Awesome Music: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
may be one of the most hate-it-or-love-it shows ever, but everyone agrees on one thing: the music is amazing. Electronic Music
galore with awesome, Ear Worm
tunes that can always amp up the dancefloor, all created and supervised by world-acclaimed DJ Taku Takahashi, half of renowned hip-hop duo m-Flo, who also collaborated with many other Japanese electro-house titans such as Hoshina Anniversary (who was even rewarded a place in the acclaimed German EDM label Boysnoize Records for his work in this show!) and Teddyloid. In fact, the soundtrack is so awesome it was then released in three
albums by Flying Dog Inc., one of the top electronic-based labels in Japan. Hell, all three albums are even available to buy on iTunes!
- Samples here.
- "FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"
- "Fallen Angel", the ending theme. Surprisingly Good English combined with a calming dream pop beat in great contrast to the usual chaos of the show.
- "Theme for Scanty and Kneesocks", cementing their places as the Ensemble Darkhorses of the series.
- "I WANT YOOOOOU TO MAKE BELIEVE IT'S THE FIRST TIME, AND I GOTTA SAY TO YOU, LOVE WILL FIND A WAY THAT's ALWAYS TRUE."
- Just listen to it IN REVERSE.
- "We Are Angels". Oh, and its video too.
- "Beverly Hills Cock" aka the music that plays whenever the girls are about to do something insanely Badass.
- All three character themes are driven, catchy electronic dance beats and were—for good reason—the only songs fans were bothering to remix before the OST was released.
- Panty has "Juice". This song, which could also go well with a porno, features Panty LITERALLY HAVING an orgasm. Yes, it's even worse than "Love To Love You Baby". Take Our Word for It.
- Stocking has "Milky Way", a popping, cute electroclash song. And then, we have "CHOCOLAT", which is downright glorious. Because, come on, it's Mariya Ise singing, what else do you want?
- Garterbelt takes the crown, however, with "Jumping Mole (Nerdcore Switch)". It is the best song in the soundtrack. Wild drum and bass beats? Check. Funky hooks? Check. True dance feel? Check. Hear to believe.
- "Corset Theme", a bass-heavy, crazy, styling-on-you, Industrial Metal villain song if there ever was one.
- "Yesline Dub", the closest thing this soundtrack has to a "you're so screwed" song.
- "Champion" and "Dancefloor Orgy" are probably some of the best songs on the OST. It's just fun and makes you want to dance to the beat. "D City Rock" is another great song.
- Also from the intentionally poorly named "Worst Album" is "S Trip", fondly remembered as the Panty courtroom transformation theme.