Fanfic: Total Drama Tokyo
Total Drama Tokyo
is a Total Drama
fanfic by Toadgamer80. This is the fourth installment of the series by this author, and the most advanced and popular, especially compared to the first few
. In this story, twenty-two contestants, ranging from a Yaoi
fanatic to a Rich Bitch
to an Ax-Crazy Cloudcuckoolander Expy
, compete in... well, Tokyo
, to win a million dollars. Chris still hosts, and he has quite a few new tricks up his sleeve, such as radioactive monsters, candied fish tails, and Youkai
You can read the story here.
This fan-fiction contains the following tropes:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Vivienne: All right, this is the last straw. It's raining, we almost got killed by Onis, there's nowhere to sleep, we can't find the key anywhere, and Puck won't stop complaining about his itchy butt.
- Also, this passage from Roz's biography:
"Roz's four main hobbies are riding her motorcycle through extremely dangerous highways, climbing up fifty foot trees, water-skiing in the Pacific Ocean, particularly the shark-infested spots, and reading."
Blood. Centipedes crawling across people's skin. Knives flying out of nowhere and almost stabbing people's heads. Dead dogs in the highway. Vultures that eat human carcasses. Gory, grisly corpses hanging out to dry. Oh, and teddy bears
- Ascended Extra: Mr. Chapman started out as just a person Roz would frequently reference, but then took over the show...
- Author Avatar: Word of God says it's Tolkien.
- Ax-Crazy: Roz
- Bland-Name Product: Luncheons & Laggins, the card game Tolkien is obsessed with.
- Beets by Dray, which are shaped like the vegetable.
- Breakout Character: Flora is a one dimensional character as a joke on slotfiller characters in Total Drama fanfictions. She's also a very popular character, so popular she appeared in the 'all-stars' season.
- Butt Monkey: Puck
- Closet Geek: Ari. Tolkien comes across her Luncheons & Laggins cards one day.
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: Puck flying out of the water on Ol' Humpy and destroying Mr. Chapman's boat.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Delia and Vivienne, they both have pretty good intentions.
- Deadpan Snarker: This trait is very common among the contestants, with Estrella being the leading practitioner.
- The Dragon: Isabel to Layla, although Isabel doesn't know it.
- Embarrassing First Name: Puck's real name is Cornelius Puckerschmidt.
- Expy: Roz, of the canonical Total Drama character, Izzy. Roz is postulated as Izzy's cousin.
- Flat Character: Flora, on purpose. She tries to get people notice her, since she's tired of being boring and one-dimensional.
- Genki Girl: Roz
- Heh Heh, You Said X: Quite a few times with Puck. Also, this:
Chris: Tomorrow, this chappy is getting long.
Roz: Hehehehe. Chappy. Long.
- Jerk Ass: Quite a few, including Anderson, Wolfgang, and Thomas.
- Loony Fan: Casey to a previous contestant.
- Love Triangle: Two happen;
- One in the beginning of the story between Casey, Thomas and Puck.
- One after the merge between Ari, Roz and Tolkien.
- Master of Disguise: Dolph
- Never Say "Die": Averted many times with some of the things Delia and Estrella read.
- Odd Friendship: Roz and Ari. Casey and Puck's relationship is this humorously.
- Rich Bitch: Layla. At least until the ending, where she wins money and gives it to Charles, her butler. Although, in the next season, it's back, with her missing Charles and trying to get others to do her work for her.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Ari and Roz are somewhat like this.
- Shout-Out: Chapter four to Spirited Away, chapter six to Pokémon, chapter ten to My Neighbor Totoro, and chapter thirteen to... Epic Rap Battles of History.
- Wolfgang's line "MY LIFE IS LIKE A FART!" when he's eliminated is a shout-out to Adventure Time.
- Squee: Yuri and Roz are big squee-ers.
- The Cameo: Previous contestants from previous installments make cameos regularly.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Puck and Casey
- Tokyo Tower: The contestants have to climb it in one challenge. Disaster ensues.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Thomas. He started out as a nice, somewhat goofy guy, and turned into a bastard who hated Puck and was extremely jealous of his relationship with Casey.
- World of Ham: Can be this, especially in the final five, when Layla, Roz, Kai, and Puck are four of the five remaining contestants.
- World of Snark: Snarkiness is a very common trait among the contestants.
- Youkai: The challenge in chapter eight involves the contestants traversing the woods to find a key to a treasure chest which is guarded by youkai.