Examples of Awesome Music
in anime. It should be noted that a lot of songs in anime are regular J-Pop songs that just appear in anime and are not exclusive to it. Still awesome, though.
Composers and musicians with their own pages:
Series with their own pages:
Other Awesome Music
open/close all folders
- "Making of a Cyborg", the main theme of the classic Ghost in the Shell film.
- The soundtrack for the "live action manga" Avalon, also by Kenji Kawai deserves to be noted, and belongs, here.
- His score for the Fate/stay night anime brings us "Night of Fate", "Lonesome Pilgrimage", "Master", "Quirk of Fate", "Holy Grail", "Hereditary Seal", "The King of Heroes", "Winter Fairy", "Bloody Rider", "Contract", "Bonds", "Roar of the World", "La Sola", and "Dash of the Rival Chiefs".
- And of course, the Death Note live action movies. Hot damn.
- The OP of the Vampire Princess Miyu OAV series. As well as Now comes the conclusion, from the third OAV. Heartbreakingly beautiful.
- Seirei no Moribito and this song, "Nahji no Uta". A perfect match for the anime's Heartwarming Moment.
- Pretty much all of Moribito's soundtrack is so spectacular. "Omoi Haruka" makes you happy to be alive.
- Pretty much the entirety of the score from Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Notable tracks of awesomeness can be found here.
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: The anime OSTs were made by him and feature some of the scariest tracks in anime.
- The appropriately named "Adler Tag" from The Sky Crawlers is a highlight of his work from that movie, accompanying a gradual buildup of warplanes for a massive Battle of Britain-style raid.
As with anything fan-produced, Sturgeon's Law
applies to fandubs. However, on occasion you stumble upon that elusive 10% that's absolutely worth it. Here you may learn what your favorite anime songs sound like translated to English.
- GeekyFanDubs: In addition to having a good singing voice, she reimagines the lyrics of the song so that they flow as naturally as possible, while keeping the song's original meaning.
- Cristina Vee: She works as an English voice actress, and she uses her talent to create some of the best fandubs you can find anywhere.
- A YouTuber called MidiGuyFDdp21 also does some really nice covers of anime openings.
- Flairs from Hell sang a few good fandubs, including a few from Touhou.
- Shadowlink4321. Fall in love. All over again.
- "Uso", Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's 1st Ending.
- "Rain", same anime, 5th opening.
- "Unbeatable", the English opening to Pokemon Advanced Battle.
- "Blaze", the first opening of the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle anime.
- Not an anime example, but from Sonic Adventure 2, he gives us "Escape From The City".
- Also, already referenced in Sonic the Hedgehog's section, "Golden Rings", a Generations Tribute.
- "Butter Fly", TV Size.
- "Sorairo Days", Gosick Style Fandub. (Sorairo Days belongs to a certain Gurren Lagann).
- "Golden Time Lover", FMAB's 3rd Opening.
- "Colors", Code Geass' first opening (now lacking in JIBUN WO~!).
- "Light My Fire", the first opening to Shakugan no Shana III Final.
- "Snow fairy", the first opening to Fairy Tail.
- "Innocent sorrow", one of the D.Gray-Man openings.
- "STRENGTH", the last ending for the first run of Soul Eater.
- "We Go", one of the openings to the ever beloved One Piece, complete with the opening recreated with Super Smash Bros. Brawl Machinima.
- He's also got a particularly good one for "In My World", the second opening to Blue Exorcist.
- He can also make some good mashups. What happens when you mix "STRENGTH" with "Serment"? Or "Light My Fire" with "Knight of the Wind"? How about "Joint" with "With Me"... Mashed up TWICE?
- LeeandLie has done a number of fandubs.
- StawberryCreme26 has done some amazing fandubs.
- This cover of the song "Exist" from the anime of Btooom!. Extra note: the singer is a native German singing in flawless English.
- Sapphire and the rest of her associates.
- Y. Chang, one the primary lyricists of the group, has his own channel, and writes lyrics for other artists!
Other Language Fandubs