TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Characters: Detective Conan Eagleland Law Enforcement
open/close all folders
Jodie Starling (alias: Jodie Saintemillion)
Ran and Sonoko's English teacher.She was believed to be the Black Organization's Vermouth, but is actually an FBI agent looking into its whereabouts; unaware that the real Vermouth has been using her image as a disguise to hunt for Ai Haibara.After her FBI status is revealed, she resigns from her teaching job and is seen taking part in cases; most of which involve the Black Organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling
Shuuichi Akai aka Rye aka Subaru Okiya
(SPOILER AHEAD) Click here to see his appearance as Subaru Okiya
An FBI agent who had previously been a part of the Black Organization as codename, Rye, before his cover was revealed.
He chases after the Black Organization in the present time.He was supposedly killed at the end of the Kir arc to implant Hidemi Hondou back as a spy in the Black Organization. At the moment he is hiding under the persona of Subaru Okiya.Mandatory Naming Note
: "Aka" in "Akai" comes from Char Aznable of Mobile Suit Gundam
, who drives a red mecha. "Shuichi" is part of his voice actor's name
Hidemi Hondou (alias: Rena Mizunashi aka Kir)
A popular TV reporter.She is actually Kir of the Black Organization, but is then revealed to be Hidemi Hondou, a CIA spy having infiltrated the organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: See Meaningful Name
- Big Sister Instinct and Cool Big Sis: To Eisuke, especially seen in their flashback. She also has this shade to a boy who stalk her because she resembles his dead mother.
- Broken Bird: Her father forced her to kill him to hide her true identity.
- Intrepid Reporter: Actually, an Action Girl and The Mole.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: with her young brother, Eisuke. Rena is Action Girl, The Mole, a CIA agent who infiltrate Black Organization. Eisuke is cute clumsy Dude Looks Like a Lady.
- Meaningful Name: 007how? .
- The Mole: She is actually a CIA agent.
- Self-Made Orphan: Very tragic case, since it was less about hate and more about having to...
- Shoot Your Mate: She shot her father to hide the fact that they were CIA moles infiltrating the Dark Organization.
- And again, she has to do this to Akai. Per orders of That Man himself. Somehow, however, he survives.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Eisuke and Hidemi look a LOT like each other, and said similar looks top off Conan about their familiar bond. She also looks a LOT like her mother◊ with the exception of their hair color.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She acts cold and efficient when with the Organization, but her kind nature often shines through. Hence why Gin and That Man don't always trust her.
- In the manga, she looks far less malicious than she was in the anime, though. Thus most readers don't have difficult times to guess that she's in the good side all along.
Ethan Hondou Hidemi and Eisuke's father who dies to make sure his daughter gets planted safely in the Black Organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: "Hondou" comes from the Japanese pronunciation of Bond. As in, James Bond.
Meanwhile, "Ethan" comes from Ethan Hunt from the recent Mission: Impossible
A high ranking FBI agent and the superior to Jodie
, Akai, and Andre.
- Cool Old Guy: He even wants to listen to Conan.
- The Lestrade: He's basically the FBI version of the Tokyo police force's Juzo Megure.
- Mistaken Identity: During his first appearance, he was mistaken by the Japanese media to be the wealthy American sponsor of a popular circus that was visiting Japan. Unfortunately, so did some kidnappers looking for a ransom.
- Parental Substitute / Like A Daughter To Me: seems to have this relationship with Jodie, because her father is his fellow FBI partner.
- Secret Keeper: Akai has revealed that James already knew all along from the beginning about Akai's faked death. But he kept it a secret from everyone in FBI because Akai asked him not to tell everyone about it.
A recurring FBI agent who feels in-debt to Akai due to an error he made in a past Black Organization case
- The Atoner: He volunteers to be the solo driver of the truck housing Kir to partially make-up for his past mistake.
- Badass Driver: During the time when he was tasked with deliberately transporting Kir back to the Black Organization, his superb driving skills allowed him to position the vehicle he was driving that was rigged with explosives such that he could escape from it unnoticed when it exploded.
- Busman's Holiday: Has a strange tendency to get caught up with the Mystery of the Week during his off-duty appearances.
- Face of a Thug: Which got him suspected as the culprit during a murder case.
- My Greatest Failure: How Andre feels regarding a past case that was meant to capture the Black Organization's Gin. At a warehouse where Akai, under his Rye alias, was going to meet Gin and have him forcibly arrested by a squad of FBI agents, he left his post when he noticed an old man walking in the area and told him to leave due to the area being dangerous. What Andre failed to realize was that this old man was a scout of the Black Organization making sure that the meeting between Akai and Gin was safe from outside interference. Not only did this expose Akai of being an FBI agent to the Organization, but Andre also believes that this led to Akai's girlfriend, Akemi Miyano, being murdered.
- Red Herring: He was thought to be the Black Organization's spy during the Haido Central Hospital arc.