open/close all folders
Introduced in Don Pachi
The operator has never been named anything other than "Operator" although in SaiDaiOuJou
she at least has a face. In DonPachi
the operator was a very excited man.
ED01 Hibachi / ED02 Inbachi
The ultimate weapon of the enemy robot forces, it is a gigantic bee that can shoot out a lot of bullets. Pictured to the right is not Hibachi itself, but rather, its regeneration chamber in DaiOuJou
since Hibachi is actually too small to get an accurate image of (since it would be covered in bullets and lasers half as large as itself). It first appeared in DonPachi
as the True Final Boss
, although considerably larger than it was in DoDonPachi
- Alternate Character Reading: In DaiOuJou the characters of it's name are written to be "scarlet bee" and in SaiDaiOuJou it's "sun bee"
- Big "NO!": In SaiDaiOuJou, when defeated: "Why... Me?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
- Calling Your Defense: In SaiDaiOuJou. "BARRIER!"
- Creepy Doll: Inbachi made two of them in the pattern of the two bonus bosses of Death Smiles IIX, and gave the evil bunny one to Hibachi.
- Cute and Psycho: in SaiDaiOuJou Mainly applies to Hibachi, Inbachi's just Psycho.
- Defeat Means Playable: In the mobile port of DaiFukkatsu, reaching and defeating her on a single credit will allow you to play as her in arrange mode.
- The Dragon: To Colonel Longhena.
- Everything's Worse With Bees: Really, what could be worse than a mechanical bee that fires an obscene amount of bullets?
- Emotionless Girl: Inbachi, her alternate, much harder form in SaiDaiOuJou. Although when low on health, she shows a few hints of anger for a moment.
- Evil Twin: Inbachi is the more evil twin to Hibachi in SaiDaiOuJou
- Genki Girl: In SaiDaiOuJou
- Giggling Villain: In SaiDaiOuJou
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Inbachi in her warning screen in SaiDaiOuJou.
- Half-Human Hybrid: In SaiDaiOuJou her second form makes her half-mechanical-bee
- Incendiary Exponent: In Do Don Pachi, where it uses flaming bullets.
- Joshikousei: Inbachi dresses like one.
- Killer Robot: It is considered the ultimate weapon of the enemy forces for a good reason!
- Meaningful Name: Its name means "Fire Bee"
- Mega Twintails: Inbachi wears her hair in this pattern.
- Moe Anthropomorphism: Takes on a human appearance in SaiDaiOuJou.
- Nostalgia Level: Her attacks in SaiDaiOuJou are all taken from the Hibachis of other games.
- One-Winged Angel: Returns to her insect appearance for her final pattern in SaiDaiOuJou
- Palette Swap: As Zatsuza in DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu
- Pintsized Powerhouse: When compared to the other bosses Hibachi is tiny.
- Power Gives You Wings: In SaiDaiOuJou
- Robot Girl: in Saidai Oujou, she's an element daughter.
- Secret Character: In Dai Fukkatsu iPhone (a.k.a. DoDonPachi Resurrection)
- Shouting Shooter/Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: "DAADADADADADADADADADADADAAAAAA!!"
- The Stoic: As Inbachi in SaiDaiOuJou, until her Villainous Breakdown where she shows hints of anger on low health.
- Suddenly Voiced: In SaiDaiOuJou
- Transforming Mecha: In Dai Fukkatsu
- True Final Boss: In all games in which it appears.
- Unwilling Roboticization: Her goal in SaiDaiOuJou is to turn all of mankind into machines, apparently to protect them. Applies more to Hibachi than Inbachi.
- We Can Rebuild Him: The plot of Dai Ou Jou is that it is being rebuilt after it was destroyed in Do Don Pachi. It returns yet again in Dai Fukkatsu as, once again, the tool of Colonel Longhena.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Inbachi wears a lower-grade form.
Introduced in Do Don Pachi
Colonel Schwarlitz Longhena/Longhener
The mysterious commander of the DonPachi Corps throughout the whole DoDonPachi
game series (excluding DonPachi
Introduced in Do Don Pachi Dai Ou Jou
DFSD-010 Shotia & Shooty
Voice: Yuzuki Asakura
She was a playable character in Dai Ou Jou
focusing on shot power and quantity of bombs. She returns in the form of Shooty as the boss of stage 5 of Dai Fukkatsu
, now many times more powerful than ever before. She is described as being pure and faithful - formerly to her human pilot, and now in her obedience to Next EXY.
DFSD-014 Leinyan & Ray'n
Voice: Mizuki Yamaguchi
She was a playable character in Dai Ou Jou
focusing on laser power. She returns in the form of Ray'n as the boss of stage 4 of Dai Fukkatsu
, still focusing on laser attacks. Once again she returns in Dai Fukkatsu
' in Arrange Mode A as Leinyan as she was in Dai Ou Jou
- Beam Spam: As a boss in Dai Fukkatsu, going with the fact that she was the Ray / Laser type in Dai Ou Jou.
