open/close all folders
Chris Mclean - The Host with the MostChris is the host of the show. He's cynical, sarcastic, lazy, sadistic, and a Jerkass.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dude, Not Funny!: Several things he does to the contestants qualify.
- Jerkass: Needless to say, he's not too nice of a guy.
Chef Hatchet - The Scary ChefChef Hatchet is the camp's chef. He is often shown doing humiliating things, much to his chagrin, and is usually found with Chris.
Total Drama Tokyo features twenty-two original characters.
Anderson - The Troublemaker
'Dude, I pulled an epic prank on Shawn. I made him lose the game, and ate half of his candy bar. He's raging at me, and he should be here any second, so I gotta hide!"Anderson is an extremely immature and perverted kid who is obsessed with pulling pranks on people. His sister is PJ, the silent girl from Total Drama Revolution.
- Butt Monkey: Anderson's time on the show is pretty rough.
- Fiery Redhead
- Jerkass: Anderson really isn't the nicest contestant around, and spends most of his time being a jerk to other people For the Evulz.
- Messy Hair
- Naked People Are Funny: Appears naked many times, for Rule of Funny.
- Older Than They Look: Looks like a 12-year-old.
- Redhead In Green
Ari - The Awkward Sweetheart
"No, I like a lot of guys. I mean, I think a lot of guys are cute, I mean... Whatever."Ari is pretty and aspires to be popular and make friends, but is awkward as well. She develops a very good friendship with Roz, and is based on one of the author's friends.
- Closet Geek: Tolkien comes across her Luncheons and Laggins cards at one point, and she also demonstrates a considerable amount of Pokemon knowledge in a challenge.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Is this to Roz.
- The Cutie
- Love Triangle: With Tolkien and Roz post-merge.
- Nice Girl
- Odd Friendship: With Roz.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Rejecting Tolkien at his elimination and repeatedly voting for Roz both count.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Roz.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Roz's Tomboy
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In later episodes, repeatedly tries to vote out Roz, her best friend.
Bennett - The Playa
" I'm just a kid who has extraoooordinary luck with th' laaadies."Bennett likes girls, and they like him back, so much that he always has two random girls flanking him at all times, who do whatever he wants them to.
- Ambiguously Brown: One of his nameless girls is this.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Revealed after his bangs are pushed to the side.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are covered due to his Justin Bieber hair, until he gets voted out.
- Flat Character: Bennett didn't really get that much development and was mostly created to be a throwaway gag/first boot.
- Hot Guys Are Bastards: Surprisingly averted, he's actually a pretty nice guy.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He was the first contestant voted out, and had about 15 lines.
"Hmm... Popularity meter... Best part of a kid's life... Little kid over there... Crap, I forgot."Casey is a strange girl who idolizes Chelsey from Total Drama Revolution. However, she doesn't have a good read on Chelsey's personality, and attempts to be extremely mean like how she thinks Chelsey is.
- Attention Whore: Pretty much the reason she acts like Chelsey.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Spends most of her time either making out with Puck or screaming at him.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Her label provides a pretty good analysis of her personality.
- Evil Redhead: Desires to be this, but is mostly just a...
- Fiery Redhead
- Loony Fan: Of a previous contestant.
- Ms. Fanservice: In-universe. Casey became this after she spontaneously gave herself a makeover... which happened to give Puck a Raging Stiffie.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Puck
- Tsundere: See Belligerent Sexual Tension.
Delia - The Violent Fanatic
"You all will regret that this ever happened..."Delia has had a hard life, and is now very dangerous and deadly. She hides it all under a cool mask of calmness, but has many terrifying things going through her mind.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Darker and Edgier: The darkest of any of the characters from the series, especially since most of them are joke characters.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Maybe she's not evil, just seriously messed-up.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm:Chris: Today's challenge involves big, furry creatures that have a possibility of injuring or killing you.Layla: My favorite kind of challenge.Delia: I know, right?
- Loners Are Freaks: Implied.
- The Quiet One
- The Woobie: Look at her biography and try not to feel sorry for her.
