Awesome Music / The Little Mermaid
Sebastian managed to make romantic music on a fly.
- The opening/end credits music.
- While the songs in the sequel may not be near as memorable as the songs in the original, the song "For a Moment", a Solo Duet between Melody and Ariel, proves to be quite a feel-good standout, especially since Tara Strong really demonstrates her amazing singing talent.
- Ursula's song "Poor Unfortunate Souls" was the most breathtaking, show-stealing moment of The Little Mermaid. Not to mention the sheer awesomeness that is her Evil Laugh. The French version is incredible too, thanks to Micheline Dax's performance. Howard Ashman's demo is more epic because of Howard singing Tim Curry Style and some great vocal inflections.
- "Under The Sea", the musical number that firmly announced that Disney animation, after years of cultural near-irrelevance, was back. Not only that, but "Under the Sea" won the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- "Part of Your World" and its reprise mean so many things to so many people.
- Les Poissons is sinister, Catchy as hell, and hilarious all at the same time.
- Destruction of the Grotto. The ominous Mood Whiplash at the beginning is only the lead-in to this piece of heart-stopping terror. In the Broadway musical, its replacement ("The World Above Reprise") is an epic and emotional yet brief song for King Triton.
- The singing that Ariel does when Ursula takes her voice - and then uses to seduce Eric. It sounds like a real life version of Siren song. And it becomes even more awesome when the shell breaks and Ariel gets her voice back.
- The song "In Harmony" from the televiosn series episode "The Evil Manta". Ariel completely derails the Manta's plans and drives him away, all with a single upbeat song.