Saya's Eye will never heal, is the price of a wish: to become capable of killing humans
- Jossed, by the last shot in the movie trailer after episode 12. Unless we're looking at a reflection, for some reason.
fumito will use saya`s blood for military purposes.
Saya is Saya from Blood+
under a different last name.
This is hinted at by the brief flashes of what looks like her fighting Chiropterans.
The teacher is an Elder Bairn
She did know the story, or at least one ridiculously close.
- Jossed. Kanako was a researcher looking to publish Saya's story.
- Yup. They were never dead to start with.
Tokizane knows about Saya and the Elder Bairns
This is why he is so protective of her.
- He does, she told him on episode 8, then he died on episode 10.
- He knew the whole time, as did everyone else in town.
Elder Bairns and humans come from the same source
Their name means Elder Children, which may mean that they are humanity's "older sibling"
- In episode 6 one of the twins does become a monster
Saya is a Vampire
which is why her eyes glow red
This is also hinted at when we see increasing amounts of shots of her blood cells.
- Nope. She's an Elder Bairn.
The dog is an Elder Bairn
He does seem to watch over Saya in at least one of her battles, and causes a reaction in her.
Saya's mother was an Elder Bairn
She fought the Elder Bairn and her daughter is definitely not normal.
- Jossed. She never existed to begin with.
Saya has amnesia
Pretty simple, we see her trying to catch a light in her mind, that later looks like a sword and is accompanied by flashbacks to someone fighting Elder Bairns.
- Confirmed. Her memory was being suppressed by whatever Fumito was putting in her coffee.
Saya's mother didn't fight Elder Bairns
It was just Saya before she lost her memories.
- Episode 6 suggests that her memories weren't lost, so much as removed or hidden by her father. He managed to put her to sleep with a simple hand gesture.
- Confirmed, sort of. Saya's memories were suppressed by Fumito, not Tadayoshi, and she has been fighting Elder Bairns for a long time.
Saya's dad is manipulating her to a evil purpose.
He does love her, but he believes it is for the greater good.
- He was a helpless pawn to Fumito, just like Saya.
Fumito-san behind the whole plot.
Or... he's on the bad guys's side.
- Confirmed as of Episode 12.
Saya isn't actually her father's daughter.
She is being raised as a weapon, she was found similarly to Blood+
!Saya, she's her dad's Replacement Goldfish
for his wife.
- Semi-confirmed. She's not Tadayoshi's child, but he never had a wife to begin with, and she wasn't raised by him.
Yuka is Saya's sister queen.
A scene in the OP makes her seem to know more than she lets on.
- Yeah, episode 9 pretty much put that one to rest. And put Yuka to rest with it.
- Episodes 11 and 12 bring the possibility back, especially when Yuka said that she looks young enough for her age to act as a high school girl when she's old enough to be involved in politics.
Yuka's on the bad guys's side.
Like the above WMG.
- As said above, she's dead. She wasn't on the bad guys side.
- Episode 11 reveals she wasn't really dead, and WAS working with the bad guys.
Saya's teacher is researching her.
A lá Dr. Julia from Blood+
, she said that, in that school, she had a chance to research something she wouldn't be able to see anywhere else, all this while talking to Saya.
- Confirmed by Kanako herself.
Tokizane has another form - the dog.
That's why he is also constantly fatigued and late to class.
- That would be impossible, since in episode 4, they would be in the same scene, it can also be Fumito or the Teacher though...
- Actually, they're not. If you look closely the dog disappears right before Saya falls from the tree, followed by Tokizane cushioning her fall at the bottom of the tree. A stretch because of location, yes, but doesn't rule him out...
- Jossed. Tokizane said Bye-Bye in episode 10.
- With him being offed for real in episode 12, and the dog appearing again, he definitely wasn't the dog.
- Since it starts to talk it's pretty obvious the dog is Watanuki from xxxHOLiC.
If the singing starts again, run!
No, not for the obvious reasons. Saya is eventually going to lose control. It's pretty much guaranteed. And, when that happens, she will become a happy cheerful schoolgirl... who likes to kill people. And she WILL sing her happy song.
- Unlikely, considering how different Saya becomes when her memory returns at the end.
Saya will be forced to kill all her friends.
They will all slowly become monsters, until she has to kill them.
- Jossed, considering only one ultimately survives, and they were never her friends in the first place.
The dog is actually
Nene's death scene was a Shout Out to Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica, they were both killed in the Wham Episode for shock value, both died the same way and the name MOTOE is an anagram of TOMOE.
- A part of Saya's subconscious trying to warn her.
- A fox.
- Saya's mother.
- The Dimension Witch.
- A Witch; take your pick of which.
- The extended trailer for the movie shows Watanuki, making him almost confirmed to be the dog.
As Saya's visions become more and more clear, we see images of a train car getting splattered with blood, along with flashes of what is clearly a chiropteran. I posit that these are flashbacks from the opening scene of Blood: The Last Vampire
- Extremely likely considering the final episodes and that scene at what seems to be the base.
The Elder Bairns feed on fear.
Why is it that Itsuki
survived the attack on the school? Because, unlike everyone else, he fought back
- He didn't die because he wasn't an extra.
The Guimave Saya eats had blood in it
Fumito mentions that its color is based on whats in it, and Saya seems to like them an awful lot....
- The coffee is rather suspect too. I don't think Saya's father drinks different coffee from hers because it's decaf. I think his is deblood.
Saya's father is a vampire/ elder bairn.
The cuts on Fumito's arm is from being fed on
- The Elder bairn also seem to be on a First Name Basis with him and haven't tried attacking him when he's alone so far. The one in ep 10 completely ignored him standing 3 feet away but immediately went after Tokizane.
- Confirmed. He was a half-human half-Elder Bairn hybrid.
- Also, Episode 12 reveals that he's been controlling the monsters with Saya's blood, meaning that they wont attack unless he tells them to.
- Fumito's experiments with Saya's blood do not end with this story. Ultimately, more half-human-half-monsters will be created with the large collection that he's hidden away and the most successful ones will become the first Claymores.
- Unlikely but technically possible.
The options would be:
- Blood: The Last vampire
- Blood: The last vampire (Live-Action adaption)
- Blood+ (Anime)
- Blood+ (Manga)
- Noir (Why not?)
- It seems to be cautious enough to not contradict any other Blood continuity despite the shift from Chiropterans to Elder Bairns (Or more accurately, fancy-named Youkai). The show avoids to adress Blood+ in any way but it's final resolution and the open ending Blood+ had both allow for a retconning (I.E.: Blood-C is a future in which Saya has awaken from one of her 30-year slumbers and has been left alone). Likewise, the final episodes show Saya with her outfit from The Last Vampire battling Fumito and his army while in a wild state, which can be connected to the original movie.
The writer wanted to destroy the franchise with the last two episodes.
I mean, what the hell, writer?! You bring up that twist just to Kill Them All
?! This is super Nightmare Fuel
! Even Hiroya Oku would believe you are overdoing it.