Awesome Music: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
pulled out all the stops, going Up to Eleven
for this soundtrack.
- "Libera Me From Hell" is only played during awesome moments. How did they manage to make a fusion of rap and opera awesome? By kicking reason to the curb and going beyond the impossible, naturally.
- In addition to "Libera Me" From Hell, all of the different versions of "Rap Is A Man's Soul" are awesome:
- The music that plays when Simon and Kamina first break through to the surface.
- The longer version, Ten wo Tsuke, is just plain HEROIC.
- It was even more epic during the Giga Drill scene in Episode 8. Hotblooded speak, epic attacks, AND awesome music.
- And it was EVEN MORE EPIC during Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's formation in the movie.
- It was even used as the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's theme in The Third Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-hen.
- "Break Through The Dream", Kamina and Simon's song captures the Super Robot Spirit very well.
- The first ending, "UNDERGROUND", may qualify. The full version definitely qualifies.
- The second ending "Minna no Peace".
- Viral's Leitmotif, "Nikopol". That Nu Metal feel of the song is quite familiar... and downright awesome in itself.
- "Happily Ever After", the Theme Music Power-Up for one of the greatest He's Back ever. It also plays when Team Dai-Gurren storms the Dekabutsu.
- "Sorairo Days", the Awesome Theme Song.
- To Hell With Gattai is that one song that sends one giant middle finger to fate, destiny, and other preordained shit while yelling: "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
- "Get Fired Up, All Of You!" is made of epic and so very manly it was used for Lord Genome's origin story.
- It also holds a special meaning to many Fraxy players.
- "Is It Okay To Just Get Fired Up?", the villain's victory song usually, music played when the enemy's really starting to get a solid advantage and you wonder the outcome. Not like you should, but... y'know.
- "Spinning, Spinning, Spinning, Spiii!?" was good, but normal background music until Lagann-hen, at which point it becomes the theme for creating Chouginga Gurren Lagann, Simon AND his mech obliterating everything and crying manly tears of blood, and the Dai-Gurren-dan going on an utter rampage in the name of vengeance and lost brothers.
- "Tsuzuku Sekai", the ending theme of the first movie.
- From the second movie, we have "Sorairo Days -Tengen Toppa EDITION-", played during the final battle, and the ending theme, "Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana".
- There are two versions of "Sorairo Days" appended with Tengen Toppa EDITION. If it also has Lagann EDIT then it's from the movie, the other one splices the tune of "Tsuzuku Sekai", "Happily Ever After" and a third song into it for an interesting but not quite as dramatic form of awesome. Can be heard here.
- Also from the second movie: "My XXX is the Best in the Universe". In the same vein as the famous "Row Row Fight the Power", but with brand new lyrics and a beat that will pierce the heavens.
- For those into the futuristic style, "The Blue Monday E"R"ectrical Parade", played during some Mugann battles.
- It's different from most examples here, but Nia's Theme is pretty much Heartwarming Moments in music form... and a Tear Jerker if you know what happens to her.
- The second arc of the show has some new battle themes. This unnamed piece is the assault/victory theme of the Anti-Spiral forces, and the distorted noises really show that humanity is dealing with a whole new kind of horror.