open/close all folders
Shuuichi Akai aka Rye
An FBI agent who had previously been a part of the Black Organization as codename, Rye, before his cover was revealed.
He chases after the Black Organization in the present time.He was supposedly killed at the end of the Kir arc to implant Hidemi Hondou back as a spy in the Black Organization. At the moment he is hiding under the persona of Subaru Okiya.Mandatory Naming Note
: See The Danza
- Badass: One of the few people who have proven themselves a match for both Gin and Vermouth, the Organization's most dangerous agents.
- Cold Sniper: He's a rather aloof and intimidating guy even without a sniper rifle in his hand, but...
- Friendly Sniper: Overall he's a pretty decent guy and actually gets along well with Conan.
- The Danza: He's voiced by Shuichi Ikeda, where the "Aka" in "Akai" comes from Char Aznable of Mobile Suit Gundam, who drives a red mecha.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He looks quite sinister, especially in Ran's flashback when he had black hair as long as Gin's, but he's definately a good guy.
- Face of a Thug: Conan (and others) describe him as an evil-eyed man. He's a bit intimidating, but he's not that bad.
- Faking the Dead: Currently living as Subaru Okiya.
- The Mole: Infiltrated the Black Organization and became "Rye".
- Red Herring: Was setup make readers think that he was Gin in disguise
- The Stoic
Ethan Hondou Hidemi and Eisuke's father who dies to make sure his daughter gets planted safely in the Black Organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: "Hondou" comes from the Japanese pronunciation of Bond. As in, James Bond.
Meanwhile, "Ethan" comes from Ethan Hunt from the recent Mission: Impossible
A high ranking FBI agent and the superior to Jodie
, Akai, and Andre.
- The Lestrade: He's basically the FBI version of the Tokyo police force's Juzo Megure.
- Mistaken Identity: During his first appearance, he was mistaken by the Japanese media to be the wealthy American sponsor of a popular circus that was visiting Japan. Unfortunately, so did some kidnappers looking for a ransom.
A recurring FBI agent who feels in-debt to Akai due to an error he made in a past Black Organization case
- The Atoner: He volunteers to be the solo driver of the truck housing Kir to partially make-up for his past mistake.
- Badass Driver: During the time when he was tasked with deliberately transporting Kir back to the Black Organization, his superb driving skills allowed him to position the vehicle he was driving that was rigged with explosives such that he could escape from it unnoticed when it exploded.
- Busman's Holiday: Has a strange tendency to get caught up with the Mystery of the Week during his off-duty appearances.
- Face of a Thug: Which got him suspected as the culprit during a murder case.
- My Greatest Failure: How Andre feels regarding a past case that was meant to capture the Black Organization's Gin. At a warehouse where Akai, under his Rye alias, was going to meet Gin and have him forcibly arrested by a squad of FBI agents, he left his post when he noticed an old man walking in the area and told him to leave due to the area being dangerous. What Andre failed to realize was that this old man was a scout of the Black Organization making sure that the meeting between Akai and Gin was safe from outside interference. Not only did this expose Akai of being an FBI agent to the Organization, but Andre also believes that this led to Akai's girlfriend, Akemi Miyano, being murdered.
- Red Herring: He was thought to be the Black Organization's spy during the Haido Central Hospital arc.