Characters from Blood-C
An upbeat, cheerful, and kind girl who trains under her father as a miko and is a very skilled sword fighter. Those outside of her family are oblivious to her duty as a hunter of Furukimono, or monsters that inhabit the town.
- Action Dress Rip: Saya rips off part of her school skirt and turns it into an Eyepatch of Power in episode 12.
- Action Girl
- Adorkable: Oh, is she ever!
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Her true personality fits this to a T.
- Anti Heroine: Becomes one by episode 12.
- Bad Ass
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Close-up during the OP.
- Boobs of Steel
- Break the Cutie: Let's just say the second half is not very kind to her.
- Broken Bird: In Blood-C: The Last Dark.
- Chaste Heroine
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: In the first episode, her classmates say she is usually late for school because she goes to help lost children and grandmas and pick up trash.
- Cool Sword: Her mother's sword.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Cuteness Proximity
- Daddy's Girl
- Eye Scream: Aside of, you know, having half her head blown off by Fumito.
- Failure Heroine: Taken to a gruesome extreme.
- Fake Memories: Most everything Saya remembers that isn't from a flashback is fake.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girl Next Door: To Fumito.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: She usually has Tareme Eyes, but in her Let's Get Dangerous moments they become Tsurime Eyes.
- Gray Eyes: Unless she's kicking a vampire's ass.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her established klutziness, Saya is REALLY good at sports.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Hunter Of Her Own Kind: Subverted; she does not hunt her own kind for any honorable, heroic or moral reasons.The only reason that she hunts them at all is only due to an unknown pact made long ago that forbids her from killing or devouring humans. If she could, she would have no quarrel with her kind.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Late for School
- Magic Skirt: Tossed, flying through the air, feet first.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died when she was a child. Or so she thinks.
- Nice Girl: Saya is a bright, cheerful, kind, and all friendly person to everyone and everything around her. However, It is later revealed that she is far from this.
- Nominal Heroine: In Blood-C: The Last Dark (and quite possibly the show itself); Saya only sides with SIRRUT to further her quest for vengeance against Fumito.
- Oblivious to Love
- Rapunzel Hair
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She "loves" Fumito because he's a Nice Guy.
- Specs of Awesome
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: Whenever Fumito is involved Saya completely looses her cool and fly's into an uncontrollable, homicidal rage.
Saya's father and the priest at the shrine where he and Saya reside.
Saya's neighbor and the owner of Guimauve, a coffee shop near Saya's home.
Nono and Nene Motoe
Twin sisters who are also Saya's schoolmates.
A classmate of Saya's who often has lunch with her.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe
(Japanese), Chris Burnett (English)
The class president. He has a crush on Saya.
A quiet classmate who harbors a secret interest in Saya.
Saya's homeroom teacher.
An unusual puppy with strange marks on his body who is usually seen near Saya, who finds that it can actually speak.
- Shout-Out: The dog states he owns a shop where wishes are granted, hinting at the possibility of being Kimihiro Watanuki from CLAMP series xxxHolic (who Jun and Todd also voiced).
- This eventually becomes true in the movie.
- Talking Animal
The Elder Bairns (The Furukimono)