Estrella - The Goth
- Tolkien: Do you think ANYTHING is cute, Estrella?Estrella: Blood. Centipedes crawling across people's skin. Knives flying out of nowhere and almost stabbing people's heads. Dead dogs in the highway. Vultures that eat human carcasses. Gory, grisly corpses hanging out to dry. Oh, and teddy bears.
- Deadpan Snarker: The token snarker of the season, taking Helga's role.
- Goth: An obvious one.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Helga from the earlier seasons. Both are antisocial, Deadpan Snarkers, and enjoy reading books.
- They eventually meet on the next season, and get along.
- Tsundere: Towards Julian.
Flora - Some Girl
"Why am I so boring? I just want people to like me!"She doesn't need a biography, she's just that one girl in every show, who always seems to stay in the background and not do anything of importance the whole time. She's not a Mary Sue, or a villain, or anything. Just a boring girl.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Breakout Character: The prime example of the entire story, and possibly even the entire series, her only competition is Layla. She later returns to the next story, Total Drama Superstar Showdown, for this reason.
- Expy: Word of God says she's based on unintentionally boring characters from other fanfics.
- Flat Character: Invoked.
- Funny Afro: Wears this to try and be noticed. It doesn't work.
Gail - The Animal LoverGail loves animals. Yeah, that's about all we know.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Friend to All Living Things: Except sharks.
- Irony: Gail, who got angry at Flora for being boring, is infamously known as the most boring character of the story.
- Living Prop
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Second out and even less prominent than Bennett.
Horatio - The Jazz Cat
"I know that times are tough, but I think we should just all try to... keep the faith."Horatio is a jazz musician who wears a tux and frequents nightclubs.
- Cool Shades
- Expy: Of the character in the Catalina Wine Mixer scene of Step Brothers. He's named Horatio after the actor, Horatio Sanz.
- Nice Guy
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Is forcibly removed from the game due to his saxophone playing summoning Dolph.
- Younger Than They Look: This scene suggests this:Tolkien: All right, Horatio, you play video games, right?Horatio: Yeah, dog, totally. The SNES is what's big now, right?Estrella: ...Horatio, how old ARE you?
Isabel - The Ditz
"Oooh, I love Tokyo! I climbed the Eiffel Tower here when I was four."Isabel is basically Lindsay if she Took a Level in Dumbass... if that was even possible.
- Brainless Beauty
- The Ditz: It's her label.
- The Dragon: To Layla, although she doesn't know it.
- Dumb Blonde: This was her original stereotype.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Is this to Layla, with hilarious results.
- Out of Focus: Isabel wasn't the most visible contestant.
- Too Dumb to Live: Initially seems to be this way, and is later implied to not entirely be the case.
Julian - The Rocker
"Well, first of all, donít wear cologne. Girls donít like cologne unless they like gross, pompous jocks, and youíre not a gross, pompous jock. So, yeah, no cologne. Let your pits develop a natural smell. Thatís what I do, and you know Estrella loves me."Julian is a pretty chill dude, who plays music and has a lazy view on life.
- Black and Nerdy: Interested in video games and Tolkien's Luncheons and Laggins cards.
- Casanova Wannabe: He tries time and time again to flirt with Estrella, and she is never amused.
- Deadpan Snarker: Julian is one of the wittier contestants.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Until the next season, at least.
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Expy: His crush on a goth girl who has no interest in him is reminiscent of Cody and Gwen.
- Funny Afro: Although, sometimes crosses into an Afro Asskicker.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Estrella.
- Lazy Bum: Implied in his pre-season biography and the first chapter, but he's not that lazy on the show.
- Unfortunate Names: His last name is Reddick. Puck noticed.
- Younger Than They Look: Julian is tall and looks like he should be in college, but is 16 like the other contestants.
Kai - The Magician
"Hello, young children. I am the great Kai Amadeus Bertilrud II. I will now take a rabbit out of my hat."Kai is a magician, basically, who's jealous of his older brother.
- Camp Straight: Flamboyant, and Word of God says he has a high voice.
- Nerd Glasses
- Nerds Are Sexy: To Vivienne, apparently.
- Nice Guy: Kai is pretty friendly and docile.
- Official Couple: With Vivienne.
- Sibling Rivalry: He has a pretty big one with his brother, but it's only brought up a couple times outside of the biography.
