, who plays music and has a lazy view on life.
Kai - The Magician
"Hello, young children. I am the great Kai Amadeus Bertilrud II. I will now take a rabbit out of my hat."
Kai is a magician, basically, who's jealous of his older brother.
Layla - The Spoiled Brat
"Charles, make them give me a warm welcome. I didn't come here to be overlooked. I came here to win, and add more bucks to my collection. So make them welcome me."
Layla is an extremely rich and extremely bratty spoiled heiress who's used to living a posh life, with even a butler following her around constantly and doing whatever she wants.
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore
- Berserk Button: When Charles doesn't get her something. Which happens frequently...
- Bitch Alert: The quote at the top of her section was her second line, after "Charles, pick up that gum wrapper. I hate litterers".
- Blondes Are Evil
- Breakout Character: The author thought she'd be disliked, if not hated, but is probably the most popular contestant of the story next to Tolkien and Flora.
- Butt Monkey: Both her and Charles qualify as this, with Charles bordering on The Chew Toy.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Catch Phrase: "Charles, get me a ____", usually with some extremely ridiculous reason why after.
- Deadpan Snarker: Surprisingly, sometimes.
- Expy: Her bossiness, treatment of Isabel, and eventual win are very similar to Heather in Total Drama Island.
- Femme Fatale
- Heel-Face Turn: When she wins. Although, the next season she appears to be back to her old ways...
- Ice Queen
- Idle Rich
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Doesn't like anyone, and manipulates Isabel.
- It's All About Me
- Jerkass Woobie: She seems to be depressed, despite how rich she is, but is so unpleasant that one forgets this.
- Large Ham
- Laughably Evil: Oh, so much.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Only in It for the Money: Strange considering she already has tons and tons of money.
- Precision F-Strike:
"FUCK! What, it's PG-13, and we're allowed to drop one F-bomb. Hehe, I took it from you guys. Ari, get me a latte."
- Punny Name: Her full name is Layla A (yes, just an A) Knee, a reference to one of the users on the wiki the story was posted, Lalainee.
- Rich Bitch: Basically the Trope Codifier. At least until the ending, where she wins money and gives it to Charles, her butler.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!:
"You guys tell me that every day, but I really don't care. He's a jerk to me. He never gets me the stuff that I want. And since I'm rich, and pretty, by default I deserve to get everything I want."
- Spoiled Brat
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Well, she wins, but her, Charles, and their gags are frequently included especially post-merge.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Took a Level in Kindness: In the final chapter, she somehow beats Roz and wins the million dollars, and decides to give it all to Charles. She reverts to her old self in the next season, though, missing Charles and forcing other contestants to do work for her.
Neal - The Smartass
"My name's not actually Puck. It's Cornelius, but you guys didn't hear that. I nicknamed myself Puck because I'm a super pro at hockey. I'm even better than Chuck Norris."
Puck is a really weird guy who loves making cheesy water and ice puns, thinks he's half-penguin, and is probably the most delusional person to ever exist.
- Annoying Laugh: Sounds something like ""Harharharharharharharhar".
- Broken Base: The readers of the story either love him and think he's hilarious, or think he's ridiculously annoying.
- Butt Monkey: So much.
- Embarrassing First Name: Cornelius
- Fat and Skinny: With Wolfgang.
- From Bad to Worse:
Kai: (after Vivienne has confessed her love to him) This couldn't possibly get more awkward...
Puck: Beans and cornbread. (in a deep, gruff voice)
Kai: It just did.
- Groin Attack: Frequently, by Wolfgang.
- Heh Heh, You Said X:
Puck: Julian's last name is Reddick? (giggles immaturely)
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Half the things he says.
- Innocently Insensitive: Was often annoying the hell out of Wolfgang, but still believed Wolfgang was his best friend.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Or the closest thing to this in a fanfiction.
- Large Ham: Possibly the hammiest character yet.
- Love Triangle: With Thomas and Casey.
- Memetic Mutation: The "beans and cornbread" scene.
- Naked People Are Funny: Has been seen "in the buff" a few times, for comedy.
- Nonindicative Name: His stereotype, he's not chill (as in laid-back) at all, it actually is a reference to his horrible puns.
