Characters: Fantasia Otome Game Series
The cast of the Fantasia Otome Game Series
and associated tropes.
in this sense merely refers to having been mentioned by name at the very least.
open/close all folders
Debuts in Fantasia: Realm of Thanos
Spoilers for the ending of Realm of Thanos
and the subsequent games are marked.
Cheryl Nielsen, later Cheryl Leingold
Cheryl in Before Requiem, physically aged 19.
"I wanted to show you that this world is already beautiful as it is... There's no need to change it...
" — Cheryl in Realm of Thanos
A black-haired girl who came to Fantasia from Earth after being contacted by the mysterious "White Lady".
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her eyes are dark brown in Realm of Thanos, but dark gray in Requiem of the Abyss.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Cheryl is the Gentle Girl to Oswald in Realm of Thanos. She can also be this to Leon, if on his path.
- Brown Eyes: In the original game, Realm of Thanos, her eyes were dark brown.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Other than the fact that she tried to Murder the Hypotenuse, Vestoria, in one of the non-canon endings, in Before Requiem it is also shown that she has always been envious of Vestoria's position in Oswald's heart even after she and Oswald were married.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Elemental Hair: Inverted as she has black hair but practices light magic when she grows up.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Cheryl is quite a wonderful cook.
- Girl Next Door
- Gray Eyes: In Requiem of the Abyss, her eyes look gray.
- Happily Married: After Realm of Thanos.
- How Dare You Die on Me!: To Oswald in the True Ending.
- Official Couple: With Oswald.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Before she came to Fantasia.
- Light 'em Up: Cheryl gains some new powers once she becomes an immortal in Requiem of the Abyss.
- Player Character
- Pink Means Feminine: Cheryl wears pink in Realm of Thanos.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Stepford Smiler: Type A. Cheryl seems like a lighthearted, carefree young girl, but she's actually hiding all of the pain the death of her family caused her by acting like it's nothing and not thinking about it.
- The Chosen One: She was the only one who could save Fantasia from complete obliteration, since she was had suffered as much as the ones who hold the keys.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Women Are Wiser: As compared to Oswald when they are a couple.
- Woman in Black: Cheryl in the Ultimate Dark Ending.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: In Requiem of the Abyss, she has been shown to be a dignified lady who cares much for her family and supports her husband.
- Yandere: In one of the endings, she kills Vestoria to be with Oswald.
Oswald as a Demon Lord in Realm of Thanos.
Oswald in Before Requiem.
"Living Forever Is Awesome
The thousand-year-old Demon Lord who is the main villain of Realm of Thanos and also Cheryl's main love interest
. Appears to be 19 years old. He marries Cheryl by Before Requiem.
- Absurdly Youthful Father: To Valen Leingold in Requiem of the Abyss. As Oswald has the permanent appearance of a 19-year-old, this was to be expected.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys
- Ax-Crazy: And how!
- Badass Long Coat: You've gotta admit, the Demon Lord has style.
- Big Bad: Of Realm of Thanos.
- Black Knight: In a sense, but only when you're not on his path.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: He is the Brooding Boy to Cheryl's Gentle Girl, in Realm of Thanos.
- Casting a Shadow
- Elemental Hair: Inverted. He has white hair but uses dark magic.
- God in Human Form
- God of Evil
- Handsome Devil
- Immortality Begins at Twenty
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Completely Inverted. Big Bad in Realm of Thanos, he becomes a caring family man in Requiem of the Abyss, while still keeping his Smug Snake personality.
- Jerk Ass —> Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Cheryl makes his Hidden Heart of Gold shine through.
- Large Ham
- Likable Villain: Aside from Oswald's amusing snide remarks, he has a very Tragic Backstory. You can't help feeling at least a little bit sorry for the guy. He also treats Cheryl fairly nicely during the whole game, and is not planning to destroy the world just For the Evulz. And, being the main love interest, he had to have some redeeming qualities.
- Living Forever Is Awesome
- Love Hurts: Poor, poor Oswald...
- Noble Demon: At the beginning, Oswald could have easily killed Cheryl and not suffer the risk of her foiling his Evil Plan, but, instead, he let her live, claiming that "seeing her fail would be more enjoyable." The Starry Night festival is also a good example of why Oswald is a Noble Demon.
- Official Couple: With Cheryl.
- Overprotective Dad
- Power Gives You Wings: Oswald when he reaches the peak of his power. Played for Laughs when he says "The wings are cool and all, but they get in the way. Better remove them, I'll only need the power anyway," and makes them disappear.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Oswald's eyes are normally pink, but when he's fighting...
- Really 700 Years Old
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed by Vestoria to keep him from trying to Take Over the World while she tries travels to our world to find Fantasia's savior. It doesn't last long, however. Early in the game, Oswald breaks free from the seal.