Layla - The Rich Snob
"Charles, make them give me a warm welcome. I didn't come here to be overlooked. I came here to win, and add more bucks to my collection. So make them welcome me."Layla is an extremely rich and extremely bratty spoiled heiress who's used to living a posh life, with even a butler following her around constantly and doing whatever she wants.
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore: Being rich, Layla is used to having lots of attention focused on her.
- Berserk Button: When Charles doesn't get her something, which happens frequently...
- Bitch Alert: The quote at the top of her section was one of the first things she said after being introduced.
- Breakout Character: The author thought she'd be disliked, if not hated, but is probably the most popular contestant of the story.
- Butt Monkey: Both her and Charles qualify as this, with Charles bordering on The Chew Toy.
- Card-Carrying Villain: See Laughably Evil.
- Catch Phrase: "Charles, get me a ____", usually with some extremely ridiculous reason why after.
- Deadpan Snarker: Surprisingly, sometimes.
- Expy: Her bossiness, treatment of Isabel, and eventual win are very similar to Heather in Total Drama Island.
- HeelĖFace Turn: When she wins. Although, the next season she appears to be back to her old ways...
- Ice Queen
- Idle Rich: Layla's certainly rich, but not very active.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Doesn't like anyone, and manipulates Isabel.
- It's All About Me
- Jerkass Woobie: She seems to be depressed, despite how rich she is, but is so unpleasant that one forgets this.
- Large Ham
- Laughably Evil: Layla's awful, evil nature is constantly played for laughs.
- Manipulative Bitch: To Charles, Isabel, and... basically everyone.
- Only in It for the Money: Strange considering she already has tons and tons of money.
- Precision F-Strike:"FUCK! What, it's PG-13, and we're allowed to drop one F-bomb. Hehe, I took it from you guys. Ari, get me a latte."
- Punny Name: Her full name is Layla A (yes, just an A) Knee, a reference to one of the users on the wiki the story was posted, Lalainee.
- Rich Bitch: Basically the Trope Codifier. At least until the ending, where she wins money and gives it to Charles, her butler.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!:"You guys tell me that every day, but I really don't care. He's a jerk to me. He never gets me the stuff that I want. And since I'm rich, and pretty, by default I deserve to get everything I want."
- Spoiled Brat
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Well, she wins, but her, Charles, and their gags are frequently included especially post-merge.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of the Mini Dharmas.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In the final chapter, she somehow beats Roz and wins the million dollars, and decides to give it all to Charles. She reverts to her old self in the next season, though, missing Charles and forcing other contestants to do work for her.
Neal - The Smartass
- Deadpan Snarker: Not too pronounced, but occasionally.
- Expy: Of Neal from Freaks and Geeks, the author's favorite character.
- Extraverted Nerd
- Jewish and Nerdy
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Word of God says that Neal, being based on the author's favorite character from Freaks and Geeks, was supposed to be just like him and make it far, with funny lines and possibly the ventriloquist plot. But the many other interesting characters on his team made it hard to develop him, and he ended up being out of character and eliminated early.
Puck - The Chill Guy
"My name's not actually Puck. It's Cornelius, but you guys didn't hear that. I nicknamed myself Puck because I'm a super pro at hockey. I'm even better than Chuck Norris."Puck is a really weird guy who loves making cheesy water and ice puns, thinks he's half-penguin, and is probably the most delusional person to ever exist.
- Acrofatic: Occasionally played straight, occasionally averted. He's a horrible swimmer, but has some strange hidden talents that come out in the challenges.
- Annoying Laugh: Sounds something like "Harharharharharharharhar."
- Butt Monkey: Within eighteen chapters, Puck almost drowns multiple times, gets kicked in the groin by Wolfgang multiple times, gets turned into a pig, gets attacked by a demon while using a Porta-Potty, gets attacked by Japanese tourists, and gets his pizza stolen. Among many other things.
- Embarrassing First Name: Cornelius.
- Fat and Skinny: With Wolfgang.
- From Bad to Worse:Kai: (after Vivienne has confessed her love to him) This couldn't possibly get more awkward...Puck: Beans and cornbread. (in a deep, gruff voice)Kai: It just did.
