- "My Soul, Your Beats!", the opening. Note that there are two versions of the song used in the anime. The original features Lia of CLANNAD fame accompanied by a piano, whereas Episode 4 features LiSA under the in-series rock band Girls Dead Monster. The soundtrack CDs included not only both versions, but vocal-free versions of each, which has allowed fans to remix it to hell and back — Lia with rock guitars, LiSA with piano, and best of all, a remix incorporating vocals and music from all versions.
- The ending, "Brave Song", sung by Aoi Tada. It's always a treat to watch the ending credits while this soft melody plays.
- "Ichiban no Takaramono", the insert song during Yui's passing, is a heart-rending mix of heartwarming and tearjerking moments. The lyrics just make it better.
- Karuta's version, played during the last episode's penultimate scene, is even softer on the ears, and just as heartbreaking. It's hard to refrain from crying as Kanade disappears while Otonashi begs her to stay at his side.
- Yui's final version, the fifth and last single released, galvanises the original, forever making it an unforgettable song.
- While Jun Maeda said he opted for a minimalist style while composing the soundtrack, fans are quick to disagree.
- The in-series rock band Girls Dead Monster (singers alternating between Marina and LiSA, Iwasawa's and Yui's singing voices, respectively) make several songs worthy of praise:
- "Little Braver", with a PV to boot!
- Iwasawa's final single for the series is the aptly named "Last Song".
- "Ichiban no Takaramono" is both this and an epic Tear Jerker. Both the Yui-version or the original.
- "Theme of SSS" and "Kanade". They're just examples of what the OST offer. Every song in the soundtrack is awesome.
- The ridiculously ear wormic bassy jig that plays after the credits, as they reveal the next episode. Otherwise known as "Let's Operation!".
- "Itsumo Hitori~".
- For being named after a guy who's name means 'No Sound', "Otonashi" is quite the earful.
Awesome Music / Angel Beats!
The series was created by Jun Maeda, so expect a lot of Awesome Music.