- Shipper on Deck: He only approves of Cain as a possible husband candidate for his daughter, Valen.
- Sinister Scythe: His Weapon of Choice.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Smug Smiler
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pineapple salad.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Oswald wants to Take Over the World so he can fix what the "foolish mortals" have done and bring it stability again. How he plans to do that? Enslaving said mortals, burning down villages, raiding towns with his demon army, and so on.
Leon in Before Requiem, in his late twenties.
"Nobody deserves to live. Not after what they've done to me.
" — Leon in Realm of Thanos
who works for the King. He is a half human who is treated as a living weapon
. By the end of Realm of Thanos
, marries Melodia Sanchez
and becomes the official King's general of Seldrus
Ian in Before Requiem.
" — Realm of Thanos
15-year-old black-haired boy who wears a scarf and seldom talks. Cheryl first runs into him when walking down a street, but he doesn't say a word, merely staring at her the whole time. He is very timid and silent, and when he talks his voice is barely audible. At the end of Realm of Thanos
, he starts a guild which would later by Memento of Grand Finale
become the Pacifist Alliance Organization
. In Before Requiem
, he meets Nydia Calantha and later is married to her.
Gil in Before Requiem, aged 20+.
Green-haired half-elf who is later revealed to be the cousin of Leon
. Seems anti-social and manipulative at first, but is a very calm person. At the beginning of the game, he wears a hood (thus covering most of his face), but when the game goes on, he'll remove the hood and reveal his face.
- God in Human Form
- Herald: Arguably, her main role in the game aside from being part of Oswald's backstory is getting Cheryl to Fantasia in the first place.
- Mysterious Waif: She seeks Cheryl's help because her home world is dying and never quite explains who she is or why she's there. We later do find out, though.
- The Watcher: Vestoria acts as a guide in the beggining of the game, directing Cheryl and helping her along in her mission to save Fantasia.
- Woman in White: Cheryl even dubs her "White Lady" before she knows her name.
Melodia Sanchez, later Melodia Xaverius
Melodia in Realm of Thanos.
Melodia in Before Requiem.
A maid of Seldrus castle. Ends up making a Beta Couple with Leon, and has a daughter named Ciel.
Xirara Athruna, later Xirara Roughknight
"I'll prepare it for you! Xirara's ultra love-love dish!
" — Xirara in Realm of Thanos
A happy-go-lucky elven girl with blond hair. Ends up married to Gil, and has a son named Raven.
The princess of Seldrus Kingdom. After she becomes Queen, she becomes a loving mother to Klavios as seen in Before Requiem.
Thanos in Before Requiem, as a teenager.
Thanos in Memento of Grand Finale.
Oswald's Other Self and the Rebel Leader in Memento of Grand Finale.
- Badass Long Robe
- Big Bad: In Requiem of the Abyss.
- Evil Twin: During the second game and before his Heel-Face Turn, Thanos was this to Oswald. Technically.
- Evil Uncle: Again, during the second game, and again, technically.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Thanos has come a long way since his soul nommer days in Ro T.
- Hair Color Dissonance: To the extent that people think his hair was brown.
- In the Hood
- Karma Houdini: Thanos in Rot A, in the endings other than the True End. He caused the deaths of so many, and perhaps even the lives of Valen herself or the guy she is after (or maybe even Oswald and Cheryl), and what happens to him? In a good/best end, he is defeated, but fades away with a smirk and saying that he will still be there, just without a form anymore. And in a bad/normal end, he survives. Grinning. And even in the True End he doesn't die - just that you don't hate him anymore. Then again, who ever hates Thanos?
- Leitmotif: Realm of Thanos in Realm of Thanos, though it also serves as a general "evil" theme for Oswald. In Memento of Grand Finale, his Leitmotif is "Thanos' Theme".
- Magnificent Bastard
- Manipulative Bastard: He can be very persuasive.
- Only One Name: Thanos has no surname because he's merely Oswald's Other Self.
- Really 700 Years Old: If you count the time gap between Ro T and Mo GF, he's roughly 240-250 years. And that's NOT counting the years before the first game.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Even more than Oswald's.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Guavas.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Poor guy's been through a lot.
Cain Albaderon, later Cain Leingold
Cain in Before Requiem, physically aged 10.
Cain in Requiem of the Abyss, physically aged 17.
"But is that all?! Do I stop here? No! The faces of my friends... Seeing them happy, seeing them content is what means the most in my life!
A demon who first appeared as a child in Realm of Thanos
with a minor role, and reappears in Requiem of the Abyss
's Canon Love Interest
and her childhood friend
, though she does not remember this.
