- From the first episode:
- A minor one happens when Otonashi, despite Yuri's warning, goes to talk to Angel. Cue the latter scratching her head in frustration.
Yuri: AAAAAHHHHH! I failed to recruit a new member!
- Noda killing Otonashi...hundred times. What makes the scene is that Mario 1-Up sounds that follows. Then he resurrects few minutes later, complaining that he missed his punchline.
- The entire discussion about reincarnation is pretty funny, like discussing becoming a barnacle and devoured by humans, but the best part is when Yuri forgets the current name of their group and a deadpan "Barnacle Battlefront" is provided off screen. This troper burst out laughing.
- Otonashi goes looking around for an adult and comes across the Principal's office. He touches the doorknobs and... cue the pendulum trap pummelling him out of the windows, killing him. Otonashi death count, 102.
- Noda getting pummeled by a pendulum trap in episode 2, the moment punctuated by the first few words of the ending song only for it to be abruptly cut off once said pendulum smashes him into the wall.
- It is also something of a Humiliation Conga mixed with There Is No Kill Like Overkill, because let's see, getting hit by a hammer, hitting the wall, hammered once more, collapse on the floor, and buried by debris from the wall that he was smashed into. Yeah, Butt Monkey.
- A huge chunk of Episode 2, which actually manages to make Dwindling Party utterly hilarious.
- When the SSS comes across the Descending Ceiling, TK stops the supports it, telling them to go on in a heroic tone. Cue everyone casually moving on, saying things like "Ok, see ya!" "Thanks!" and after Otonashi, the only one who feels remotely sorry about the whole thing, gets out, TK collapses in a short "Blaarrgh."
- The party get dropped in a deep pit and have to form a human ladder to climb to safety. Yurippe tells Otonashi to just grab her anywhere he can so he can climb out. But when it's Hinata's turn....
AH! DON'T GRAB ME THERE! [THWACK!] Hinata: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT- (scene change) Otonashi:
Where's Hinata? Yurippe: He was a noble sacrifice.
- After a good chunk of the party is killed on the trek to the Guild, Fujimaki says that Otonashi will be the next to go. One commerical break later, guess who's bobbing like a dead goldfish?
- Shiina falling over down the fall after trying to catch a (obviously toy) puppy.
Shiina: (falling to her death) How thoughtleeeessssss!!!
- In episode 4, after Hinata's several failures at trying to recruit his baseball team...
Yui: It's all right, for I, Yui-nyan will give you a hand!
Hinata: What did you just say?
Yui: I GIVEIGIVEIGIVEIGIVE!!!
- Later that day, after they get to the field, Otonashi pitches the ball....then out of nowhere, Noda pops out strikes the ball...with his halbeldier, challenging him once again. Otonashi catches the ball back, throws it back, and it continues until the judge calls foul on both of them.
- In a near Tear Jerker aversion, Hinata, goes to catch the ball, the same way it happened in his past life. He wonders, "I would disappear if I catch this ball, right? But it would be the most wonderful feeling..." Otonashi runs toward him, because he doesn't want him to go yet...then Hinata gets tackled by Yui, who wants her revenge, putting him in reverse swastika.
- After the special opening theme, Yui lynched herself with the microphone cable, turning the mood from badass right back to hilarious.
- Rocket propulsion seats for a distraction when you can't pull one off anyone?
- Thrice. And with the show's ending, Brave Song, playing in the background.
- Hinata tries at distraction, Hinata fails at distraction, Hinata gets sent flying. Takamatsu tries at distraction, Takamatsu fails at distraction, Takamatsu gets sent flying. Ooyama tries at distraction, Ooyama fails at distraction, Hinata gets sent flying.
- Naoi hypnotizing Hinata into believing he's lower than a clothespin.
- Naoi doing it again to Hinata only with toilet paper this time. Hinata even spins like he is being flushed.
- Episode 8: Rehash of the Guild trek (1:19-3:46), which means yet another stream of gruesome deaths.
- The fact that, after each death, everybody screams the person's name dramatically. Hinata Lampshades it the first time:
"Oi! What's with this scene like we're in a shounen manga!?"
"Let me make you sm~ile—" *SPLORTCH*
- Episode 11 has Hinata and Naoi trying to out Ho Yay each other to help Otonashi.
Christ Takeyama weaponizing Mouthful of Pi against Noda.
- And this gem from Yuri right after:
"Yes. That's right. Our weakness is that we're all stupid."
"The leader really shouldn't be saying things like that..."
- The ENTIRE Special Episode. Picture every member of the Battlefront forced by Yuri to act like a Large Ham on pain of death. It truly must be seen to be believed.
- BAD END
- When Noda arrives and starts hamming it up, Hideki remarks that he's just acting like he always does.
- The shadows don't seem to have emotions or even consciousness, but that one that gets chopped up bit by bit by Tenshi's Hand Sonic, seemed really shocked.
- Tenshi and Otonashi stealing Yui's guitar to get her pissed enough to give them chase. Instead, Tenshi complains about Yui's bad singing (which was an act) right after the other band members did it. Yui broke down like a balloon losing air. Second try, Tenshi still has Yui's guitar, Yui gives chase, Otonashi stumbles into Tenshi, Tenshi drops guitar. Or rather theatrically throws it saying something like "Yay". Cue almost Face Palm from Otonashi.
- Takeyama being interrupted when he tries to say his catchphrase. In episode 5, Yuri turns to talk to someone else when he starts to say it. In episode 11, she hangs up on him.
- Hinata's school principal costume in the last episode.
- Tenshi's song about Mapo Tofu in the same episode.