open/close all folders
Present Bronze Saints
Andromeda ShunOne of the original Five-Man Band. Concerned for the fate of his dear friend Seiya, he goes to Saori to see how he's doing. It's there that she explains how Hades sword is slowly killing Seiya, and that if they don't manage to destroy it within three days, Seiya will die. He agrees to accompany her on her journey, and winds up as the first bronze saint to return to the past.
- A Friend in Need: Joins Saori on her journey to the past in order to help her save Seiya.
- De-Power: No longer has God Cloth.
- Distressed Dude: Straight from the anime, he's beaten up and Ikki needs to save him.
- Evil Detecting
- Friend to All Living Things: He manages to calm down the Leo Saint's giant lion. One which nearly devoured Suikyo!
- Future Badass: He's not only a saint came from the future but he has been choosen by Shaka to be the successor of the Virgo Cloth.
- Iron Woobie
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Number Two: To Athena since Seiya is in a coma. Still The Chick though.
- Reluctant Warrior: Ikki's reasoning as to why Shun was defeated by Scoumoune despite him being stronger.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Ikki.
- Variable-Length Chain
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Averted, he's back to being brunette.
Pegasus SeiyaAthena's most loyal saint. During the final battle with Hades, Seiya took a direct attack from Hades in order to save Athena. While his sacrifice did lead them to victory, he's become a catatonic Empty Shell, unable to speak or move. In truth, Hades left Seiya with a very potent Curse: Hades' sword of hatred still remains within Seiya. In three days, the sword shall reach his heart and kill him.
- Badass in Distress
- Convenient Coma
- De-Power: No longer has God Cloth, not that it matters considering he's an Empty Shell.
- Empty Shell: For all intents and purposes.
- Hero of Another Story: Another story being the classic manga.
- Limited Wardrobe: Still in his signature red shirt and jeans.
- Non-Action Guy: Comes with the territory when you're stuck in a coma. Becomes rather egregious when Callisto sends Touma to murder him, so Shaina has to come and save the day.
- Race Against Time: If they don't destroy the sword in three days, then Seiya dies.
- Retcon: Guess what, being impaled in the heart by Hades's sword didn't kill him anymore. It just left him cursed.
Phoenix IkkiShun's older brother. When following Shun and Saori, he winds up as the second bronze saint to make the journey to the past.
- Big Brother Instinct: Winds up in the past when following his little brother.
- Calling Card: Leaves one of his phoenix feathers for his brother.
- De-Power: No longer has God Cloth.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He hasn't killed or Mindrape anyone yet. Yeah I know...
- Knight Templar Big Brother
- Playing with Fire
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Shun.
18th Century Bronze Saints
Pegasus TenmaA young orphan who was taken in by Suikyo along with Alone. Although he was selfish as a child, he came to realize the error of his ways and grow up to be a strong, dedicated young man. He's deeply loyal to Alone, who forgave his selfish actions as a child. Suikyo taught him how to burn his cosmo, a skill that would later save his life when he donned the Pegasus cloth in order to free Alone form Hades' possession.
- Anime Hair
- Big Bad Friend: His best friend Alone winds up as the vessel for Hades.
- Bully Hunter: He would always take care of Alone's bullies.
- Expy: of Seiya.
- The Hero: Essentially takes on this role as Seiya is stuck in a coma.
- Honor Before Reason: Defied! He's one of the few saints who realizes that the new saints from the future came to help, so he ignores many reestablished rules in order to help them. He also is willing to work with the Gold Saints whom just a moment ago were trying to murder his best friend because he understands that they had the best of intentions, and are likely his best bet on getting Alone back to normal. There's also his Know When to Fold 'Em moment below.
- Homoerotic Subtext: With Alone.
- His entire talk about the importance of feeling another man's warmth and how that changed his ways.
- Hot-Blooded: He's pretty much a carbon copy of Seiya, after all.
- Identical Stranger: Shun mistook him for Seiya, and mistook Seiya's spirit for him. His character design would be completely identical if his clothes turned red when he put on his cloth.
- Jerk Ass: Was one as a child, but grew out of it.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: When he realizes that Shion and Dohko are simply too much for him, he chooses to hop on his horse with Alone and ride away to safety instead of pushing his luck.
- Made of Iron: Notable in that he hasn't had much experience using a cloth, but he was still powerful enough to impress two gold saints.
- That Man Is Dead: His bratty, selfish self as a child. He's not proud of it.
- We Named the Monkey Jack: He named his horse Pegasus.
18th Century Gold Saints
Aries ShionSee Saint Seiya: Gold Saints
- Animal Motifs: Bull
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Extremely aggressive a not near as Nice Guy as Aldebaran was.
- The Big Guy
- Defiant to the End: With his encounter with Geruda Suikyō.
- Expy: Of Aldebaran.
- Honor Before Reason: Subverted. He eventually lets Shun and Tenma pass.
- Killed Off for Real
- The Worf Effect
Gemini Cain and Abel
- Cain and Abel: And ironically, Abel is the evil one.
- Expy: Of Saga.
- Evil Brunette Twin: Abel has darker hair than Cain.
- Shadow Archetype: To the point their names are written with the kanjis of "Light" and "Shadow".
- Split Personality: Taken to the extremes. Cain and Abel litteraly can't appear at the same time. If Cain is being dominant, Abel dissapears and viceversa. They even go to the extreme to call each other their own shadow. Abel even implies that he's a second personality created by Cain to throw into Abel all his evilness.
- Animal Motifs: Crab
- Boisterous Weakling
- Dirty Coward
- Evil Redhead
- Expy: Of Deathmask.
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: He himself admits that he'll just defect to the winning side.
