open/close all folders
Voiced By: Banjo Ginga (JP), Herman López (LA Spanish)
A pupil of Shaina and one of the main contenders for the Pegasus Cloth, which he loses to Seiya. He mostly serves as Shaina's right hand man.
- Badass Normal: Cassios is strong enough to fight Saints if they are not invested fully in the fight, as Shun and Shiryu learn. He wasn't a candidate for the Pegasus armor for nothing.
- The Brute: He has no special techniques, only brute force.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: In the manga.
- Dumb Muscle: Didn't even know about the cosmos when he fought Seiya the first time. Seiya even called him dumb.
- Ear Ache: Got his cut by Seiya during their fight for the Pegasus Cloth.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He truly cared for his Sexy Mentor Shaina.
- Hellish Pupils
- Heroic Sacrifice: He takes Seiya's place and dies during the fight with Leo Aiolia, in order to wake Aiolia from the control of Saga's Genro Mao Ken. Not for Seiya, mind you, but to avoid Shaina the pain of losing the man she loved.
- Laser-Guided Karma: When he first fought Seiya, he liked to threaten him with taking apart his limbs bit by bit, and offered to start with his ear. That very same fight it's he who loses his ear to Seiya.
- Mauve Shirt
- Monstrosity Equals Weakness: He is stronger than average, but weaker than an actual Saint.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Because the Cosmos is everything; with him in particular this is very relative, as he is strong enough to kick Shun and Shiryu's asses in order to prevent them from fighting Aiolia, showing that he is more than capable of fighting Saints if they are caught unaware. A normal man would have been shred to pieces by Aiolia and he was still standing when the barrage ended.
- Not Drawn to Scale: He get's pretty big at times during the first episode. When the twelve Houses arc rolled around they found a more realistic height.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: In the beginning, he mocks Seiya for his Japanese heritage, saying that only Greeks should be able to inherit the Cloths. To be fair, quite a few of the other Saints in the beginning also expressed this opinion.
- Undying Loyalty: To Shaina.
Jaki (Anime Only)
A former apprentice who was cast down as a candidate for saint for his violent tendencies and penchant for murder.
- Ax-Crazy: He love the violence. His cruelty is the reason of his failure as Saint.
- The Brute: Has a enormous strength.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Has blonde hair and tan skin.
- Disney Villain Death: He dies after falling off a cliff.
- Filler Villain: An anime-only character that fight Marin in the middle of the Twelve Temple arc.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Giant Mook: A former Saint apprentice who failed to achieve his goal.
- Loves the Sound of Screaming
Gigars (Anime Only)
Gigars is Pope Arles' second-in-command.
- Brain Washing: What he did to the Crystal Saint.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: When Gigas sees that Ikki has killed the Saint of the Flame, he and the guards who accompanied him sanctuary run away. Since then disappears and does not see him again.
- The Dragon: Gigas was at first the personal adviser to the Pope Arles and who commands and directs the missions of the Saints of Sanctuary of Athena.
- Evil Chancellor: Gigas is the personal adviser to the Pope Arles and who commands and directs the missions of the Saints of Sanctuary of Athena.
- Evil Mentor: To Phaeton.
- Eyepatch of Power: It's actually a freaking diamond.
- Filler Villain: He and Phaeton appear only in the anime.
Ohko (Anime Only)
Voiced By: Kazuhiko Inoue (JPN), Marcos Patiño (LA Spanish)
Ohko is a former pupil of Libra Dohko and Shiryu's former sparring partner. He was rejected by Dohko due to his violent ways.
- Animal Motifs: Tiger.
- Cain and Abel: In the childhood friends sense, to Shiryu.
- Deceptive Disciple: Played straight with he and Libra Dohko. Though Ohko was more of a JerkAss than anything.
