- Crosses the Line Twice: Racist trying to burn a Cross on a black man's front lawn? Not funny. Racist's plan getting ruined when "Why Can't We Be Friends?" starts playing in his truck? Funny. Racist getting dragged down the street by his truck while he's on fire and while the same song is still playing in his truck? Hysterical.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Hunt's death if you remember how Abigail Taylor died.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Naming this movie The Final Destination sounded like a presumptuous attempt at designating it as the last movie, when these franchises never seem to do that. With The Reveal that the next movie is a Stealth Prequel, this is chronologically true.
- The random dolphin sound effect a car makes on the track.
- The car wash almost-death can come across as ridiculous if you know that people have ridden through car washes on the tops of cars with no ill effects. MythBusters proved you don't even need to hold on to the car.
- The Escalator death. It's not even shocking. It just comes off as cartoonishly hilarious.
- The chain link fence death has drawn many comparisons to Happy Tree Friends for its sheer ludicrousness.note
- Samantha's death in the premonition is ruined when the car engine that crushes her chest when she's on the ground makes the sound that you'd hear when an anvil dropped on someone's head in a Looney Tunes cartoon. Also, her actual death, where a rock is propelled from a lawn mower and actually goes right through her eye, instead of simply knocking her to the ground and getting a black eye.
- Nadia's death is ruined when they cut to the body: an obvious dummy that someone surrounded with shredded pork and a fake wig.
- Nightmare Retardant: The fourth movie had the status of having basically every death involve either over the top Gorn or just kind of dumb. This led to some thinking the deaths had turned from "Oh god that could happen to me." to "Haha, look at that dumb guy's guts." The exception is Samantha's death in the hair salon which is genuine Nightmare and Paranoia Fuel. It almost looked like it belonged in a different movie.
- Special Effects Failure: Pretty much every death. Why? BECAUSE DEATH SAVED THE BEST FOR 3D
- So Bad, It's Good: How some fans feel about the film.
- Unpopular Popular Character: Hunt is a self-absorbed douche who, needless to say, isn't particularly loved in-universe (even by his own friends). All that said, he's one of the best sources of comic relief and is consistently hilarious, in addition to being played by one of the better actors, which has left him as something of an Ensemble Dark Horse
- What Could Have Been: If the final result of the movie had been closer to the script, then the movie may have been more respected, even if the special effects still hadn't quite been figured out. Special mention goes to Johnathan's death, which makes far more sense, and is more "realistic" (in the realms of the franchise) in the script than it ever was in the movie.
YMMV / Final Destination 4