- Odd Friendship: With Casey.
- Official Couple: With Casey again.
- Prematurely Bald: Under his helmet.
- Pungeon Master
- Raised By Penguins: Or so he says.
- Repetitive Name: His last name is Puckerschmidt.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Him and Wolfgang's names together make... well, Wolfgang Puck, but Word of God says that the author noticed the coincidence after he made the two characters (they were named after two Animal Crossing NPCs).
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Him and Layla/Charles tended to make most of the jokes post-merge.
- Tagalong Kid
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Once again, with Casey.
Roz - The Maniac
"Chappy is awesome. So, last year, me and my friend Zari joined his whale club. It was really boring, but we joined because he's so awesome. We baked him an apple pie one day. True story."
Roz is Izzy
's cousin. Hyper, cheerful, enjoys stalking her science teacher
, that kind of stuff.
Shawn - The Jamaican Rapper
Shawn is, well, a rapper from Jamaica. Acts as the straight man to many of the more crazy characters.
- Big Fun
- Black Best Friend: To Tolkien and Julian.
- The Generic Guy: Outside of his rapping, he really doesn't have that many outstanding character traits.
- The Lancer: To Tolkien.
- Informed Attribute: Is supposed to be fat, but his character picture really doesn't show this, however this is due to the author's hard time drawing fat people.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Based on Sean Kingston, the only difference is that he's a rapper instead of a reggae singer.
- Overly Long Name: His full name is Kishawn Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam Anderson, which is surprisingly a combination of Sean Kingston's and Akon's full names.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Tolkien/Ari.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Donny from Total Drama Revolution, the season before. Both are pretty mellow, laid-back guys who hang out with more crazy guys (Vincent/Julian) and two guys who happen to be cousins. (Kavren/Tolkien)
Thomas - The Extremely Tall Guy
Thomas is tall, goofy, and... kind of an asshole?
Tolkien - The Fantasy Geek
Tolkien is a nerdy, short boy who's in love with the card game Luncheons & Laggins, but also very interested in girls.
- Adorkable: This trope basically sums up his personality.
- Author Avatar: Tolkien is meant to be this, from his crush on the character who is based on one of the author's crushes, to his nerdiness and appearance, especially the hairstyle and prominent nose.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Character Focus: Tolkien probably has the most depth out of the characters other than possibly Layla, as his inner thoughts are shown constantly.
- Did Not Get the Girl: With two different girls, too, as Ari doesn't seem to want to be anything more than friends and Roz is seen with other boys constantly.
- Extraverted Nerd
- Geek: His label is "The Fantasy Geek."
- Love Triangle: Is involved with one with Ari and Roz.
- Shout-Out: He's named after J. R. R. Tolkien, obviously.
- Teens Are Short: One of the shortest contestants of the season along with Anderson.
Vivienne - The Mysterious Romantic
Vivienne is a mysterious, lovesick girl who has had her heart broken in the past and joined Total Drama to meet kind people.
Wolfgang - The Loner
Wolfgang is a grumpy, aggressive, and oddly fashionable guy who doesn't really like social interaction.
Yuri - The Yaoi Fanatic
Yuri is a cheerful Japanese girl who lives close to where the season is filmed and who also happens to be obsessed with yaoi pairings.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Once she reveals in the confessional that she secretly has a crush on Shawn, she qualifies as this, especially considering she doesn't do anything other than force him and Julian to date each other.
- Anime Hair
- Everyone Is Gay: Seems to think this.
- Genki Girl: Most definitely.
- Joke Character: Yuri was created by one of the users on the website the story was posted on, and was not meant to have any sort of characterization or depth, just being a bizarre character.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls
- Shipper on Deck: For Julian and Shawn, Wolfgang and Puck, and MANY more.
- Slash Fic: Writes a couple of these, the first being called "The Beast and the Beast" featuring DJ and Ezekiel from Total Drama Island, the second is "The Brick and the Brick" which features Owen and Brick from the same show, and the third involves her O Cs Hayden and Dennis and their adventures at a strip club.
- Yaoi Fangirl: It's basically her label.