Tropes in Puss in Book:
- Big Bad: The Narrator who turns out to be Fartholomew Fishflinger in one of the endings
- Canon Discontinuity: Lampshaded when Puss wonders why Golem is fighting him, since he became good at the end of his episode in The Adventures of Puss in Boots, he replies that "this story is not a part of standard canon"
- Casting Gag: The narrator is voiced by Jeff Bennett. This is not the first time he's voiced a narrator he voiced the narrator in a Doug Langdale helmed show .
- Multiple Endings: One of the few non-Video Game examples
- Reused Character Design: Parodied and lampshaded, when a fearsome giant is summoned, which turns out to be Toby the orphan. Puss comments on the laziness.
- Dulcinea appears as the witch.
- Interactive Narrator: The Narrator of the story and Big Bad
- Voice Changeling: When The Narrator is found to be Fartholomew Fishflinger, his voice suddenly switches voice actors. After a monologue, He imitates Puss in his own voice.