- I Surrender, Suckers: His way to deal with specters is convice them he's on their side for them to low their guards so Deathtoll can send them back to Yomotsu, inside coffins this time.
- Sissy Villain
- Animal Motifs: Lion
- The Beastmaster: He has a giant lion named Goldie who also helps guard the sanctuary.
- Bad Ass: The first one to face off with Suikyo and win.
- Honor Before Reason: Even when Goldie makes it clear that Tenma and Shun mean no harm, he still doesn't let them through.
- Undying Loyalty: To Athena.
- We Named the Monkey Jack: He named his lion Goldie, which can cause some confusion, as the gold saints are often referred to as Goldies by western fans, particularly the impossibly huge Latin American following.
- Armor Is Useless: Played straight when Pisces Cardinale fired a rose through his Gold Cloth.
- Expy: Of Shaka, but his role mirrors that of Aiolos.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Enlightenment Superpowers
- Red-Headed Hero
- Time-Delayed Death: He was hit by one of Pisces Cardinale's roses. He took it out but he's slowly bleeding out. Athena heal him as thanks for protecting her.
Libra DohkoSee Saint Seiya: Gold Saints
- Animal Motifs: Fish
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- '80s Hair: Averted, his hair is actually a cute little layered bob.
- Expy: Of Aphrodite.
- Flower Motifs
- Redemption Equals Death
- Short Hair with Tail
The Satallites are Artemis's equivalent to Athena's saints. They're warriors dedicated to protecting the moon goddess, almost completely consisting of women archers.
- Homoerotic Subtext: For Artemis.
- Number Two: Is this to Artemis.
- Rapunzel Hair: A really long '80s Hair
- Woman in White
- Annoying Arrows
- Boisterous Weakling
- Hoist by His Own Petard:She was about to finish Shun off when Ikki appeared and threw one of her arrows back at her.
Gods and Goddesses
Athena/ Saori KidoAfter Hades' defeat, Saori takes care of the comatose Seiya. She eventually discovers that Seiya's heart is slowly being penetrated by Hades sword of hatred, which will kill him in three days. Saori chooses to save the life of the man who did so for her so many times and travel back in time in order to destroy Hades' sword in the previous holy war.
- Action Girl <—> Faux Action Girl: Zig-zagged. She starts off taking an active role in return Seiya back to normal, even risking her own skin by personally going to the past (along with Shun) to complete her mission. Then she gets turned into a baby and becomes completely defenseless against her enemies, requiring help from Virgo Shijima to stay alive. Then, in Chapter 61, it's Double Subverted when she ages up to a 7-year old girl and proceeds to kick Pisces Cardinale's ass.
- A Friend in Need: She intends to save Seiya for all of what he did for her.
- De-Power: She's a baby now and looses her God Cloth. She does age a little bit e takes some levels in badass later.
- Important Hair Cut: She used her hair to barter with Hecate.
- Living MacGuffin: Not anymore, as of Chapter 61.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Artemis.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Averted, she's a brunette.
ArtemisThe Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt, and sister to Athena. Athena goes to her seeking a means to travel back in time in order to destroy Hades' sword and save Seiya. Artemis is so touched by her sister's devotion to Seiya that she agrees, and helps Saori make contact with Chronos, the god of time.
- Action Girl
- Black Eyes of Evil: She's not necessarily evil but...
- Blondes Are Evil: Again a subversion since she's not evil per se but quite aggressive anyway.
- Lady of War: She lives up to her title of Goddess of the Hunt.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Athena.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: She is genuinely worried for Athena.
- The Faceless
- For the Evulz: The only justification given for his turning Athena into a baby is that it was a "prank" for her arrogance.
- The Voice
HadesDuring the climactic battle between Athena's saints and Hades in 1999, Seiya intervenes before Hades gets the chance to finish off Athena. It's then that the God of the Underworld recalls how in a previous life, the Pegasus Saint was a close friend of his...
- Big Bad Friend: In 1999 it was Shun he took control of. This time it's Alone, Tenma's best friend. In fact, the manga opens with him remembering how in a past life he was close friends with the Pegasus Saint.
- Demonic Possession
- Everybody Hates Hades
- Foregone Conclusion: No matter what happens, he still winds up skewered by Athena in 1999.
- Generation Xerox: Shun was not the first pure-hearted boy close to a Pegasus Saint he possessed.
- God of Evil
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
SuikyoTenma and Alone's childhood caretaker. He left the sanctuary after the death of his younger brother due to illness. He saved Alone and Tenma from freezing to death as children, and taught the latter how to use his cosmo and left him with the cloth box for the Pegasus Cloth.
- Bad Ass
- Even Evil Has Standards: He is not a fan of Deathtoll's Heel–Face Revolving Door practices.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight
- First Episode Spoiler: The fact that he defected to the Underworld Army is treated as a plot twist, but happens about three chapters in.
- I Did What I Had to Do: He defected because the Specters are holding his brother's soul hostage.
- Killed Off for Real
GriffonA specter with the power to control other people's movements.
AloneTenma's childhood friend, and a skilled painter. He's incredibly kind and selfless. He's tricked into taking Hades' sword by Pandora, invoking his possession by Hades.
- And I Must Scream: It's implied that he's still aware of himself within the darkness of Hades' soul, calling out to Tenma for help.
- Meaningful Name
- Pure Is Not Good
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Tenma.
- Technical Pacifist
- Girlish Pigtails: One in the side of her head.
- I Was Quite Cute
- Really 700 Years Old
- Simple Staff
- Token Mini-Moe
- Vain Sorceress: She tricked Saori and Shun in order to take a handful of Athena's hair, in order to make a potion to regain her youth.
- Wicked Witch —> Cute Witch
- Wild Card
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green