Characters: Saint Seiya Mariners
- Affably Evil: Very polite and soft-spoken, until she fights.
- But Now I Must Go: Anime-only, when she changed back to her mermaid form and leaves.
- Cry Cute: "Milord Poseidon... now you're back to being Young Julian Solo..."
- Dark Chick: While she does have the fighting abilities, she's more of a messenger than a frontline fighter.
- Happily Ever After: In the end of the Poseidon Arc in the manga, Thetis changed back into a fish. Jullian/Poseidon comes back and finds her dead fish body and holds it gently in his hands. In the anime, it was happier where Thetis changes into a mermaid and you can see her leaping in and out of the water with the good guys staring at the sunset.
- Designated Girl Fight: Though she does give Shaina quite a run for her money.
- Lady of War
- Meaningful Name: Thetis is a goddess of the sea and leader of the Nereids (sea nymphs) in Greek Mythology. As well as the mother of Achilles.
- Our Mermaids Are Different
- Perky Female Minion
- Mythical Name: After one of the Twelve Titans from Greek mythology. The mother of the rivers, springs, streams, fountains and clouds.
Sea Horse Baian
- Defiant to the End : Prefers to go down fighting towards Shun despite being bound in chains, trying to block Shun's direct attack (via Libra Cloth's weapons) on the pillar he protected. Shun is very impressed at his Undying Loyalty to Poseidon and expresses sadness at his passing.
- The Beastmaster: His power is to summon the abilities of six creatures.
- Mythological Name: From Io the sea nymph in Greek Mythology.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Real Men Wear Pink: Gave Shun a very hard fight and died awesomely.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Tries to keep Shun from destroying his pillar by shielding his body. Unfortunately, he never had a chance due to him being bounded up and the pillar itself being too big to protect all of it.
Sea Dragon Kanon