- Delinquent: He was quite powerful, but he had a violent temper, breaking the rules and seeking fight with whoever he could.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Shiryu's. Before dying, the hatred that Ohko held for the one who prevented him from becoming a saint disappeared, and the brother-like affection for him returns. So he dies more or less in peace in Shiryu's arms, asking him to go on forward.
- Dub Name Change: Demetrios in italian's dub.
- Filler Villain: Appears in two anime-only episodes.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Shiryu's blue.
- The Rival: To Shiryu for the Dragon's Cloth.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: Played straight, his animal motifs is a tiger and he fight Shiryu that has a dragon as motifs.
Phaeton (Anime Only)
Gigars' second-in-command and eventual successor.
- Evil Redhead: Has red hair.
- Filler Villain: He and Gigars appaer only in the anime.
- Spell My Name With A B: Also known as Bhaton.
- Smug Snake
- The Unreveal: Is never stated if he is a Saint or not.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Disappears after the Sanctuary's battle.
Ikki's only friend an love interest at Death Queen Island, a slave in the manga and Guilty's daughter in the anime. Noted for her marked resemblance to Shun.
- Abusive Parents: In the anime, she was Master Guilty's daughter. In the manga, she was a mere slave girl sold to Guilty's crew.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Very sweet and very cute
- Break the Cutie: She was nearing complete breakage when she's first seen, but then...
- Florence Nightingale Effect: With Ikki.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Holds the distinction of being the only person on Death Queen Island who showed Ikki any measure of kindness.
- Identical Stranger: A genderflipped and blonde Shun. Lampshaded by Esmeralda and Ikki themselves:Esmeralda: What, Ikki? You thought I was your little brother again?Ikki: Ah yeah, sorry about that. You guys look alike so much, except for your hair and eye color...
- Innocent Flower Girl: She loved flowers. A delicate wreath of fresh flowers adorned the cross he had fashioned for her the day she died.
- Kill the Cutie: Guilty killed her in front of Ikki's own eyes. At least he got the anger he was looking for when that happened...
- Evil Mentor's Beautiful daughter : In the anime.
- The Lost Lenore: To Ikki in the Anime.
- The Medic: He cares for Ikki after training sessions by sneaking in the dungeon where he was resting.
- Morality Pet: she and the Saint are this for Ikki.
- Offing the Offspring: Anime-only.
- One True Love: Ikki doesn't show it much, if at all, but considering that Ikki was willing to kill a perfect illusion of his own beloved younger brother, and still admits to Kassa that had he searched his mind more thoroughly and found Esmeralda earlier, he would have fallen for his trap, then hell yes she's this.
- Related in the Adaptation: To Master Guilty. Which arguably makes her treatment by him even worse.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth
Voiced By: Rossy Aguirre (Latin America)
Eurydice is Orpheus' significant other and a penitent woman embedded in stone in the middle of Hell.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Averted, she's not a villain at all.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: With Orpheus.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Felt guilty that Orpheus was always sad and won't leave her side after death.
- Starcrossed Lovers: With Orpheus.
- Taken for Granite: She's a literal lump of rock from the shoulders down.
Jacob is a young boy that lives in Cygnus Hyoga's hometown.
- Break the Cutie: Anime-only, when Crystal went Brainwashed and Crazy and enslaved everyone in the village. Jacob managed to escape and broke down in tears when Hyoga came to help him. He manages to get better, though.
- Cheerful Child
- Innocent Bystander
- Tagalong Kid: For Hyoga whenever he's in Siberia, and for the duration of the Natassia side story.
Kiki is a Lemurian boy from Jamir who is Aries Mu's apprentice. He is often tasked with aiding the Bronze Saints.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He often tends to mock people.
- Distressed Dude: To be fair, he is much younger than the teenaged Saints.
- Facial Markings: The symbol on the forehead.
- Human Subspecies: He's Lemurian.
- Psychic Powers: Has a strong telekinesis power, which he can use on humans, telepathy and even teleportation.
- Tagalong Kid: For the Bronze Saints in the Poseidon Arc, and for Muu in every other chapter.