Debuts in Fantasia: Requiem of the Abyss
Spoilers for the ending of Requiem of the Abyss
and beyond are marked. All spoilers in Realm of Thanos
are not marked.
Valencia "Valen" Athanae Leingold
Valen in Requiem of the Abyss, age 17.
Valen as a child in Before Requiem.
"Null Spell - Requiem of the Abyss!
The 17-year-old daughter of Oswald and Cheryl.
- Blue Blood: The Leingolds are considered nobles in Seldrus Kingdom.
- Bodyguard Crush: On Cain.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Boy Meets Girl: Valen and Cain.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter
- Children Are Innocent: Young Valen doesn't understand death when she was first faced with it.
- Elemental Absorption
- Elemental Hair: During the rare times when she uses magic, she tends to use Dark magic thanks to her father's teachings.
- Faux Action Girl: She is said to be an immortal with quite a bit of skill taught by her dad, but she can never really fight. Almost every correct choice in the game that does not give you a bad end requires for her to run away from the situation.
- The most notable exception is probably Raven's path, in which Valen escapes the Barracudas - a rebel group led by Nazim's sister - by kicking their asses with her own magical power. Aside from that though, she doesn't get to do much.
- Heroes Want Redheads: If you're on Cain's path.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Well, Oswald's an immortal while Cheryl is a human - WAS a human... Actually, forget that.
- Player Character
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Just like her dad, if Valen is pissed off, her eyes turn red. Normally, they're pink.
- Tearful Smile: To Shea before he dies.
- Technicolor Eyes: Pink.
Gil's son. A green-haired boy who is a tad bit obsessed with new technology.
A Blue-haired boy of the Nomad Tribe. He's energetic and friendly, though not too bright.
Purple-haired 15-year-old boy who is a tad bit obsessed with money.
Brown-haired Navendel Prince from the Kingdom of Valdrox. Freaked out by women.
- Badass: He learned to fight on his own. By personally going after bandits. The only reason he doesn't fight more often in the story is his status as a prince, and just how much Hell it would mean for his people if something were to happen to him.
- Cannot Talk to Women
- My Greatest Failure: He blames himself for his little sister's death. When they were children, he wanted to chase after a blue butterfly into the desert. He lost track of her and she was killed by bandits.
- Why Did It Have To Be Women
- The Wise Prince: Very clearly believes in seeking peace, breaking the war-waging tradition set by his forefathers. He's also outright stated to be the "mature and dependable" type. Cares about his people above all else.
Blond-haired human prince from the Kingdom of Seldrus. Is a playboy.
Leon's daughter and a good friend of Valen's.
Vahn Xaretros, later Vahn Xaverius
Ciel's fiance, and a relative of Nazim's.
Shea (Sirius Vermilion)
Shea as a child in Before Requiem.
Shea as an adult in Before Requiem.
The Dark Sea Nymph - A blue haired demon who serves under Thanos before his Heel-Face Turn
. When he was still alive, he was a half-human who was discriminated against, and longed to become a great mage.
A small fairy who guards the mana spring. Falls in love with Cyrus.
Serenade Xaretros, later Serenade Zanarkand
A rebel female navandel who travels the seas.
Anna Bevallos/Anna Tribe
Debuts in Fantasia:Before Requiem
Though Before Requiem
is chronologically set around the time of the Crimson War before Requiem of the Abyss
, it is highly recommended that it be played after Requiem of the Abyss
as it further explores many of the backstories of the characters in Realm of Thanos
and Requiem of the Abyss
, many of which would return in Memento of Grand Finale
With that in mind, it should be noted that spoilers of Realm of Thanos
and Requiem of the Abyss
will not be marked.
"What else is there to say... Sirius?"
Era in her twenties.
Era as a child.
Sirius Vermilion's childhood friend and sweetheart, an elf who specializes in fire magic. She teaches Sirius how to summon Loki.In Memento of Grand Finale, she comes back as a demon who joins the Guild as a D-Ranked Spellcaster.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Long, flame-red hair, golden brown eyes, a fiery personality...
- Childhood Marriage Promise: With Shea.
- Black Magician Girl
- Boobs of Steel: As an adult. Subverted in that she is not a physical fighter.
- Brown Eyes
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Dull eyes of rage.
- Dying Curse: To Sirius.
- Elemental Hair: Red hair, uses fire magic.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Devil wings, as a demon.
- Hair Decorations
- Facial Markings: Under her right eye is a marking of an elf. Even as a demon, she still has it, as demons continue to retain the physical aspects of their earlier race before they slowly start gaining more and more animalistic features.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Side ponytail on the left side of her hair, when she was still alive.
- Fiery Redhead
- Improbable Hairstyle: As an adult, she apparently has enough hair to maintain two braids, a side ponytail, and still leave enough for bangs thick enough to hide her elven ears.