- Groin Attack: Frequently the recipient of these, courtesy of Wolfgang.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X":Chris: Epic Rap Battles of Tokyo! Round One! Puck Something-or-other! Versus! Julian Reddick!Puck: Julian's last name is Reddick? (giggles immaturely)
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Half the things he says.
- Innocently Insensitive: Was often annoying the hell out of Wolfgang, but still believed Wolfgang was his best friend.
- Keet: Puck is a small, constantly upbeat and hyper character.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Or the closest thing to this in a fanfiction.
- Large Ham: Possibly the hammiest character yet.
- The Load: He rarely contributes anything helpful to team challenges, yet somehow manages to squeak by elimination every time.
- Love Triangle: With Thomas and Casey.
- Memetic Mutation: The "beans and cornbread" scene.
- Naked People Are Funny: Has been seen "in the buff" a few times, solely for the sake of comedy.
- Nonindicative Name: His stereotype, "The Chill Guy" - he's not chill (as in laid-back) at all, it's just a reference to his horrible water/ice-themed puns.
- Odd Friendship: With Casey.
- Official Couple: With Casey again.
- Prematurely Bald: Under his helmet.
- Pungeon Master: Puck makes constant puns, usually involving water or ice. They more often than not turn out horrible.
- Raised By Penguins: Or so he claims (he was actually born in Maine).
- Repetitive Name: His last name is Puckerschmidt.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Him and Wolfgang's names together make... well, Wolfgang Puck, but Word of God says that the author noticed the coincidence after he made the two characters (they were named after two Animal Crossing NPCs).
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Him and Layla/Charles tended to make most of the jokes post-merge.
- Tagalong Kid: Puck is the shortest and most annoying contestant on every team he's on, and he also contributes the least.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Once again, with Casey.
Roz - The Genki Girl
"Chappy is awesome. So, last year, me and my friend Zari joined his whale club. It was really boring, but we joined because he's so awesome. We baked him an apple pie one day. True story."Roz is Izzy's cousin. Hyper, cheerful, enjoys stalking her science teacher, that kind of stuff.
- Action Girl: Roz is incredibly strong and hyper.
- Ax-Crazy: This is her at her worst.
- Blatant Lies: When she claims her various boyfriends are "just friends" or that she's a "lone wolf."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Very much so, especially when she rambles on about strange things like her love for her science teacher.
- Cute Bruiser
- Embarrassing First Name: At least, in her opinion. States in French how much she hates it.
- Expy: Of Izzy from Total Drama, who happens to be her cousin. Also of someone the author knows.
- Genki Girl: This is her new stereotype.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X":Chris: Tomorrow. This chappy is getting long.Roz: Hehehehe. Chappy. Long.
- It Runs in the Family: Her and Izzy and Sharissa, her cousins, are extremely similar.
- Just Friends: What she claims her and Chaz are. Obviously, this is not the case.
- Love Triangle: With Ari and Tolkien post-merge.
- Odd Friendship: With Ari.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Rosalind.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Returns for the fifth season as the host, after Chris quits.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Ari.
- She's Got Legs
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Tolkien's relationship with Ari, but happens to like Tolkien himself... maybe.
- The Nicknamer: Calls almost nobody by their real name, except Ari. Examples include "Strelly", "Tolky", "Chappy", etc.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Ari's Girly Girl.
- Verbal Tic: Says "hehe", and various forms, a lot.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Shawn - The Jamaican RapperShawn is, well, a rapper from Jamaica. Acts as the straight man to many of the more crazy characters.
- Big Fun
- Black Best Friend: To Tolkien and Julian.
- The Generic Guy: Outside of his rapping, he really doesn't have that many outstanding character traits.
- The Lancer: To Tolkien.
- Informed Attribute: Is supposed to be fat, but his character picture really doesn't show this, however this is due to the author's hard time drawing fat people.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Based on Sean Kingston, the only difference is that he's a rapper instead of a reggae singer.
- Overly Long Name: His full name is Kishawn Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam Anderson, which is surprisingly a combination of Sean Kingston's and Akon's full names.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Tolkien/Ari.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Donny from Total Drama Revolution, the season before. Both are pretty mellow, laid-back guys who hang out with more crazy guys (Vincent/Julian) and two guys who happen to be cousins. (Kavren/Tolkien)
Thomas - The Extremely Tall GuyThomas is tall, goofy, and... kind of an asshole?
