- Archive Panic: If you're new to TV Tropes, brew some coffee.
- Awesomeness Withdrawal: Let's just face it. After reading most of the articles we have to offer, you can be quite depressed now that you'll have to wait for pages for works and tropes to be produced at normal intervals. Sometimes there may be cases of rereading the same tropes repeatedly.
- Browser Narcotic: Among the strongest out there. And among those with the biggest impact.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- On the Pothole Magnet page, the entry for Memetic Mutation says there are over 9000 instances of potholing to that page. There used to be a note saying "There aren't actually that many." Fast forward, and now there actually are that many.
- The Doraemon page used to say that Shizuka Minamoto was a Mary Sue (this was later deleted). This was funnier once Disney XD actually changed her name to Sue.
- Memetic Mutation: It is not uncommon to see "TV Tropes brought me here." on a comments section when this site does indeed link to whatever said site is. There are also enough in-jokes for a separate page.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: When the layout of the site was updated on June 26, 2018, it received a lot of flak from some users. Some users didn't like the updated theme due to changes to how pictures, bullets, notes, etc. looked, and to make matters worse, the site was buggy upon release and had issues with account security.note The developers immediately took feedback from the community and worked to fix most of the bugs.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Despite some of the pages being about family-friendly media, they'll make references to adult franchises, and having Getting Crap Past the Radar and Drinking Game pages for even the friendliest shows out there. This indicates the website isn't primarily child-safe or appropriate.
YMMV / TV Tropes