- Chinese Girl: She wears a stereotypical chinese dress, and one piece of artwork for DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label EXTRA shows her serving dim sum at the mess hall.
- Creepy Doll
- Humongous Mecha: As Ray'n
- Interspecies Romance: Her ending in Dai Ou Jou shows she has truely and emotionally become attached to her pilot who she cannot bear being away from and defies the odds to be with him.
- Killer Robot: As Ray'n
- Meaningful Name: In Dai Ou Jou she is the Ray / Laser type.
- Robot Girl
- Show Some Leg: She wears a stereotypical chinese dress which exposes her legs.
- Transforming Mecha
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: She was originally designed for peace and to protect, but her programming was changed into this. In her ending in Dai Ou Jou, she has to be forcefully pulled away from her pilot, and even THEN.....
FSD-002 Exy & Next EXY
Voice: Ryo Terashima
She was a playable character in Dai Ou Jou
being excellent at both shot and laser power but having the fewest number of bombs. She returns in the form of Next EXY as the boss of stage 2 of Dai Fukkatsu
, physically now the weakest of the original Element Dolls. She is responsible for rebuilding the killer robot army and traveling back in time to 2008.
She is introduced in DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label EXTRA
and is focused on being able to gain Hyper items more often. On the other hand, she starts with no bombs and her Hyper mode has a shorter duration. She is a prototype for a planned mass-production run of Element Dolls. Her programming is incomplete and her emotions are not fully developed. She only learned how to smile when her pilot smiled.
Introduced in Do Don Pachi Dai Fukkatsu
Voice: Shizuka Tsuji
She is the poster girl for Dai Fukkatsu
and has white pantsu
. Her original design was intended to assist senior citizens and make humans feel more comfortable. She is now the boss of Dai Fukkatsu
Voice: Saki Ogasawara
The boss of Dai Fukkatsu
stage 3, she supposedly has the highest potential power out of all the Element Daughters.
Introduced in Do Don Pachi Maximum
Ingram K. Daugh
A lead researcher at EVAC Industry
. In the trailer for Maximum
, he is shown boasting EVAC's military forces, and challenges the player to try out EVAC's Maximum Bullet Simulator (read: the game) to experience firsthand and develop appreciation for EVAC's advancements.
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: On the Maximum website, Daugh and his guide answer various FAQs.
- Fun with Acronyms: Ingram K. Daugh. "IKD" is short for Tsuneki Ikeda, one of CAVE's most prominent programmers.
- Large Ham
- Self-Imposed Challenge: On the Maximum FAQ, he suggests that the player try out various such challenges if the game becomes too easy for them. One such example:
Q: This game is too easy for me. What shall I do?
A: What!? Our Danmaku war machines are too easy for you? At the end of the last stage
...Oh wait, you should see that yourself.
Q: What I consider that "easy" as well?
A: Play the entire stages with one finger.
Introduced in Do Don Pachi Sai Dai Ou Jou
She is the Element Doll for the Type-A ship (red, straight-forward shot, fast movement speed) in SaiDaiOuJou
. She has an extremely aggressive personality and believes that the best defense is an even better offense.
She is the Element Doll for the Type-B ship (green, turning shot, medium movement speed) in SaiDaiOuJou
. Since she is a relatively new model, she is uncertain about herself and always looks to her pilot for guidance.
She is the Element Doll for the Type-C ship (blue, wideshot, slow movement speed) in SaiDaiOuJou
. She has a calm personality, is as quiet as a mouse, and calculates her decisions carefully.
She is the Element Doll for the Type-D Ship (Xbox 360 mode)
- Announcer Chatter: With the Operator
- Bittersweet Ending: Saya defeats Hibachi and saves the world, but she is saddened into tears as Hibachi comments how strong Saya has become and that she loved her. We all cry with her.
- Bodyguard Crush: She's very precoucious and always wants to do her absolute best to help out and please her pilot with a smile.
- Cast from Hit Points: Her special beam attack and her bombs are used from her energy meter with the former draining it the longer she uses it while the latter costs 2000 energy units to use. You can restore it by grabbing the green badges as you do combos while Saya is in Hyper Mode.
- Difficult, But Awesome: Saya has a shot where her options can track the enemies' position while she shoots, her beam weapon is pretty strong and her special weapon packs a punch. However, Saya has one life per play and the special weapon in quesiton is Cast from Hit Points as well as her bombs and once Saya gets hit when her energy meter reads 0, that's all she wrote! Thankfully, you can continue right where she left off. One can say that X-Box 360 mode is Expert Mode for those who have truly mastered the game.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: She enters it once her confrontation with Hibachi enters its boiling point. You have to earn it throughout the game, though!
- Girlish Pigtails
- Little Miss Badass: In the hands of an expert, Saya can REALLY plow into the battlefield just by being there.
- Robot Girl
- Third-Person Person