- Say My Name: MU-SAMA!
Little Helen (Anime Only)
A girl who lives with her grandfather close to the volcano where Ikki dwells to recover.
- Break the Cutie: Poor little girl has it rough. Surprisingly, she manages to bounce back and get better.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hairstyle.
- Heroic By Stander: Being near Ikki when he's recovering makes her a target of Shiva and Agora. She manages to hold on.
- The Ingenue
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Has blue eyes.
- Plucky Girl: This is the girl who, after helplessly watching her grandfather's murder at the hands of Shiva and Agora and being thrown alive inside a burning volcano, manages to hold on the burning rock walls and climb her way up, which gives a dying Ikki his Heroic Resolve back.
- Women in Refrigerators: Thankfully averted: Shiva and Agora do invoke the trope and try to fridge her with the volcano deal, but she survives.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Tries to deal it to Shiva and Agora. It backfires.
Voiced by: Naoko Watanabe (JP)
A childhood friend of Seiya and the caretaker of the orphanage where both her and Seiya grew up.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Poor girl doesn't even get to tell Seiya her feelings proper before she and the orphanage are unceremoniously chucked out of the narrative.
- Dub Name Change: "Lamia" in Italian.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hairstyle.
- Nice Girl: Is really patient with the children at the orphanage.
- Out of Focus: When she was first introduced, she and Seiya knew each other well, and even had a bit of Ship Tease due to her one-sided crush on Seiya. By the time the Hades arc rolls around and she's finally referenced again, Seiya can only remember the poor girl as that little girl he made cry one time when he stomped in the flowers. Even when the panel itself had her with a nametag.
- Team Mom: She chose to stay at the orphanage she was raised in and became this to the children there. The anime had her in the vicinity of three troublesome kids most of the time she was given some screen, plus she explains to Seiya that she's good with kids so she voluntarily asked the director if she work for the same place.
- Tsundere: When she was young.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Has blue hair and is very shy.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Seiya.
The mysterious head of the Kido Foundation, Mitsumasa Kido is a Japanese multimillionaire who adopted Saori Kido as his granddaughter and a multitude of children that wound up growing up to be the Saints of Athena.
- Abusive Parents: And how, considering that the Bronze Saints are his biological kids (manga) or his pupils (anime)...
- The Chess Master: He starts the Graude Foundation and uses it to find his large number of children (or locate and pretty much abduct a just as large number of orphan boys) that, in the future, become the Bonze Saint and Athena's protectors.
- Kansas City Shuffle: In the manga he changes the appearance of the Sagittarius Cloth on purpose, to the point that the Silver Saints think it is a fake.
- Karma Houdini: Sacrifices his own children, gets to die of old age before any of them could make him bleed for it.
- Really Gets Around: Well, he fathered all those young Saints to different women...
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: He holds the Galactic Tournament and reveals the Saints to the world, much to the cringe of Sanctuary. They don't take it well.
- Secret Keeper: He keeps hidden that Saori was the reincarnation of Goddess Athena, who reincarnates in a human being every 100 years.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He arranged for a bunch of boys (either his biological sons or helpless orphans, depending on the version) to be subjected to lots of abuse and Training from Hell, because he sincerely believed that it'd help to save the world. The anime shows that he was very aware that the boys would suffer horribly and wasn't happy with the idea itself, such as when he tells Saori about the boys' future as her Saints and tells her to treat them well when they return.
Voiced by: Akiko Tsuboi (JP) and DorothéeJemma (FR)
Natassia was Cygnus Hyoga's mother who perished after her ship sank in the Arctic Ocean, leaving the ship stranded from the thick icy surface. She is the main reason Hyoga became a Saint.
- Cursed: In the DiC dub. While trying to protect young Hyoga, an evil sorcerer attacked. She was so weak and alas they were too strong. Now she sleeps in the bottom of the ocean awaiting the day that her beloved son, Hyoga will win the Gold Cloth and use its power to wake her up. Believe it or not, this is the summary that Hyoga gave while using his surfer accent.