- Ojou: When she was still alive.
- Playing with Fire: Born in the month of Ignis.
- Meaningful Name: Seraphina means "fire", which is her main element.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Sparkling Stream of Tears
- Tights Under Shorts: Her outfit in Memento of Grand Finale.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots.
Mari in Before Requiem.
An orphan who wandered about the streets of Seldrus. A close friend of Raven's, and later of Klavios as well.
Nydia Calantha, later Nydia Vanguardion
Nydia in Before Requiem.
A woman from Ian's village who was away from it when it was frozen. When the village returned to normal, she was greatly shocked to realize that time had also frozen, and nobody could recognize her. Later, she is married to Ian Vanguardion, and is the ancestor of Zephyr and Nero Vanguardion.
Farah in Before Requiem.
Nazim's little sister. Killed by Seldrus soldiers during the war.
Aeron in Before Requiem.
Xander Du Gray
Lumina Nullam, later Lumina Du Gray
Debuts in Fantasia: Memento of Grand Finale
Spoilers from Realm of Thanos
, Requiem of the Abyss
and Before Requiem
An orphan with unknown links to the Pacifist Alliance Organization as well as to the immortals.
- Action Girl
- Cool Pet: Lenarche's Freau, Chewy.
- Doorstop Baby
- Hair Decorations
- Elemental Absorption
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She either bunches her hair up into two pigtails or cuts it completely during the war.
- Farmer's Daughter
- Hair Color Dissonance: Her hair is brown, but this particular shade appears blond on some computer screens, leading to some fanart of her being drawn with pale blond hair.
- I Am Who?: Lenarche does not know her true identity; in fact, she decides to join the Guild for the sole purpose of finding out who she actually is.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Light 'em Up: Born in the month of Luminarium, but she can use all elements, albeit rather weakly.
- Love Before First Sight: Oswald, of all people.
- Mysterious Past: As stated above, Lenarche doesn't know a thing about her origins.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Her diary.
- Parental Abandonment: Lenarche was found abandoned outside the Organization doors. It is unknown who really left her there.
- Player Character
- Shipper on Deck: For Forte and Marine, and also for Zephyr and Meliora.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chestnuts.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Worthy Opponent: Lenarche was the only person in the history of newbies to ever knock out Quatro Leader Zephyr Vanguardion. It was a tie though, since she got knocked out herself at the same time. And woke up much later than he did. But hey, who has ever tied with Zephyr?
Green-haired descendant of Ian Vanguardion. Zephyr is the son of the Guild Leader, Helberg Vanguardion.
Zephyr's distant relative, a descendant of Vahn and Ciel Xaverius.
The son of Brutus Roughknight and Elise Vanguardion, which means that he is a descendant of both Ian Vanguardion and Gil Roughknight.
A descendant of Volg and Rossa Tribe, and an A-Rank Fighter who aspires to become the Quatro Leader for the Fighters.
Avalon's younger twin brother, carefree and light-hearted. A C-Rank Diviner because unlike his brother, he inherited magic powers from Volg.
The Crown Prince of Seldrus, and a descendant of Klavios and Serenade Zanarkand.
The son of Cheryl's ex-crush, who accidentally ended up in Fantasia.
Euphemia "Euphie" de'Renquold
Daughter of the de'Renquold family who knows not to speak out of place.
Eugenus "Eugene" de'Renquold
Son of the de'Renquold family. Calm and studious.
A B-Rank Researcher of the Guild, slightly shy but gets along well with Lenarche.
A B-Rank Spellcaster, Marine's older twin sister, and Nero's Ex-Girlfriend. Lenarche dislikes her because of her attitude. Wishes to get closer to Zephyr.
A woman who mans the mission desk of the Guild. Avalon's first friend.
Lenarche's best friend whom she meets during guild entrance testing.
The Chef's daughter, who enjoys cooking with vegetables. She is prone to conspiracy theories
, much to Nero's exasperation.
Nero's little sister, an excellent healer.
The Great Leader of the Pacifist Alliance Organization, and Zephyr's father.
Severin Du Gray
Helberg Vanguardion's most trusted advisor and an A-Ranked Diviner. Is a descendant of Nazim Xaretros.
Selena Du Gray
Severin's sister, deceased.
The head of the de'Renquold noble family, and the father of Euphie and Eugene de'Renquold.
The wife of Stephanus de'Renquold, and the mother of Euphie and Eugene.
See "Era" in the Before Requiem
Lenarche's Ex-Boyfriend, currently dating Marissa.
Lenarche's younger brother. An Ascended Fanon
Aimee Junea Andrey
One of Alviss Tribe's most obnoxious Yandere
fangirls. A Diviner of the same rank, and an elf.