A Video Game / Anime about Idol Singers
would quite obviously provide plenty of examples of awesome music, but a few of them deserve special mention for their added effect during the scene/event they played out.
- Yakusoku - Sung by 765PRO ALLSTARS - Ep 20 of the anime. It's also an Awesome Moment, Heartwarming Moment and a Tear Jerker.
- Nemuri Hime - Sung by Chihaya a cappella at first, making the entrance of the orchestra all the more powerfull in Ep 21. Another Awesome Moment.
- Chihaya's original song from the first game, Aoi Tori. It is a beautifully melancholic piece that practically defines Chihaya's feelings. It returns as an arrange for Episode 4's ending, complete with a new recording and a beautiful a cappella performance in the episode itself.
- L.O.B.M - Sung by 765PRO ALLSTARS - Ep 10. A Theme Music Power-Up.
- Watashitachi wa Zutto ...deshou? (previously known as Itsumademo Dokomademo) - Sung by 765PRO ALLSTARS - Ep 25. The Hard Work Montage just added the effect.
- Marionette no Kokoro - Sung by Miki in Episode 13. Doubles as a Determinator moment for her, since she was already tired from singing/dancing her previous song.
- Jibun Rest@rt - Sung by 765PRO ALLSTARS (without Iori, Ami and Asuza). It's a defining moment in the series, where the idols that aren't Ryuuguu Komachi step up and prove to the world that they're just as talented and that they can stand on their own.
- ALRIGHT* - One of Yukiho's image songs, which she sings in episode 3 of the anime as a way of overcoming her own weakness.
- Little Match Girl - Shows how Yukiho has become confident in herself, enough to take the lead in the center of the stage with no problems. The M@STER version is even more glorious.
- arcadia. It just radiates awesome. Also was used as a theme song for the trailer of Mujin Gattai Kisaragi and starts playing when Haruka reveals herself as the Big Bad.
- Agent Yoru o Yuku has always been one of the most well-known songs in the series. However, the song really brings out the awesome in Episode 8, where it plays in the background while Makoto has an epic kung-fu fight with a grunt on top of a ladder bridge.
- The last episode's performance of a mashup of the two openings, READY!!&CHANGE!!!!, in its fully animated glory. All the girls manage to hold this concert together even with their incredibly busy schedules.
- ALIVE, the personal song of DS idol Hidaka Ai, a massive genki girl trying to make it as an Idol by her own merits, instead of just riding the coattails of her famous mother (as many producers have advised). Ai auditions and always gives her all, but gets rejected and fails more often than not; keeping up the cheerful persona to others, but secretly crying about it alone at a park at night. Knowing this, the song becomes that much more of a Tearjerker and serves as an inspiring theme for perseverance in general.
- Overmaster is Project Fairy's badass rock Image Song, which exemplifies the idea that All Girls Want Bad Boys. Made even better when sweet and shy Yukiho covers it.
- THE iDOLM@STER is a catchy and inspiring song that pretty much represents what iM@S stands for. Its incarnation in the second game is THE iDOLM@STER 2nd-mix, a techno remix which somehow makes it even better.
- Shiny Festa gives us edeN, quite possibly one of the most awesome songs in the series.