- Tenshi's line asking Otonashi "Why are you still sitting" after he reaches out to her is rather heartwarming given how lonely she seems. This effect is threatened given that until she had asked him that, most viewers would believe she was extremely angry given her general lack of emotion, and that she had started to walk out of the room. Hell, their entire light-romance-ish subplot is extremely heartwarming in light of the tearjerkers that sandwich it.
- In episode 3, Iwasawa finally manages to sing 'My Song', coming to terms with her life and finally managing to pass on.
- A little one in episode 5, when Yuri decides that Ooyama is too emotionally traumatized from "confessing his feelings" to Angel to send him flying. Of course, she does it to Hinata instead, but it's still sweet that she empathized with Ooyama.
- Yui and Hinata talking about how they would meet and marry even if she was paralyzed.
- Somewhat more depressing than usual, but when Otonashi uses the last of his energy to sign a organ donor card, which makes all the other surving passengers of the train follow his lead.
- Otonashi hugging Naoi at the end of episode 6.
Otonashi: Your life was real too!
- It was heartwarming when Otonashi recalls his death and wonders what became of his donated organs and Kanade reassures him that the person receiving them would thank him for the rest of their lives. But it becomes a true crowning moment in hindsight when you realise Kanade wasn't just guessing.
- Otonashi's memories of his sister in episode 9.
- Episode 10, overall, where Yui gets to live out all of her dreams, including wrestling, winning a game of soccer, playing baseball and finally getting married after being disabled in life.
- Hinata explaining how he'd marry Yui at the end of episode 10.
- And subsequently the imagined scenes resulting from Hinata's explanation after which Yui disappears.
- In episode 12, the source of love that that triggered the doomsday in the afterlife was Yuri all along.
Yuri: I came all this way to protect everyone.
- Also in episode 12, the end credits show everybody, even the ones who ascended. It's a nice touch.
- Yuri hugging Kanade in Episode 13.
- Yuzuru confessing his love for Kanade.
- Episode 13 overall.
- Yuri's graduation diploma, on which everyone wrote their heartfelt thanks to her.
- The Single for Last Song has an incredibly heartwarming moment involving Iwasawa. It includes a six page manga where a young aspiring musician's guitar is destroyed by his alcoholic Father. The boy then finds a CDR labeled Last Song at his feet, he is moved to tears and encouraged by both the song itself and Iwasawa's spirit to work harder at achieving his dream, Iwasawa then High Five's Yui and goes to join the rest of Girls Dead Monster.
- Yuri recruiting Shiina into the SSS, giving her her name, and telling her she'll never need to kill again.
- A little moment in chapter 28 where Yuri is friendly to Shiina and chooses to stick with her in the search. Shiina looks glad, and judging by Yuri's smile back in her direction, she was looking out for the new member.
- Even though Ooyama was terrified by Yusa and ended up brutally killed by her, he was sympathetic to her after, figuring she must've been through something really bad. Yuri, who had just finished listening to Yusa hint at her backstory, smiles and ruffles his hair.
- At the bonfire, some NPCs invite Shiina to dance and she starts to have fun. Later, when Angel is advancing toward the bonfire to shut it down, Yuri seems hesitant to call Shiina for backup because of how much fun she's having.
- After Shiina almost disappears, Yuri pleads with her not to go, saying she and the SSS need her. Later as they all eat together, Yuri remarks that food tastes better with everyone.