Disney's The Little Mermaid
- Ariel fails to arrive at her musical debut. Hilarity Ensues.
- The part where Scuttle and the other marine animals crashed the wedding and proceeded to beat up the disguised Ursula. Especially when Eric's dog Max bit her in the butt (probably as payback for her Kick the Dog moment), and she screamed the loudest of all. Pure hilarity.
- And a bit of Laser-Guided Karma, as thanks to the spell she put him under, Eric stands stock-still and does nothing to help her.
- Scuttle thinks Ariel is in love with Max the dog at first.
Ariel: He's really handsome, isn't he?
Scuttle: Gee, I dunno. He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me.
Ariel: No, not that one. The one playin' the snarfblatt.
- Eric's expression when he sees the overly fancy statue of himself; doubled with Max snarling at the statue in extreme disapproval.
Eric: Uh, gee, Grim. It's uh...it's..it's really something.
- The part when Sebastian drove that poor chef out of his skull. Call that part a Big Lipped Alligator Moment if you want. I call it hilarious.
(A loud crash and shattering is heard)Carlotta: I think I'd better go see what Louie is up to.(Back to kitchen. Louie is trashing the place.)Louie: Come out, you little pipsqueak, and FIGHT LIKE A MAN!Carlotta: LOUIE!!Louie: *looks up and bumps his head; causing a butcher knife to nearly fall on him*Carlotta: What are you doing?!Louie: Well, I was just . . . uh, I was just. . .um. . .*sheepishly* I'm sorry, Madame *sheepish grin while putting out a little fire on his whisker*Carlotta: Hmmph! *grabs the tray and stomps out of the kitchen*
- "Le poisson, le poisson, hee hee hee, haw haw haw!!"
- The race car sound effect when Sebastian is running away from Louis until Louis flings a cleaver into his path before Sebastian changes directions and runs toward a shelf of dishes, wine glasses, and porcelain.
- And Carlotta's reaction is hilarious.
- The fish's severed head lands in front of Sebastian, staring at him.
- Early in the film, Ursula bemoans her exile from the kingdom, and moans that she's wasted away to nothing, despite still being quite fat. A book called Disney Villains: The Top Secret Files made it clear that as a young adult, she went from wispy to her current size due to overindulging on the gourmet meals at the palace. The musical also makes it clear that the lavish meals are what she misses most about her old life.
- When Grimsby lifts the cover from his dish of stuffed crab... and it's Sebastian. Cue Ariel hastily gesturing Sebastian onto her own dish while Grimsby and Eric are distracted talking to one another. Grimsby unwittingly provides the punch line:
Grimsby: Wonderful! Now, let's eat, before this crab wanders off my plate.[fork tinks against an empty plate with a little trail of stuffing marking Sebastian's escape]
- Ursula hamming it up during her Villain Song was hilarious, in a skankily horrifying way.
- "And never underestimate the importance of...BODY LANGUAGE!"
- Ariel striking a sexy pose when Scuttle dresses her up in a boat sail and rope.
- Bonus points for the sexy saxophone riff that plays.
- Ariel drives like crazy. Bonus points for her expression, which shows she's thoroughly enjoying it. Extra bonus points for Eric's scared reaction, as well as his little slow popping up near the end, with an expression that said 'We're still alive?'
- When Max sniffs Ariel out at the side of Eric's ship, she hides for a moment, then turns back and ends up face to face with Max. The expression on her face◊ is adorably funny.
- Later, after Ariel becomes human, Max chases after her. Ariel climbs onto a rock, Max starts jumping and barking until he got another lick of her.
- Scuttle looks through the wrong end of the telescope at Ariel and Flounder at the beginning of the first film.
- Then when he lowers it and sees Ariel close to his face, he says "Whoa, what a swim."
- Also, Scuttle's attempt to play the "Snarfblatt" (actually a smoking pipe) that Ariel found.
- Ariel brushing her hair with a "dinglehopper" with absolute glee in the middle of dinner, right in front of Eric and Grimsley. The latter two's expressions are just priceless, especially Eric's Fascinating Eyebrow.
- Ariel taking Grimsley's smoking pipe and blowing smoke into his face. His expression with smoke all over his face is hilarious as is the fact that Eric and Carlotta both laugh upon seeing this.
- Eric puts forth "Mildred" as a possible name for Ariel. She makes the most wonderful face◊ to show her disapproval. It really points out how much you can communicate without using words.
- Chef Louie chasing Sebastian on the Wedding boat.
- Ending with Sebastian snapping the rope to let a mast swing down and knock out Louie's teeth.
- The beginning of the movie, where Sebastian pulls a huge book of music from a tiny shell.
- Scuttle's attempt at serenading to get Ariel and Eric to kiss, which makes Ariel Face Palm.
Eric: Wow! Somebody should find that poor thing, put him out of his misery.
- During "Kiss The Girl" when he tries to sing and the flamingos stop him from continuing.
- When Sebastian attempts to speak to Triton about Ariel being in love, telling himself not to overreact.
Sebastian: (high-pitched crack) Yes... [clears throat] I mean...yes, Your Majesty?
