Characters from Blood-C!
- Action Dress Rip: Saya rips off part of her school skirt and turns it into an Eyepatch of Power in episode 12.
- Action Girl: Any scene of her fighting the Elder Bairns can tell you this.
- Adorkable: Oh, is she ever!
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Her true personality fits this to a T.
- Anti Heroine: Becomes one by episode 12.
- Badass: She's capable of taking down Elder Bairns, which can terrorize and devour humans like cattle.
- Badass Adorable: Despite going on missions to kill monsters she's an otherwise sweet and charming young high school girl. Though this fades once she gets her memories back.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Close-up during the OP.
- Boobs of Steel: Sports quite the rack and is the only half-human female who's capable of fighting.
- Break the Cutie: Let's just say the second half is not very kind to her.
- Broken Bird: In Blood-C: The Last Dark.
- Chaste Heroine: Other than some implied interest in one of her classmates, she has no romantic relationships.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: In the first episode, her classmates say she is usually late for school because she goes to help lost children and grandmas and pick up trash.
- Cool Sword: Her mother's sword.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: For much of the series, she comes across as being completely inept at saving people from the monsters. Then you find out it's because she subconsciously doesn't care but could, in a heartbeat, if she truly felt like it.
- Cuteness Proximity: Whenever she sees the dog she feels the needto stop and pet him.
- Daddy's Girl: She's very close to her fake father.
- Eye Scream: Aside of, you know, having half her head blown off by Fumito.
- Failure Heroine: Taken to a gruesome extreme.
- Fake Memories: Most everything Saya remembers that isn't from a flashback is fake.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girl Next Door: To Fumito.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: She usually has Tareme Eyes, but in her Let's Get Dangerous moments they become Tsurime Eyes.
- Gray Eyes: Unless she's kicking a vampire's ass.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her established klutziness, Saya is REALLY good at sports.
- Humanoid Abomination: She's actually half Elder Bairn.
- Hunter Of Her Own Kind: Subverted; she does not hunt her own kind for any honorable, heroic or moral reasons.The only reason that she hunts them at all is only due to an unknown pact made long ago that forbids her from killing or devouring humans. If she could, she would have no quarrel with her kind.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: As part of her "game" with Fumito.
- Late for School: Usually because she sees a puppy she wants to pet...
- Magic Skirt: Tossed, flying through the air, feet first.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died when she was a child. Or so she thinks.
- Nice Girl: Saya is a bright, cheerful, kind, and all friendly person to everyone and everything around her. However, It is later revealed that she is far from this.
- Nominal Heroine: In Blood-C: The Last Dark (and quite possibly the show itself); Saya only sides with SIRRUT to further her quest for vengeance against Fumito.
- Not So Stoic: Whenever Fumito is involved Saya completely looses her cool and fly's into an uncontrollable, homicidal rage.
- Oblivious to Love: As the twins point out, she really can't tell when a guy is interested in her.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has the qualities and is noted to be quite attractive. In fact, once she's revealed to be part Elder Bairn, her teacher comments on her inhuman beauty.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Usually means she's going to kick some ass or drink blood.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She "loves" Fumito because he's a Nice Guy.
- The Stoic: When she learns of the Truman Show Plot.
- Survival Mantra: In the first episodeSaya: Ikutama, Tarutama, Tamatamarutama. Amenotokotachi no Mikoto, Kuninotokotachi no Mikoto. note
- This is an actual Shinto prayer.
Voiced by: Keiji Fujiwara (Japanese), Bill Jenkins (English)Saya's father and the priest at the shrine where he and Saya reside.
- Birds of a Feather: Non romantic example. His half human nature made him sympathize and get along with Saya.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-Elder Bairn.
- Panthera Awesome: His One-Winged Angel form looks something out of ThunderCats (1985).
- Big Bad: He set up the entire town as part of a "game" with Saya.
- Bastard in Sheep's Clothing That nice cafe owner is a royal douchebag.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: All over Episode 12. He knew that his subordinates would try to betray him and made them fake talismans.
- Driven to Suicide: Stabs himself with Saya's sword since he found that he is incapable of being the same as Saya and that his attempts of making new Elder Bairns failed.
- Human Resources: His goal is to create Elder Bairns from humans so that Saya would never run out of her food supply.
- Nice Guy: Or so he seems.
- No Body Left Behind: His body turns to ash after he stabs himself with Saya's sword.
- Self-Made Orphan: Kills both his and his cousin's family.
- Walking Spoiler: The biggest one in a cast full of them.
- Yandere: For Saya.
Nono and Nene Motoe
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Implied pimps, and complete jerks.
- Creepy Twins: After dropping the facade.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Nono gets caught by an Elder Bairn, held upside down via her legs and split apart like a wishbone
- Identical Twin ID Tag: The braid in their hair is the only way to tell them apart.
- Metronomic Man Mashing: Nene gets smashed into a pulp on the pavement. Almost a mercy kill in comparison to her sisters fate...
- Noodle Incident: We learn that they did something REAL bad in the past and they were jailed for it. We get a clue in episode 12 when they say that the fake uniforms are cute and that they should get a bunch for "the girls" to wear. This suggests they were pimping out a bunch of girls and got caught for it.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Trying to cross the boss gets them this treatment.
Voiced by: Masumi Asano (Japanese), Martha Harms (English)A classmate of Saya's who often has lunch with her.
- Karma Houdini: Never receives any punishment for her involvement with the Truman Show Plot, and even becomes Governor of Tokyo during Blood-C: The Last Dark.
- Older Than She Looks: She's 28 years old, to be exact, but can pass as a high school student.
- Sole Survivor: The only member of the group who wasn't dumb enough to betray Fumito, and not being a townie Red Shirt, is what keeps her from meeting the rest of the towns fate.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe (Japanese), Chris Burnett (English)The class president. He has a crush on Saya.
- Becoming the Mask: He was told to pretend that he loved Saya... and fell in love for real.
- The Mole: According to Kuroto in Blood-C: The Last Dark, he was sent in as a spy.
- Sheep in Sheep's Clothing: The only decent participant in the Truman Show Plot.
- Token Good Teammate: He's the only one of the "main cast" who's actually concerned about Saya.
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese), Scott Freeman (English)A quiet classmate who harbors a secret interest in Saya.
- Off with His Head!: Gets his dome reaved off.
- Only in It for the Money: And his greedy nature bites him in the end.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Cue the beaheading.
Voiced by: Miho Miyagawa (Japanese), Lydia Mackay (English)Saya's homeroom teacher.
- Hot Teacher: Boy, howdy...
- Shout-Out: The dog states he owns a shop where wishes are granted, hinting at the possibility of being Kimihiro Watanuki from CLAMP series xxxHolic (who Jun and Todd also voiced).
- This eventually becomes true in the movie.
- Talking Animal: He's a small dog who regularly converses with Saya. Subverted when it's revealed that he's simply a medium used by Watanuki to communicate.
The Elder Bairns (The Furukimono)
- I'm a Humanitarian: They must eat humans to survive. For this reason a covenant was made between them and man to ensure humanity wouldn't be wiped out.