Awesome Music / Transformers
Say what you will about Michael Bay
's Transformers Film Series
, but the music therein is undeniably awesome. In fact, quite a bit of music in the entire franchise is.
Revenge of the Fallen
- "NEST", which is the best rock out to Lock and Load Montage song since Halo's "Blow Me Away".
- The epic "Forest Battle" found HERE. What happens when this music is playing is both one of the best moments in the movie AND a BIG Momentof Awesome for Optimus Prime.
- "Einstein's Wrong", the main theme for the Seekers.
- "The Fallen", the Leitmotif for the eponymous character, stands out for being an extremely creepy and alien combination of measured synthesizer beats and human voices. It shouldn't work, but it does, and the end result is both awesome and a prime example of Hell Is That Noise (and potential Nightmare Fuel).
- "Infinite White" and its sister track, "Tomb of the Primes". Beautiful...
- The two finale tracks, titled "I Claim Your Sun" and "I Rise, You Fall", are so utterly epic that they lend a kind of credence to the final battle it wouldn't normally have. Right before that, we have "Matrix of Leadership", generally considered the album's best track, and for very good reason.
- The unreleased complete score is, if anything, more awesome than its predecessor. Some of the best include "Optimus to the Rescue", "Orange Smoke", and "Autobots on the Move" (called "Roll Out" among the fandom for obvious reasons).
Dark of the Moon
Age of Extinction
- The first piece of the movie's music ever released, "Hunted", certainly qualifies, especially the end, an extended version of the climax of "Honor to the End".
- "Tessa", the main leitmotif for the humans, was good enough to make it into the trailers.
- "Autobots Reunite" is an excellent throwback to "Arrival to Earth" and the ''Transformers Prime" theme.
- It's easy to see why Lockdown's Leitmotif was chosen as the trailer music. It's the eerie, discordant track that plays as he stalks out of the smoke and ends your life.
The Main Album
- "Your Creators Want You Back", a reprise of Lockdown's theme which play's during his capture of Optimus. It nails the terror and sadness of those involved perfectly.
- "Dinobot Charge" is an amazing Triumphant Reprise of the Decision suite. Six and a half minutes of giant robots riding to the rescue on colossal metal dinosaurs doesn't usually get much much more awesome than it already is, but inclusion of this track manages just that.
- "Honor to the End" plays during the final showdown between Optimus and Lockdown. And it is incredible.
- "Leave Planet Earth Alone", which plays during the final scene, is every bit as good.
- "His Name is Shane, and He Drives", played when Shane shows up and gets the Three away from Cemetery Wind, and keeps playing during the first chase sequence of the movie.
The Various Animated Series
- The Transformers:
- Beast Wars:
- "Theme of Hero," the quasi-orchestral song that plays during Dinobot's funeral in "Code of Hero."
- The Japanese opening themes for Beast Wars Metals:
- Transformers Energon: The music is sometimes pointed to as the series' only consistent saving grace.
- Transformers Cybertron had an awesome soundtrack, although the original Japanese version, Galaxy Force, and the US version (which was mostly unchanged, with a few exceptions such as the exclusion of the Japanese vocal songs) have individual fan bases.
- Transformers Animated:
- Transformers Prime:
- Most of the soundtrack, but special mention goes to the theme and "We Have Returned". Regarding the theme, there are no words whatsoever, yet they somehow manage to fit all the epicness of the series, no, the ENTIRE TRANSFORMERS MULTIVERSE in one 44 second long song. Even if you don't like the show itself, there's a pretty good chance you'll like the song anyway. And that five-note pattern repeated in the song? It's the godamn classic transformation sound, turned into a song.
- In Japanese Dub, the second opening theme "Transformerz" by m-flow an Rap/Hip-Hop theme and the thirth ending song "Discord" by Tokyo Girls Style.
- Transformers Rescue Bots: This show continues the franchise's long standing record of producing awesome opening music.
The Video Games
- Transformers: Prelude to Energon has an extremely memorable soundtrack, especially the boss themes. Then there's the extra theme song remixes unlocked by collecting Data-cons.
- While Beast Wars: Transmetals was a pretty bad game, it had this gem.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron: The end credits, reeking of the old-school credits sequences from the cartoon, with Stan "The Touch" Bush singing "Till All Are One". Watch it here.