- When Ariel tries to explain to Eric by "playing charades" ("What is it? You're hurt? No, no... You need help"). The look on Ariel's face when she nearly fall off the rock.
- "SHE'S GOT LEGS, YOU IDIOT!"
Sebastian: She traded her voice to she sea witch and she got legs! JEEZ, mon!
Scuttle: I knew that.
- "You pucker your lips... like DIS."
- Sebastian after Ariel's whole shipwreck adventure: "We're just gonna forget this whole thing ever happened. The sea king will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him. I will stay in one piece!" Followed by his Jaw Drop at Ariel lovingly serenading the unconscious Eric.
- When Scuttle sees Ursula's reflection in Vanessa's mirror right before he goes to warn Ariel...
Scuttle: The Sea Witch! Oh no...She's gonna...I gotta...(in his haste, flies right into window with a loud CLANG!) ARIEL!!!!!
- Then when Scuttle arrives and tries to explain with Ariel and Sebastian looking at him in utter confusion until he grabs Sebastian and slams him down with every word.
- Sebastian's reaction to the Seahorse Herald notifying him that Triton wanted to speak to him about Ariel.
Sebastian: "*Gasp* — HE KNOWS!!"
Triton: Let's see, now. . . . Oh, who could the lucky merman be? [notices Sebastian just outside the door] Come in, Sebastian.
- Then When Sebastian approaches Triton's throne and is pressured so much by the king, that he spills the beans.
Sebastian: (inhales deeply) I mustn't overreact. I must remain calm. (skitters to Triton) [squeaky voice] Yes? (Clears Throat) Uh, yes, Your Majesty?
Triton: Sebastian, I'm concerned about Ariel. Have you noticed she's been acting peculiar lately?
Triton: You know, moaning about, daydreaming, singing to herself...You haven't noticed, hmm?
Sebastian: W-well, I-I-I
Triton: Sebastian...I know you've been keeping something from me...
Sebastian: (Big Gulp) Keeping... something?
Triton: About Ariel?
Sebastian [trembling]: Ariel?
Triton: In love?
Sebastian: I TRIED TO STOP HER, SIR! SHE WOULDN'T LISTEN! I told her to stay away from humans! They are bad! They are trouble! They are...
Triton: Humans? WHAT ABOUT HUMANS?!
Sebastian: Humans? (chuckles nervously) Who said anything about humans?
- Sebastian's "whatever" expression when Ariel (unaware of Sebastian's presence) begins singing "Part of Your World" (when talking about feet)
- Grimsby last sees Eric on board a ship that explodes in the middle of a storm. He's got to think Eric's dead, right? But then he finds the prince on the beach, and instead of an overjoyed "You're alive!", we get this line.
Grimsby: Eric! Oh, Eric. You really delight in these sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?
- Scuttle listening to Eric's foot in an attempt to check for his pulse
Scuttle: Oh, I - I can't make out a heartbeat.
- When Ursula accidentally kills Flotsam and Jetsam, her initial reaction is pretty funny... that is until she flies into an Unstoppable Rage.
Ursula: (gasps) BABIES! My poor little poopsies!
SequelsReturn to the Sea
- Sebastian has a moment in the second movie: "...and these WHOPPERS POP OUT!"
- The follow-up scene, with Sebastian sobbing his eyes out on the hem of Ariel's dress, is PRICELESS.
- Not to mention when Sebastian blows his nose into Ariel's dress.
- The follow-up scene, with Sebastian sobbing his eyes out on the hem of Ariel's dress, is PRICELESS.
- A reprisal of the chase scene in the second movie between Louis and Sebastian during the party, starting with a "You!" Exclamation from Louis and a small "You" from Sebastian.
- Melody mimicking Sebastian, with Sebastian himself topping it off with a blunt "Stop dat." The way he delivers that line is too rich.
- The argument between Tip and Dash, the penguin and walrus respectively, from the second movie. When Dash says "She doesn't like birds who don't fly!", Tip gives a dramatic gasp and says he can't fly either. Then when Dash says he walks funny, Tip thinks for a few seconds...then screams the same response: he can't fly either!
- Morgana fooling Melody into stealing Triton's trident by saying it was hers, but it was stolen by a "deranged kleptomaniac."
- From the third film, when Ariel and Flounder find Sebastian's underground music club.
- Marina celebrating Sebastian's arrest right after this sad line.
Attina: No one's happy...Marina: Yahoooooo!
Fish 1: Who is that?Fish 2: I don't know but she scares me.
- These lines between a couple a fishes watching Marina's celebration makes it even funnier.
- One part of the celebration has Marina mimicking Ariel's iconic pose on the rock as a wave crashes behind her... and into her.
Disney TV series
- In "Charmed," Ariel chastises Flounder for sounding like her father after he urges her not to explore yet another forbidden area. As Ariel darts away, Flounder comments to himself that he might be a father someday, and then considers the possibility that he might have a daughter like Ariel. "No. That's too scary! Ariel, I don't want to order you around, but come back!"
Meta and out of canon
- Ariel Needs Legs. Just... all of it.