- Human Popsicle: She died when the ship sinks into the icy sea near Siberia. As the ship sunk in the icy sea, her body remained uncorrupted.
- Missing Mom: To Hyoga. Having the ability to visit her frozen tomb was the real reason who drove Hyoga to became a Saint.
- Posthumous Character: Natassia is a recurrent character in Hyoga's memories, and this was used many times by his enemies, to make him remember the grief he felt when he lost his mother. Except the DiC dub (see above).
Voiced by: Yuriko Yamamoto (Classic Seika), Satsuki Yukino (Non-classic Seika)
Seika is Pegasus Seiya's elusive older sister, whose disappearance plagues Seiya.
- Break the Cutie: After that his brother Seiya was taken away from her.
- Cool Big Sis: To Seiya and Miho.
- Easy Amnesia / Identity Amnesia: She had lost his memory immediately after arriving in Greece, following the footsteps of his brother and falling into a ravine.
- Waif Prophet: What she became with time.
Shunrei is Dragon Shiryu's childhood friend and love interest, who is also under the care of Libra Dohko.
- Anime Chinese Girl
- Damsel in Distress: The major example is when Deathmask, annoyed by her prayers for Shiryu, throws the girl in the waterfall trying to kill her.
- Dub Name Change: "Fior di Loto"(Lothus' Flower) in Italian, probably a literal translation of her name.
- Implied Love Interest: Of Shiryu. They're married in the non-canon work Saint Seiya Omega.
- Plucky Girl: Has her moments, specially in the anime.
- Satellite Love Interest: To Shiryu.
- Shower Scene: The only one in the entire series to feature a girl.
- Supreme Chef: She's said to be an excellent cook, and the kids love the sweets she give them
- The Power of Love: Her prayers reached out to Shiryu while he was in the Land of Spirits.
Tatsumi is Mitsumasa Kido and later Saori Kido's personal butler. He is the executor of the Kido Foundation in Saori's absence.
- Battle Butler: He is apparently good at kendo. Not that it does him any good in a show where superpowered boys are the rule.
- Butt Monkey: He always tries to be strong and protect Saori but even the Sanctuary soldiers can defeat him. Is the series' comic relief.
- The Dog Bites Back: Ikki comes back six years after the huge beatdown Tatsumi gave him, and after his fiery entrance he makes a vow before the crowd to make him pay for what he's done. And he fills it right there.
- Characterization Marches On: He starts as a rather flat and downright abusive retainer for the future Saints, later develops as a man who was honor-bound to protect Saori (while still being rather unpleasant to the saints), and ultimately was the series' comic relief.
- Dumb Muscle: He's pretty strong and will fight for Miss Saori even if the odds are stacked against him, but not too smart.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Karma Houdini: The fact that Tatsumi hasn't been tortured to death by the same Saints he abused as children is nothing short of a miracle.
- Kick the Dog: Beats young Ikki pretty bad by tying him upside-down with a kendo stick and kept telling him that his sacrifice of going to Death Queen Island doesn't matter since Shun was going to a worse place.
- Jerk Ass: He brutally abused the kids at first, specially Ikki.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: But he genuinely cared for Saori, whom he helped raise after Mitsumasa Kido's death.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Follows Mitsumasa Kido and later Saori Kido through the 100 orphan controversyand when Sanctuary was going after Saori for being a False Athena.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction when he sees Ikki really survived Death Queen Island.
- Secret Keeper: Always knew that Saori was Athena, and kept his mouth shut per Kido's instructions.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He started the series being an abusive jerk, he develops a more likeable personality towards the saints as the series advances.
- Would Hurt a Child: While he probably wouldn't hit a 100% civilian kid, he sure applies lots of Corporal Punishment to the Kido Fundation boys who, in his view, stepped out of line. And then, the boy he "disciplined" the most returned...