- Bandage Mummy: Is turned into this temporarily once he falls off of the Tokyo Tower.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Much to his dismay.
- Expy: Of one of the author's friends. However, when he was turned into more of a jerkish character, the similarities (other than the appearance and height) disappeared.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Casey.
- Love Triangle: With Puck and Casey.
- Nice Guy: At first.
- Precision F-Strike:Thomas loudly says something censored that rhymes with Puck.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: He started out as a nice, somewhat goofy guy, and turned into a jerk who hated Puck and was extremely jealous of his relationship with Casey.
Tolkien - The Fantasy GeekTolkien is a nerdy, short boy who's in love with the card game Luncheons & Laggins, but also very interested in girls.
- Adorkable: This trope basically sums up his personality.
- Author Avatar: Tolkien is meant to be this, from his crush on the character who is based on one of the author's crushes, to his nerdiness and appearance, especially the hairstyle and prominent nose.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Character Focus: Tolkien probably has the most depth out of the characters other than possibly Layla, as his inner thoughts are shown constantly.
- Did Not Get the Girl: With two different girls, too, as Ari doesn't seem to want to be anything more than friends and Roz is seen with other boys constantly.
- Extraverted Nerd
- Geek: His label is "The Fantasy Geek."
- Jewish and Nerdy: Tolkien is confirmed to be Jewish, another trait inspired by the author.
- Love Triangle: Is involved with one with Ari and Roz.
- Shout-Out: He's named after J. R. R. Tolkien, obviously.
- Teens Are Short: One of the shortest contestants of the season along with Anderson.
Vivienne - The Mysterious RomanticVivienne is a mysterious, lovesick girl who has had her heart broken in the past and joined Total Drama to meet kind people.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Expy: Based on Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, the author's favorite character from his favorite video game.
- Nice Hat
- Official Couple: With Kai.
- Out of Focus: Vivienne was mostly a background character, but had her moments.
- She's a Man in Japan: The character she is based on is, and she herself was originally going to be a trans woman before the plot was scrapped.
- The Bus Came Back: Was originally meant to be in the very first version of Total Drama Tokyo, but was scrapped, then brought back when the story was revamped.
Wolfgang - The LonerWolfgang is a grumpy, aggressive, and oddly fashionable guy who doesn't really like social interaction.
- Anime Hair: Blue, large, and amorphous.
- Berserk Button: Anything Puck says or does.
- Fat and Skinny: With Puck.
- Groin Attack: Kicks multiple contestants in the crotch in his time on the show.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Wolfgang gets very angry very easily, and Puck is usually the catalyst.
- The Quiet One: Does not talk during his entire time in the competition, making him The Voiceless until his elimination, where he goes on a rant. He is brought back for Total Drama Superstar Showdown and is much more talkative, however.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Him and Puck's names together make... well, Wolfgang Puck, but Word of God says that the author noticed the coincidence after he made the two characters (they were named after two Animal Crossing NPCs).
- We Hardly Knew Ye: The third contestant voted out and he only had one line.
Yuri - The Yaoi FanaticYuri is a cheerful Japanese girl who lives close to where the season is filmed and who also happens to be obsessed with yaoi pairings.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Once she reveals in the confessional that she secretly has a crush on Shawn, she qualifies as this, especially considering she doesn't do anything other than force him and Julian to date each other.
- Anime Hair
- Everyone Is Gay: Seems to think this.
- Genki Girl: Most definitely.
- Joke Character: Yuri was created by one of the users on the website the story was posted on, and was not meant to have any sort of characterization or depth, just being a bizarre character.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls
- Shipper on Deck: For Julian and Shawn, Wolfgang and Puck, and MANY more.
- Slash Fic: Writes a couple of these, the first being called "The Beast and the Beast" featuring DJ and Ezekiel from Total Drama Island, the second is "The Brick and the Brick" which features Owen and Brick from the same show, and the third involves her OCs Hayden and Dennis and their adventures at a strip club.
- Yaoi Fangirl: It's basically her label.