Characters: The Pendragon Adventure
Main CharactersRobert "Bobby" Pendragon
The main character of the series and the Traveler from Second Earth.
- Action Survivor: Starts out as this because he has no idea what's going on and is trying to survive.
- Amazon Chaser: He crushes on Courtney who scares the other boys with her strength of will and merciless competitve streak. He's also attracted to Loor, the Proud Warrior Race Girl with the Simple Staff.
- Big Man on Campus: "School came easy, I kicked ass at sports" etc.
- Catch Phrase: "And so we go."
- Deadpan Snarker: Both in his journals and outside of them, he's never short of sarcasm.
- Dirty Coward: Starts out as this because a Traveler's duty sounds "noble and all" but far too dangerous.
- First-Person Smartass: His journals have a lot of snark.
- Has a Type: He tries to reassure a jealous Courtney by saying that Loor isn't his type but she disagrees. "We can both kick your ass."
- The Leader: He is expected to replace Press as a Charismatic Type in Denduron and lead the revolution. This freaks him out.
- Last Name Basis: To anyone he meets on his adventures, he's known as Pendragon.
- Lovable Jock: He's a great friend to Mark.
- Magnetic Hero: He ends up making friends on all the territories, even if the Travelers aren't initially friendly to him.
- The Protagonist: He narrates the journals and the other half revolves around him.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Before Uncle Press dragged him to a Flume, he was just a kid going to school.
- Took a Level in Badass: In book six; after Saint Dane beats the everloving shit out of him, he decides to take fighting lessons from Loor and Alder.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He's scared of snakes and clowns.
Bobby's best friend since childhood. Despite being a nerd while Bobby was a jock, the two got along very well and had many common interests.
- Ace Pilot: After the time skip. Possibly foreshadowed by the driving skills he displays in the previous book.
Bobby's girlfriend. After years of UST
, they finally hooked up right before Bobby got sent away in the beginning of the series.
- Alliterative Name: 'Courtney Chetwynde
- Heroic BSOD: Following the events of Black Water and the shifts in her life upon entering high school. Fortunately, she finds it in herself to climb out of her funk and take her life into her own hands. Hey, she isn't a Plucky Girl for nothing.
- Lovable Jock: Merciless at volleyball and all business off the court but still a Nice Girl.
- Mouthy Kid: She mouths off to everyone up to and including a police officer.
- Plucky Girl: Her determination is often described as "a girl on a mission."
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Ultimately marries and growns old with Bobby.
The TravelersPress Tilton
Bobby's cool uncle and the one responsible for whisking him away to save the territories.
- Distressed Dude: Captured early on in book 1
- Badass in Distress: Shortly after a firefight with Saint Dune and harpooning a quip, he's snared by some mooks.
- Cool Uncle: Described as such in the first journal entry: an uncle who breathes in with exciting stories and does cool things with nephew, like riding in a jet.
- The Obi-Wan: Bobby's wise old mentor-figure.
- Time Abyss: Rivals Saint Dane in age.
- Travel Cool: Whether it's by expensive motorcycle or by fancy sports car, Press likes to travel in style.
The main antagonist of the series.Loor
The Traveler from Zadaa.
- Statuesque Stunner: She was always taller than Bobby until Raven Rise, when he finally caught up with her.
Loor's mother. She's from the previous generation of Travelers.
- Action Mom: Traveling with her daughter and teaching her how to fight.
The Traveler from Denduron. A young Bedoowan knight.
- Adorkable: Shortly after meeting him, Bobby describes him as a "A puppy with floppy arms and legs."
- Cool Sword: According to his prequel story, it's called Falling Light.
- Parental Abandonment: His prequel story reveals that he's an orphan.
The Traveler from Cloral. Works as an aquaneer.Vincent "Gunny" Van Dyke
The Traveler from First Earth. Works as a bell captain at the Manhattan Tower Hotel.Aja Killian
The Traveler from Veelox. Works as a phader for Lifelight.Kasha
The Traveler from Eelong. Works as a forager.
- Missing Mom: A forager who was killed by tangs, inspiring Kasha's hatred of them and leading her to become a forager herself.
- Refusal of the Call: At first, because she didn't believe any of it was real.
The Traveler from Quillan.
- Cessation of Existence: When she reveals Saint Dane's plans, he cuts her off from dark Solara and then kills her. She just fades away as a result.
- Meaningful Name: Lampshaded by Saint Dane. She is the girl who never should have been. Both because her role as the Traveler of Quillan was originally meant to go to Elli, and because her very existence — as a Traveler born, rather than created — was something completely unanticipated.
Nevva's mother. She was supposed to be the Traveler from Quillan, but declined, so the job was passed to Nevva. After Nevva's betrayal, she took up the job in her absence.
- The Atoner: Accepts the role of Traveler because Nevva betrays the group.
The Traveler from Ibara. Appearing at first to be little more than a thieving delinquent, he revealed himself to Bobby as the leader of the Jakills, a gang of kids devoted to knowing the world beyond their island.
- Rebel Leader: He's the leader of the Jakills.
- Rebellious Spirit: By the time Bobby meets him, he has a complete distrust of authority and is flagrantly disregarding the laws.
- Seeker Archetype: For much of his life, he sought out the truth about the island he lived on and the world beyond it.
The Traveler from Third Earth. Works as a teacher/librarian.
- Badass Bookworm: In his prequel story, he uses both his knowledge and his hiking experience to protect his class on an outdoors field trip gone wrong.
Other CharactersAndy Mitchell
A school bully who occasionally tormented Mark.
- The Bully: "A school bully who occasionally tormented Mark".
Kasha's acolyte and childhood friend.Veego and LaBerge
A brother-and-sister duo who are in charge of the Quillan Games. LaBerge handles the creative side, while Veego runs the technical side.Wu Yenza
Spader's boss. She later becomes his acolyte.Saangi
Loor's younger adoptive sister and later acolyte.Alexander Naymeer
The Traveler of Second Earth in Bobby's absence. Saint Dane has him set up the cult of Ravinia on Earth. He was supposed to be Bobby's mentor, but Saint Dane gave him Mark's ring to prevent that.